Donald Trump's Saudi Arabia: Escape from Saudi ... The women who make it and the ones who don’t

Denizen

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2018
Donald Trump's friend the butcher Mohammed Bin Salman is not a reformer and his despotic regime in Saudi Arabia is persecuting women and imprisoning them.

Increasing numbers of Saudi women are now seeking escape from the oppression in Saudi Arabia.

In October two Saudi women, sisters committed suicide because Saudi authorities had been informed they were seeking political asylum in the USA. "Saudi Arabian sisters whose bodies were found taped together along the Hudson River in October committed suicide, a medical examiner determined".

Recently a Saudi woman escaped from her family and was given asylum in Canada. More and more Saudi women are seeking escape.

Saudi women are treated as possessions and chattels of Saudi men.

Donald Trump and Jared Kushner are not making any evident attempt to pressure the Saudis to change the social status and independence of Saudi women.

Shahad stole her family's passports while they slept and fled for her life

Escape from Saudi ... The women who make it and the ones who don’t

Hundreds of women have tried to escape Saudi Arabia in recent years, fleeing the strict male guardianship laws that control every aspect of their lives. Four Corners follows the stories of some of the women who attempt the desperate dash for freedom.

By Sophie McNeill, Brigid Andersen and Georgina Pipe

Life in Saudi
By the time she was 14, Nourah* was thinking about escape. The young Saudi woman was on Twitter watching the Arab Spring unfold across the Middle East, bringing hopes for freedom.

“It wasn’t just for those people, it wasn’t just for those countries. For me as a young woman, that made a lot of difference and I decided when I was 14, I’m going to leave this country,” she said.

Nourah’s life was controlled by men.

Saudi Arabia’s male guardianship laws mean women need permission from their guardian — a father, brother, husband, son or uncle — for the most basic activities. They can’t travel, go to school, get a job or marry without permission. Under Saudi law, their witness statements carry half the weight of a man’s.

“Any male from my family can control my life in any way. He can make the big decisions in my life including my partner, the future of my education, even if I went to hospital he had to sign for me,” Nourah said.

For Shahad, life in Saudi included constant beatings from her father. When she complained to her mother about the abuse, her father beat them both. ...

Donald Trump's friend the butcher Mohammed Bin Salman is not a reformer and his despotic regime in Saudi Arabia is persecuting women and imprisoning them.

Increasing numbers of Saudi women are now seeking escape from the oppression in Saudi Arabia.

In October two Saudi women, sisters committed suicide because Saudi authorities had been informed they were seeking political asylum in the USA. "Saudi Arabian sisters whose bodies were found taped together along the Hudson River in October committed suicide, a medical examiner determined".

Recently a Saudi woman escaped from her family and was given asylum in Canada. More and more Saudi women are seeking escape.

Donald Trump and Jared Kushner are not making any evident attempt to pressure the Saudis to change the social status and independence of Saudi women.

Hundreds of women have tried to escape Saudi Arabia in recent years, fleeing the strict male guardianship laws that control every aspect of their lives. Four Corners follows the stories of some of the women who attempt the desperate dash for freedom.

Life in Saudi
By the time she was 14, Nourah* was thinking about escape. The young Saudi woman was on Twitter watching the Arab Spring unfold across the Middle East, bringing hopes for freedom.

“It wasn’t just for those people, it wasn’t just for those countries. For me as a young woman, that made a lot of difference and I decided when I was 14, I’m going to leave this country,” she said.

Saudi Arabia’s male guardianship laws mean women need permission from their guardian — a father, brother, husband, son or uncle — for the most basic activities. They can’t travel, go to school, get a job or marry without permission. Under Saudi law, their witness statements carry half the weight of a man’s.

“Any male from my family can control my life in any way. He can make the big decisions in my life including my partner, the future of my education, even if I went to hospital he had to sign for me,” Nourah said.

For Shahad, life in Saudi included constant beatings from her father. When she complained to her mother about the abuse, her father beat them both. ...

The ideology that leftists prefer over Americanism.

Life in Saudi

When your allies are helping you in killing your terrorist shithead enemies, you pretty much let them run their own affairs.

That's why we love Israel so much, too. :biggrin:

The Trump administration does not really care about human rights and rarely chides any of his dictator buddies for any their brutality. Just another instance where Trump has surrendered our place in the world.

Life in Saudi

These guys are the same ones that Obama bowed to, why so different today?

obama-bowing-to-saudi-prince-png.56743

Life in Saudi

Donald Trump's Saudi Arabia? :p

That's enough to laugh and know some butt-hurt hyper-partisan snowflake is whining about and attacking the President again based on his unbalanced emotional hatred for the man rather than sanity, common sense, and actual facts.

1. Much Like Pelosi chose to stand with violent illegals against Americans on the Border Wall / Securing the Border issue, Obama sided with Saudi against Americans 0ver 9/11/01.

'Obama has promised to veto a bill that Congress passed unanimously allowing families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia over alleged links to the 2001 terrorist attacks.'

"Obama is supporting the Saudis in their fight against Iran-backed rebels in Yemen, even though U.S. officials worry the fight there is distracting from the more important battle against the Islamic State. And many of the same U.S. lawmakers happy to make it easier to sue the Saudis just this week green-lit a $1.15 billion arms sale to the country. "Does no one sense the irony?” asked Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, one of a handful of lawmakers who tried to block the weapons deal in the Senate."

Obama, in an awkward twist, becomes Saudi Arabia's defender

2. 'Ex-Obama officials are now claiming his policy was nothing like Trump's appeasement of Saudi Arabia. Don’t be fooled — it’s the latest attempt to whitewash the former president's record.'

Obama would court the Saudis assiduously as part of his continued pursuit of the “war on terror”; they would blow up whenever he didn’t toe their preferred line precisely (say, by launching a war against Iran or blowing up Assad in Syria); and he would bend over backwards to win back their favor again.

If former Obama officials need a trip down memory lane to recall all of this, it’s fortunately all well-documented.

A more literal investment was Obama’s record $60 billion arms deal the next year, part of the administration’s plan to isolate Iran. The deal wasn’t popular — a bipartisan list of 198 signatures raised concerns about it and a congressional report questioned if such sales advanced US foreign policy — so Obama simply snuck the sale through by introducing it just as members of Congress were heading home for the midterms.

After excoriating various countries’ human rights records at the UN, Obama made sure to keep his comments on Bahrain
as anodyne as possible. Most importantly, he fed them more arms, this deal worth $30 billion.

All the while, Obama continued to dutifully ignore the country’s copious human rights abuses. Amnesty International
reported a “new wave of repression” in the country since 2011, including 160 people arrested for protesting that very repression. When an activist was sentenced to four years in jail and 300 lashes over calling for a constitutional monarchy, Obama held his tongue. The Saudi government had beheaded eight people the same month he teamed up with the Saudis to take on ISIS, including four members of a single family for “receiving drugs.” Fifty-two members of Congress and a more than a dozen NGOs signed a letter demanding Obama confront the Saudis over such abuses on his next trip, which he of course did not do.

So when Trump cozies up to a blood-soaked Egyptian dictator, these individuals
(DEMOCRATS / SNOWFLAKES) need to pretend as if this is something new, and not the continuation of an Obama-era policy."

The Trump administration does not really care about human rights and rarely chides any of his dictator buddies for any their brutality. Just another instance where Trump has surrendered our place in the world.

Right. :laughing0301:

Obama Puts an End to the Monroe Doctrine | White House Dossier
Obama is not president anymore. Defend your naked emperor.

I'll defend him a whole lot more if he overturns yet one more of Obama's fuckups, and reinstates the Monroe Doctrine.

Obama is not president anymore. Defend your naked emperor.
The current President's policy towards Saudi is a continuation of the previous President's Saudi Foreign Policy.
I know, doesn't make it right. It is also clear that the crown prince feels emboldened by Trump's indifference to human rights by stepping up the attacks on Yemen and his own people with our weapons.

I know, doesn't make it right. It is also clear that the crown prince feels emboldened by Trump's indifference to human rights by stepping up the attacks on Yemen and his own people with our weapons.
Agreed, it does not make it right. I feel Saudi is more emboldened after yet ANOTHER US President has chosen to continue to carry on the same foreign policy passed on by several past Presidents.

They know they are a 'necessary evil' and that it is our best / national interest to protect the Royal Family and / or the 'status quo'.

Past Presidents turned a blind eye to the Saudi's part in the murders of 3,000 Americans and prevented their families from getting restitution for fear of allowing that to happen would damage the 'relationship'. Trump, similarly, turns a blind eye to the brutal blatant murder of a journalist who slighted the Royal Family.

Talk about 'making a deal with the devil'......

Life in Saudi

Well duh, little late to the party. Guess who the European countries blame for terrorism. Guess who most the 911 high jackers were . Where was Osama from? How have bombs not fell? Trump is not the only president to do nothing about suadi terror ties

Life in Saudi

Donald Trump's Saudi Arabia? :p

That's enough to laugh and know some butt-hurt hyper-partisan snowflake is whining about and attacking the President again based on his unbalanced emotional hatred for the man rather than sanity, common sense, and actual facts.

1. Much Like Pelosi chose to stand with violent illegals against Americans on the Border Wall / Securing the Border issue, Obama sided with Saudi against Americans 0ver 9/11/01.

'Obama has promised to veto a bill that Congress passed unanimously allowing families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia over alleged links to the 2001 terrorist attacks.'

"Obama is supporting the Saudis in their fight against Iran-backed rebels in Yemen, even though U.S. officials worry the fight there is distracting from the more important battle against the Islamic State. And many of the same U.S. lawmakers happy to make it easier to sue the Saudis just this week green-lit a $1.15 billion arms sale to the country. "Does no one sense the irony?” asked Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, one of a handful of lawmakers who tried to block the weapons deal in the Senate."

Obama, in an awkward twist, becomes Saudi Arabia's defender

2. 'Ex-Obama officials are now claiming his policy was nothing like Trump's appeasement of Saudi Arabia. Don’t be fooled — it’s the latest attempt to whitewash the former president's record.'

Obama would court the Saudis assiduously as part of his continued pursuit of the “war on terror”; they would blow up whenever he didn’t toe their preferred line precisely (say, by launching a war against Iran or blowing up Assad in Syria); and he would bend over backwards to win back their favor again.

If former Obama officials need a trip down memory lane to recall all of this, it’s fortunately all well-documented.

A more literal investment was Obama’s record $60 billion arms deal the next year, part of the administration’s plan to isolate Iran. The deal wasn’t popular — a bipartisan list of 198 signatures raised concerns about it and a congressional report questioned if such sales advanced US foreign policy — so Obama simply snuck the sale through by introducing it just as members of Congress were heading home for the midterms.

After excoriating various countries’ human rights records at the UN, Obama made sure to keep his comments on Bahrain
as anodyne as possible. Most importantly, he fed them more arms, this deal worth $30 billion.

All the while, Obama continued to dutifully ignore the country’s copious human rights abuses. Amnesty International
reported a “new wave of repression” in the country since 2011, including 160 people arrested for protesting that very repression. When an activist was sentenced to four years in jail and 300 lashes over calling for a constitutional monarchy, Obama held his tongue. The Saudi government had beheaded eight people the same month he teamed up with the Saudis to take on ISIS, including four members of a single family for “receiving drugs.” Fifty-two members of Congress and a more than a dozen NGOs signed a letter demanding Obama confront the Saudis over such abuses on his next trip, which he of course did not do.

So when Trump cozies up to a blood-soaked Egyptian dictator, these individuals
(DEMOCRATS / SNOWFLAKES) need to pretend as if this is something new, and not the continuation of an Obama-era policy."
Take that Johny did it so it is ok for logic and put it where the sun does not shine. At some point the American Voting Public become absolute fools for allowing our government to continualy ignore the Saudis and thier support of terrorism no matter who is in charge. For once fuck party, and hold all responsible for it. The entire elected federal government. At least Bush,Obama and Trump have put thier head in the sand on this, bet it goes back farther than that though. Do n ot let them he said she said on this. At some point we have to look at our elected officials and say hey fix this or we replace you regardless of party. This might be a good place to start. In the spirit of Bi-partisanship on this I will tell where the Democrat is pissed at Obama. Talk about hires from Goldman Sachs. That shit sure burns my ass.

Take that Johny did it so it is ok for logic and put it where the sun does not shine.
Please copy and post my EXACT WORDS where I say just because past Presidents have carried on this exact Foreign Policy that it is OK for President Trump to do so if you think I did just that.

The FACT is I just pointed out the FACT that President Trump is carrying on the previous President's Saudi Foreign Policy. I never said it was 'OK' not should it be.

The FACT is the United States / past Presidents have engaged in 'necessary evil', have removed rulers from power WE deemed 'not in our best interest' only to have them turn around and bite us in the proverbial ass: Castro, Noriega, Hussein, Al-Assad, etc....

Take that Johny did it so it is ok for logic and put it where the sun does not shine.
Please copy and post my EXACT WORDS where I say just because past Presidents have carried on this exact Foreign Policy that it is OK for President Trump to do so if you think I did just that.

The FACT is I just pointed out the FACT that President Trump is carrying on the previous President's Saudi Foreign Policy. I never said it was 'OK' not should it be.

The FACT is the United States / past Presidents have engaged in 'necessary evil', have removed rulers from power WE deemed 'not in our best interest' only to have them turn around and bite us in the proverbial ass: Castro, Noriega, Hussein, Al-Assad, etc....
Sorry you are right! This issue makes me see red. You get regimes like this and your options are very poor. That being said they were poor in afganastan,they were poor in Iraq and the saudis are the ones responsible. If we take a riskk we do it on them PS Getting out of bed in the morning is a risk. I am not a war hawk but this is one I would have supported back in the early 2000'. This all may become much less complicated in the near future.
Laser scientists just tripled their record fusion power yield
We are already in the process of scaling this up. This could change stratigy in the middle east. I am not for starting a war with them right now to much on the docket, but we should start working to contain them right now.

Sorry you are right! This issue makes me see red. You get regimes like this and your options are very poor. That being said they were poor in afganastan,they were poor in Iraq and the saudis are the ones responsible. If we take a riskk we do it on them PS Getting out of bed in the morning is a risk. I am not a war hawk but this is one I would have supported back in the early 2000'. This all may become much less complicated in the near future.
We are already in the process of scaling this up. This could change stratigy in the middle east. I am not for starting a war with them right now to much on the docket, but we should start working to contain them right now.
A start would be refusing to sell them any more parts for the US aircraft they own, which they are using to wage their war. Oh sure, they could buy other aircraft elsewhere, but it sends them a message. 'The country protecting your a$$ is not happy with what you're doing, and if you expect our continued support you will curb what you are doing.'

A start would be refusing to sell them any more parts for the US aircraft they own, which they are using to wage their war. Oh sure, they could buy other aircraft elsewhere, but it sends them a message. 'The country protecting your a$$ is not happy with what you're doing, and if you expect our continued support you will curb what you are doing.'
That would be a good start. A message from the American public to our leaders needs to be sent. They are not pulling the wool over our eyes on this one, no divide and conquer the voting public on this one with propaganda. We are smarter than that.

If we are going to run over to spank Saudi Arabia for the way they treat women, Russia should spank us for the way we murder unborn children.

Forum List

Back