Donald Trump Reaches Out, Quietly, to Republican Establishment

This is the best election cycle ever! Finally someone who can command the stage. Someone who knows how to electrify the base and is reaching out to those who have been turned off politics.
Yeah that's great, if your goal is to pick the ringmaster of a three-ring reality TV show.... not so much if that's your criteria for choosing the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth.:oops:
Reagan was in the entertainment field as well and he did a great job of being "the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth"
Yeah and Reagan was Reagan and Trump ain't no Reagan... not even close.

"Thank you for your visit" -- Saladin, Kingdom of Heaven
You made the comment about the entertainment industry, all I am doing is drawing the similarity:slap:

This is the best election cycle ever! Finally someone who can command the stage. Someone who knows how to electrify the base and is reaching out to those who have been turned off politics.
Yeah that's great, if your goal is to pick the ringmaster of a three-ring reality TV show.... not so much if that's your criteria for choosing the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth.:oops:
Reagan was in the entertainment field as well and he did a great job of being "the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth"

You are the one making the comment about the entertainment industry, all I am doing is drawing the similarity:slap:
That's funny, in the version of English I use I didn't even mention the "entertainment industry" in the post you responded to.....

You are the one making the comment about the entertainment industry, all I am doing is drawing the similarity:slap:
That's funny, in the version of English I use I didn't even mention the "entertainment industry" in the post you responded to.....
Review your post.

"Mr. Trump, who is expected to run on a nonideological platform of his own design, is trying to reassure party officials that he understands there are certain norms even he needs to follow as the Republican nominee, and that he is capable of producing an organization and infrastructure that can sustain a costly general election campaign.

His team, already working to transform a lean operation into a national presidential campaign apparatus, has been reaching out to members of Congress and Washington think tanks; strategizing on how best to take on Mrs. Clinton and woo supporters of her primary opponent, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont; and planning to head to Cleveland next week to help direct the party’s July convention, according to aides.

The campaign has also begun thinking about what a convention with Mr. Trump, a circus master and media savant, as the prime-time act will look like.

“The site has been chosen and the arena is fine, but I’d want to have — you know, the last Republican convention was extraordinarily boring,” Mr. Trump said in one of two phone interviews Wednesday. “And we’re going to come up with some things that will make it interesting and informative, but also smart and different.”

Mr. Trump, a former reality television host, added that he would look to organizations like IMG, a global talent management company, to help with the production."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/06/us/politics/donald-trump-gop.html

The Donald will transform himself into whatever is necessary to be considered a viable candidate for both his party and to go against the Hillary or Bernie.

This is so interesting to watch and an exciting time in politics.

Quietly??

Not quite.

"Mr. Trump, who is expected to run on a nonideological platform of his own design, is trying to reassure party officials that he understands there are certain norms even he needs to follow as the Republican nominee, and that he is capable of producing an organization and infrastructure that can sustain a costly general election campaign.

His team, already working to transform a lean operation into a national presidential campaign apparatus, has been reaching out to members of Congress and Washington think tanks; strategizing on how best to take on Mrs. Clinton and woo supporters of her primary opponent, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont; and planning to head to Cleveland next week to help direct the party’s July convention, according to aides.

The campaign has also begun thinking about what a convention with Mr. Trump, a circus master and media savant, as the prime-time act will look like.

“The site has been chosen and the arena is fine, but I’d want to have — you know, the last Republican convention was extraordinarily boring,” Mr. Trump said in one of two phone interviews Wednesday. “And we’re going to come up with some things that will make it interesting and informative, but also smart and different.”

Mr. Trump, a former reality television host, added that he would look to organizations like IMG, a global talent management company, to help with the production."

The Donald will transform himself into whatever is necessary to be considered a viable candidate for both his party and to go against the Hillary or Bernie.

Hello, I am the translator of this topic's opening post for Trump's Chumps today. Sorry I'm late, but the golden escalator broke and we were stuck for hours on its steps until someone came and fixed it. That's the last time I take an escalator without an emergency bottle of Trump's Piss™ to hydrate myself, let me tell you.

Anywayyy...

[trump]
The last convention was a total disaster. Therefore, the reality TV star is going to make this next one so tremendous, believe me. There will be so much on-air talent it will make your head spin.

People will be downloading this convention from Netflix for years to come, folks. We're going to Make the Republican Convention Great Again.
[/trump]

Last edited:

Quietly??

Not quite.
Offer a rebuttal with sources in order to be taken seriously.

Review your post.
Yep, still no "entertainment industry" mentioned there, maybe whomever was supposed to send it used ground instead of rush delivery? :eek:

.. and the republican establishment responds to Trump by giving him the finger. :0)

The top republican and two pasts republican presidents won't endorse him.

Review your post.
Yep, still no "entertainment industry" mentioned there, maybe whomever was supposed to send it used ground instead of rush delivery? :eek:

TV star= Entertainment industry
Reality TV star= Entertainment industry

BUT THERE IS MORE!

GetFile.aspx

15 Things Trump and Reagan Have in Common

1. Like Reagan, Trump is a Washington outsider.

2. Reagan was dismissed as a serious candidate, and so was Trump.

3. Trump and Reagan were both attacked by the establishment as being extreme and simplistic.

4. Trump shares Reagan's "passion" for what he believes in.

5. Trump espouses similar views as Reagan on illegal immigration.

6. Trump is a straight-talker, like Reagan.

7. Trump began as a Democrat before becoming a Republican. Reagan, too, was initially a liberal Democrat,

8. Trump, like Reagan, has been a TV star.

9. Trump seeks to follow in Reagan's footsteps

10. Trump and Reagan both opposed runaway public employees' unions.

11. Trump shares Reagan's overall aim as president: to make America great again.

12. Trump favors tax reduction, as did Reagan.

13. Trump, like Reagan, is pro-life.

14. Trump and Reagan both have defended gun rights and the Second Amendment.

15. Reagan was the first president who had been divorced. President Trump would be the second

15 Things Trump and Reagan Have in Common

Of course Trump and Reagan have various things in common. What was your point? However, Trump is Trump and Reagan is Reagan what he may do if elected will be his own legacy. BTW there is more at the link.

.. and the republican establishment responds to Trump by giving him the finger. :0)

And Trump bucked the establishment lol

And Trump bucked the establishment lol

Sure he did.

That's what he and his good friend, Bill Clinton planned to do.

Oh wait .. you think Trump is a real candidate. :0)

Forum List

Back