Donald Trump has run the worst campaign in modern history

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

The closest we have had in American history was Andrew Jackson, and he was widely considered to be the worse president ever. Ironically, both Donald Trump and Andrew Jackson had demonstrated little understanding of their allotted constitutional powers.
Historians have rated Jackson from sixth best president to thirteenth best. The only president to pay off the debt.

I agree.

The closest we have had in American history was Andrew Jackson, and he was widely considered to be the worse president ever. Ironically, both Donald Trump and Andrew Jackson had demonstrated little understanding of their allotted constitutional powers.
Historians have rated Jackson from sixth best president to thirteenth best. The only president to pay off the debt.
The "historians' of the 21st century are engaged in present-ism as they judge AJ by today's standards. That's poor historical evaluation. Having said that, AJ truly was Trumpian in sociopathological anger, and unlike Trump (or Dale or most of the far right posters here today), no coward.

Everything pointed to a GOP win if a generically sound candidate could pivot to right of center to get women and minorities included in a consensus with white men. Donald Trump has run the worst campaign in modern history

Donnie Two Times simply went the other way.

"Many Republican-minded voters were desperately waiting for the pivot and would have lapped up any small words or gestures. Instead, Trump alienated potential supporters from these new groups even more than he had during the primaries.

Or take the way he has managed his staff. In a few months, he went through two teams at the top and is now on his third campaign manager. He has fewer than half as many field offices as Clinton, limited fundraising, and consistently weak and poorly produced ads. The two biggest innovations in campaigning in recent years have been “get out the vote” efforts and big data. Trump’s campaign is underinvested in both. Yale University political scientist Alan Gerber, who has pioneered research in this area, notes that converting potential voters into actual voters requires “volunteer phone banks and face-to-face canvassing, tactics that require planning, supervision and sustained effort to undertake at scale.” The Trump campaign scores very poorly on this front, he said.

Well for someone you think has run a bad campaign he's doing pretty damned good in the early voting.

After Seeing the Early Voting Numbers, Trump is SMILING! Big League!

http://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2016-10-25/democrats-early-voting-lead-may-not-hold

Hell he's even doing well in the battleground states.

Hold onto your hats folks.

Mormons offended by Trump could upend two-party tradition - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/.../donald-trump-hillary-clinton-utah-mormons-morality-dilemma...CNN
Oct 18, 2016 - trump clinton utah mormons 2016_00010919 .... McMullin, who is surging in the pollshere, but who is on the ballot in less than a dozen states.

Why Donald Trump could lose red Utah: Mormon America has found another candidate.
Washington Post‎ - 2 days ago
Trump's candidacy has had a dramatic impact on Mormon America. ... Trump, Clinton and McMullin, according to the RealClearPolitics polling ...

And yet he still has a shot at winning so what does that say about Hillary Clinton.

That he's not winning against the ultimate crony insider in the greatest change election ever shows how bad he really is.
True and the fact she can't put away someone who has made as many mistakes as Trump has shows how bad she really is. The fact both parties managed to nominate the two worst candidates in the modern era is a sad commentary on the state of the nation.

Donald J Trump is not a professional politician. As for running the worst campaign in history, he beat 15 other opponents in the Republican primary. There were such notables as the son and brother of a former president. There were senators and governors in that race. He's within a few points of a professional lifelong politician to win the highest office in our land. Win or lose, Trump has run a hell of a campaign.
"Donald J Trump is not a professional politician."

lol

No kidding.

And that's a bad thing? Look at the mess the "professionals" have made.
Trump would wreck this country.

Look at Obamacare (premiums going up, big insurance providers leaving) and the economy, (a vast majority of Americans underemployed working more than one part time job according to USAToday) it hasn't gotten any better for this country.

Everything pointed to a GOP win if a generically sound candidate could pivot to right of center to get women and minorities included in a consensus with white men. Donald Trump has run the worst campaign in modern history

Donnie Two Times simply went the other way.

"Many Republican-minded voters were desperately waiting for the pivot and would have lapped up any small words or gestures. Instead, Trump alienated potential supporters from these new groups even more than he had during the primaries.

Or take the way he has managed his staff. In a few months, he went through two teams at the top and is now on his third campaign manager. He has fewer than half as many field offices as Clinton, limited fundraising, and consistently weak and poorly produced ads. The two biggest innovations in campaigning in recent years have been “get out the vote” efforts and big data. Trump’s campaign is underinvested in both. Yale University political scientist Alan Gerber, who has pioneered research in this area, notes that converting potential voters into actual voters requires “volunteer phone banks and face-to-face canvassing, tactics that require planning, supervision and sustained effort to undertake at scale.” The Trump campaign scores very poorly on this front, he said.

Yet Hillary can't maintain a strong double digit lead, with more money thrown and more of the media showing their support behind her? Just how bad does it have to be for democrats that not even the likes of Trump can Mrs Clinton create a strong favorable lead throughout this race? L M A O !!!!!!!!!! You gotta love it !!!!
Yet conservatives can't stay on topic and resort to ridiculous red herring fallacies in a failed, lame effort to deflect.

The thread is about Trump, not Clinton.

Jake Smarmy is having a melt-down.....tooo funny.
:) I am glad you are on the board, since the reb left.

Hell, I am still waiting on you to clarify what an "alt-right" is by your own definition and those "tell-tale" signs" that one is in the midst of an "alt-right-winger"..,..so far you have bailed like the coward that I already knew you to be. You have never had any strengths in your convictions that you could clarify....me? I am an open book......all you need to do is ask.

Jake Smarmy is having a melt-down.....tooo funny.
:) I am glad you are on the board, since the reb left.

Hell, I am still waiting on you to clarify what an "alt-right" is by your own definition and those "tell-tale" signs" that one is in the midst of an "alt-right-winger"..,..so far you have bailed like the coward that I already knew you to be. You have never had any strengths in your convictions that you could clarify....me? I am an open book......all you need to do is ask.
You know so very little, what you know you can't put into context, thus you lash out, and thus I am continually amused by you. The bartbreit article defines Alt Right. You don't like it. Tell us why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back