Donald Trump appears to blame mass shootings on 'broken homes' and 'bad behaviour' at school

I blame Jimmy (the peanut) Carter for his liberal compassion on releasing the mentally ill from asylums so they could spend time with their family, thinking that would rehabilitate them. Yes, Ronald Reagan closed down the mental institutes because no one was occupying them, thus he saved billions of dollars in doing so. But it goes back to Jimmy and his liberal compassion, which always kills people.

Carter was the last honest Democrat to hold any high office. He was a dumbass, but at least he was honest and well-intentioned.

For any Democraps more recent than Carter, you have pretty much the same dumbassery, combined with corruption and dishonesty.

We have all of this. No shootings.
Try harder.
i-sb6SKFB-S.jpg

You would think tht he had a bit more to offer than that..I suppose that he was just reading the room. \A gathering of ghouls is unlikely to want to hear hrd truths.

Hey Donny, we have broken homes and bad behaviour over here as well. Think again dopey.

I'm surprised he didn't blame windmills.

You would think tht he had a bit more to offer than that..I suppose that he was just reading the room. \A gathering of ghouls is unlikely to want to hear hrd truths.

Hey Donny, we have broken homes and bad behaviour over here as well. Think again dopey.
His suggestions are just as valid as Biden, Obama and you. None are worth much are they?

From the article…

Former President Donald Trump called efforts to curb gun violence “cynical” and “grotesque” at the National Rifle Association convention in Houston on Friday, just three days after a gunman killed 19 children and two teachers at a Texas elementary school.

After calling the massacre in Uvalde, Texas, a “savage and barbaric atrocity” and reading aloud the name of each victim, the former president accused Democrats of being “cynical politicians seeking to exploit the tears of sobbing families to increase their own power and take away our constitutional rights.” He also claimed that increased calls to pass gun control legislation in the wake of the shooting amounted to a “grotesque effort by some in our society to use the suffering of others to advance their own extreme political agenda.”

“The various gun control policies being pushed by the left would have done nothing to prevent the horror that took place,” Trump continued, instead arguing that lawmakers should instead “deal with the problem of broken families,” pass mental health initiatives and “harden our schools.

He may not have said it very well, but just as with the previous point covered in the OP, he is exactly correct.

From the article…

Former President Donald Trump called efforts to curb gun violence “cynical” and “grotesque” at the National Rifle Association convention in Houston on Friday, just three days after a gunman killed 19 children and two teachers at a Texas elementary school.

After calling the massacre in Uvalde, Texas, a “savage and barbaric atrocity” and reading aloud the name of each victim, the former president accused Democrats of being “cynical politicians seeking to exploit the tears of sobbing families to increase their own power and take away our constitutional rights.” He also claimed that increased calls to pass gun control legislation in the wake of the shooting amounted to a “grotesque effort by some in our society to use the suffering of others to advance their own extreme political agenda.”

“The various gun control policies being pushed by the left would have done nothing to prevent the horror that took place,” Trump continued, instead arguing that lawmakers should instead “deal with the problem of broken families,” pass mental health initiatives and “harden our schools.

He may not have said it very well, but just as with the previous point covered in the OP, he is exactly correct.
Right.. and Trump's dancing was so impressive.

There is a long history of tyrannical societies using ersatz claims of “mental illness” as an excuse to target dissidents for denial of basic rights. The old Союз Советских Социалистических Республик was particularly notorious for it. They even invented a specific, diagnosed mental illness, which they called “вялотеку́щая шизофрени́я”, or “sluggish schizophrenia”, specifically to pin on political dissidents.
I know, like Trump.

October 11 2017
Donald Trump has threatened to shut down NBC and other American networks, saying that they peddle fake news.

"With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!" Mr Trump wrote in a tweet.

October 7 2020
Donald Trump mounted an overnight Twitter blitz demanding to jail his political enemies and call out allies he says are failing to arrest his rivals swiftly enough.

Trump twice amplified supporters’ criticisms of Attorney General William Barr, including one featuring a meme calling on him to “arrest somebody!”

“DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, THE BIGGEST OF ALL POLITICAL SCANDALS (IN HISTORY)!!! BIDEN, OBAMA AND CROOKED HILLARY LED THIS TREASONOUS PLOT!!! BIDEN SHOULDN’T BE ALLOWED TO RUN - GOT CAUGHT!!!” Trump tweeted.
At times, Democraps have not been exactly shy about trying to define as “mentally ill” those that they saw as a threat to their own agenda. I have a memory of the corrupt bitch Dianne Feinstein expressing the position, for example, that under the various “red flag laws” that have been proposed, that all war veterans should be targeted for denial of their Second Amendment rights. And under the Obama-era abuses, we've heard stories of those being denied their Second Amendment rights for such things as seeking treatment for insomnia or depression or other mild issue, or even for having difficulty managing their finances.
WTF?
These were people that were already receiving Social Security checks for their claims in a court, in front of a judge, claiming a mental disability to get SSDI.

People don't get SSDI for insomnia, depression or difficulty managing their finances.
To be sure, there are people who are truly mentally ill, to the degree and in the manner that they pose a genuine threat to themselves and to others; and we need to deal with them in a serious way.
I know, "serious"?
Then why did republicans cut the funding for it?

February 15 2018
The Trump administration's budget unveiled earlier this week contains millions of dollars worth of cuts to programs designed to keep schools safe and combat mental illness.

As Politico pointed out, the fiscal year 2019 budget would slash $25 million from a program that promotes school safety and a $400 million grant program that schools can use to deal with bullying and mental health issues.

The budget would also stop funding the School Emergency Response to Violence program (Project SERV), which received $1 million in federal money last year. Department of Education

But the use of “mental illness” as a general excuse for targeting individuals for denial of basic rights is wide-open for abuse, and we have already seen serious abuses of it in this country.
Yeah, I know.

That is not a flaw in the Constitution; it is by wise design.

These standards set in the Constitution are intended not to be easily altered; but only changed if there is a clear enough, and popularly-accepted enough need to do so.
1653770914862.png

It's been a while since I heard such claims, but a few years ago, I was hearing claims that up to 90% of the American people supported some claimed gun control rule. That was a lie, of course. If it was true, then that would certainly be enough support to get politicians to put into motion the process of amending the Constitution to allow that rule, and give such an effort a very high chance of success.
WTF?
Not even close.

But while that lie continued to be repeated, that 90% of Americans supported the policy being proposed, not one politician made any effort to initiate the process of amending the Constitution to allow it. Not one. Why is that? I say it is because they know damn well that the claimed support for that policy was a lie, that there was nowhere near the claimed support, and that any politician who had an obvious hand in trying to put forth or support any such amendment would be out of a job, out of a career, at the very next election cycle.

The bottom line is this: The Constitution is the highest law in this nation, and the principles established therein can only be changed by a process that is, by wise design, neither easy nor trivial. It takes a very strong degree of support to amend the Constitution, to enact a policy previously prohibited by it.

You're crying because you want to enact policies that you know damn well are blatantly unconstitutional, and you know damn well that you do not have anywhere near the support that it would take to enact such policies legitimately.
Aside from your blithering about your insights of the constitution and amendments to it.
No, they are NOT.

You allow wholesale rape of children too.

Forum List

Back