Domestic mineral supply chain debate continues after Biden cancels Minnesota mining leases

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
He's done it again. Another FU to America by Biden.

Just one thing after another that he has been doing for going on 14 months now. And with Harris then Pelosi in the wings this will continue. There won't be much left by January 20, 2025.

A company hoping to mine critical minerals needed for green technology is in limbo after the Biden administration canceled two leases

"We will challenge this attempt to stop our project and defend our valid existing mineral rights. We expect to prevail," the company said in a statement to Fox News. "This is not about law; this is a political action intended to stop the Twin Metals project without conducting the environmental review prescribed in law.

"We have proposed a world-class underground copper, nickel, cobalt and platinum group metals mine that deserves to be evaluated through the established environmental review process. Our proposal, submitted more than two years ago to state and federal agencies, was the culmination of more than a decade of engineering, hydrogeological, environmental and engagement work that maximizes environmental protection.

"We are confident that a full environmental review will show that the science behind this modern mine will prove that we can advance this project safely under the highest of standards."

The mining leases were first issued in 1966 and rescinded by the Obama administration in 2016. The Trump administration then reinstated the leases in 2017 and renewed them in 2018 and 2019. The Department of Interior wrote in January that the Trump administration violated Bureau of Land Management regulations and did not prepare an adequate analysis of the renewal.

Just one thing after another that he has been doing for going on 14 months now. And with Harris then Pelosi in the wings this will continue. There won't be much left by January 20, 2025.

A company hoping to mine critical minerals needed for green technology is in limbo after the Biden administration canceled two leases

"We will challenge this attempt to stop our project and defend our valid existing mineral rights. We expect to prevail," the company said in a statement to Fox News. "This is not about law; this is a political action intended to stop the Twin Metals project without conducting the environmental review prescribed in law.
"We have proposed a world-class underground copper, nickel, cobalt and platinum group metals mine that deserves to be evaluated through the established environmental review process. Our proposal, submitted more than two years ago to state and federal agencies, was the culmination of more than a decade of engineering, hydrogeological, environmental and engagement work that maximizes environmental protection.
"We are confident that a full environmental review will show that the science behind this modern mine will prove that we can advance this project safely under the highest of standards."
The mining leases were first issued in 1966 and rescinded by the Obama administration in 2016. The Trump administration then reinstated the leases in 2017 and renewed them in 2018 and 2019. The Department of Interior wrote in January that the Trump administration violated Bureau of Land Management regulations and did not prepare an adequate analysis of the renewal.

Wait...don't tell me: And we get the other 50% of those minerals from Russia and China, right?

OMFG. What a clusterfuck. :laughing0301:

I am not very knowledgeable on underground mining, but what is the drawback as long as safely engineered, operated and the tailings are dealt with in a way that does not harm the local rivers and tourist areas? I understand the state quit work on the environmental review in 2019. Not sure what is up with the state. Is this a Deb Haaland thing at Federal level or is underground mining under somebody else?

Who else is shocked that CCP Joe is doing all he can to hurt America?

I am not very knowledgeable on underground mining, but what is the drawback as long as safely engineered, operated and the tailings are dealt with in a way that does not harm the local rivers and tourist areas? I understand the state quit work on the environmental review in 2019. Not sure what is up with the state. Is this a Deb Haaland thing at Federal level or is underground mining under somebody else?
The environmental mitigation measures have been looked over for at least 20 years now.....Northern Minnesotans are acutely aware of the value of environmental protection, because of the tourism dollars it brings in.

This is more federal overreach chickenshit, destroying economic development and advancement of the working class, in the cynical and disingenuous name of environmental protection.

Lets hear from the Tweener Twins on this since they know everything

what say you Mac1958 and Golfing Gator ?

do we need minerals, or should America just buy finished products from china?
Fuck those two assholes.

The northern Minnesotans are my neighbors....They're being fucked over on purpose, by the string pullers of the senile basement dummy marionette.

Fuck those two assholes.

The northern Minnesotans are my neighbors....They're being fucked over on purpose, by the string pullers of the senile basement dummy marionette.
We have to hear from the Tweener Twins on this

only they can tell us why America does not need taw materials for manufacturing

I imagine he will strike a deal with Ukraine once their mess is over to just buy it from them for a price hike.

The environmental mitigation measures have been looked over for at least 20 years now.....Northern Minnesotans are acutely aware of the value of environmental protection, because of the tourism dollars it brings in.

This is more federal overreach chickenshit, destroying economic development and advancement of the working class, in the cynical and disingenuous name of environmental protection.
So, is the state of Minnesota stopping the environmental study in 2019, the hold up? What is the scoop? You and the article are unclear.

But at least Pete Buttigieg has solved the oil problem! He said all Americans have to do is buy an electric vehicle. Brilliant!

Not only is Biden stupid and the worst POTUS ever, but his Cabinet is also the worst and dumbest Cabinet of modern times

Forum List

Back