Domestic mineral supply chain debate continues after Biden cancels Minnesota mining leases

I am not very knowledgeable on underground mining, but what is the drawback as long as safely engineered, operated and the tailings are dealt with in a way that does not harm the local rivers and tourist areas? I understand the state quit work on the environmental review in 2019. Not sure what is up with the state. Is this a Deb Haaland thing at Federal level or is underground mining under somebody else?
It's simply liberal NIMBY arrogance. They want the final product, but not any of the mess. They leave that for poor brown people somewhere else.

He's done it again. Another FU to America by Biden.

Just one thing after another that he has been doing for going on 14 months now. And with Harris then Pelosi in the wings this will continue. There won't be much left by January 20, 2025.

A company hoping to mine critical minerals needed for green technology is in limbo after the Biden administration canceled two leases

"We will challenge this attempt to stop our project and defend our valid existing mineral rights. We expect to prevail," the company said in a statement to Fox News. "This is not about law; this is a political action intended to stop the Twin Metals project without conducting the environmental review prescribed in law.
"We have proposed a world-class underground copper, nickel, cobalt and platinum group metals mine that deserves to be evaluated through the established environmental review process. Our proposal, submitted more than two years ago to state and federal agencies, was the culmination of more than a decade of engineering, hydrogeological, environmental and engagement work that maximizes environmental protection.
"We are confident that a full environmental review will show that the science behind this modern mine will prove that we can advance this project safely under the highest of standards."
The mining leases were first issued in 1966 and rescinded by the Obama administration in 2016. The Trump administration then reinstated the leases in 2017 and renewed them in 2018 and 2019. The Department of Interior wrote in January that the Trump administration violated Bureau of Land Management regulations and did not prepare an adequate analysis of the renewal.

I said it before, and I'll keep saying it that Biden is a national security threat to this nation, and the fact that we aren't using any tool's in the constitution or within our law's to remove him and his cronies from power is flat outright amazing. The man can't even put a sentence together, but he's President because of a network of corrupt people behind him who are literally holding the man up. Undoubtedly the constitution didn't go far enough when written, because we should have the ability to have an emergency meeting between protector's of the Union, who can remove rogue element's that are working openly to destroy the nation without resistance of.

They should be brought before the council that is made up of patriot's from every state, and a vote to remove them is voted upon for their removal. Impeachment has shown to not be enough, so it needs to be a more serious thing that takes place.

They must not have gotten "permission to do business".

I keep praying, God we need a good political house cleaning in this nation.
Oh, Please! Even if you are a dyed in the blood of the lamb believer, God left the Jews in Egypt for 215 years at the least, and they were his chosen people, so what makes you think he would do a house cleaning for the ugly American? Do you think he made this mess? Most of the time, his answer is "Do it yourself", so you better be trying to clean up this mess more to your liking yourself.

I need to know more facts before I pass judgement. Where is the location? Does any human live close to it? Big so the company needs to compensate the landowners within a couple mile radius. And compensate them bigly. Is there water close by? Will any pollution get into the water?

Oh, Please! Even if you are a dyed in the blood of the lamb believer, God left the Jews in Egypt for 215 years at the least, and they were his chosen people, so what makes you think he would do a house cleaning for the ugly American? Do you think he made this mess? Most of the time, his answer is "Do it yourself", so you better be trying to clean up this mess more to your liking yourself.
I have faith in what I have been told and what I have been shown concerning the cleansing of the nations and that the river flows pure and clean and the children of God walk in peace after it is all said and done. "Good rules over evil always, it must"..

He's done it again. Another FU to America by Biden.

Just one thing after another that he has been doing for going on 14 months now. And with Harris then Pelosi in the wings this will continue. There won't be much left by January 20, 2025.

A company hoping to mine critical minerals needed for green technology is in limbo after the Biden administration canceled two leases

"We will challenge this attempt to stop our project and defend our valid existing mineral rights. We expect to prevail," the company said in a statement to Fox News. "This is not about law; this is a political action intended to stop the Twin Metals project without conducting the environmental review prescribed in law.
"We have proposed a world-class underground copper, nickel, cobalt and platinum group metals mine that deserves to be evaluated through the established environmental review process. Our proposal, submitted more than two years ago to state and federal agencies, was the culmination of more than a decade of engineering, hydrogeological, environmental and engagement work that maximizes environmental protection.
"We are confident that a full environmental review will show that the science behind this modern mine will prove that we can advance this project safely under the highest of standards."
The mining leases were first issued in 1966 and rescinded by the Obama administration in 2016. The Trump administration then reinstated the leases in 2017 and renewed them in 2018 and 2019. The Department of Interior wrote in January that the Trump administration violated Bureau of Land Management regulations and did not prepare an adequate analysis of the renewal.

dramaqn.jpg

This is close to the boundary waters. As long as the mine is nowhere close to any of those lakes....

Forum List

Back