Dollar Tree - "Now Hiring Minors"

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
89ee526ce789f9aa8a75dba2db6f2c06b2bb9f37390e4dabf49f63801cbc46fc_1.jpg

Maybe there IS something to this "employee shortage" I keep hearing about!!!

I saw this sign on my local Dollar Tree front door this past weekend. At first I thought it was a joke, that some idiot had placed it there for a prank. But after reading it, no.........it's legit.

Apparently they are so hard up for employees, they are now hiring the underaged.

This could be a blessing in disguise. Getting kids into jobs, and away from the gaming consoles, off the internet, off the couch, and into something that can teach them a basic skill.

Having a job is a bitch, but it feels good when you see that paycheck.................until you are out on your own and have to use that paycheck to pay bills. Ugh.

In Texas, a kid can get a job as young as 14 years old, if they have state approved documentation from the parents that their kid is allowed to work a job. Of course, they can only work part time until they are 17. But it's better than sitting around and letting their brains rot in front of the Xbox, TV, or pc monitor!!!

Big deal

I started working when I was 16
I started getting a real paycheck at 14 working at the local Tastee-Freeze, well really 13 when I started but I turned 14 a week later before I got my first paycheck....I was never without a job.

I took one Summer "off" when I was 16 but even then I would catch night-crawlers, mad-toms, and hellgrammites and sell them to the local bait shops and made bank (for a teen) doing it.

LOL.....I made more money doing that than I did at a real job. Enough in fact to buy my first CJ2A (Jeep).....Life was good. :)

Pretty much all the store/fast food jobs back then were done by a never-ending string of "minors" with a cadre of "old-heads" showing them what to do.

I saw this sign on my local Dollar Tree front door this past weekend. At first I thought it was a joke, that some idiot had placed it there for a prank. But after reading it, no.........it's legit.

Apparently they are so hard up for employees, they are now hiring the underaged.

This could be a blessing in disguise. Getting kids into jobs, and away from the gaming consoles, off the internet, off the couch, and into something that can teach them a basic skill.

Having a job is a bitch, but it feels good when you see that paycheck.................until you are out on your own and have to use that paycheck to pay bills. Ugh.

In Texas, a kid can get a job as young as 14 years old, if they have state approved documentation from the parents that their kid is allowed to work a job. Of course, they can only work part time until they are 17. But it's better than sitting around and letting their brains rot in front of the Xbox, TV, or pc monitor!!!

Dollar Tree doesn't want to pay good wages so with the labor shortage, nobody wants to work retail for minimum wage.

So they're scrapping the bottom of the barrel so to speak.

Even 16 and up need to work for a living, I did when I was 14.

Every supermarket in the country hires minors

Dollar Tree doesn't want to pay good wages so with the labor shortage, nobody wants to work retail for minimum wage.

So they're scrapping the bottom of the barrel so to speak.
Working at Dollar Tree is not Rocket Science

Big deal

I started working when I was 16
And with massive, rampant inflation, all children will soon need to work to survive

Oh, and the money Biden is giving people for their kids will have to be paid back in next years taxes

LMAO!!!!

And with massive, rampant inflation, all children will soon need to work to survive

And they will have to work at a minimum wage that hasn’t been raised in 12 years

you started working when you were 16 . stopped actually working and got a government job after you became an adult and have been a shovel leaning commie ever since .
I did outstanding work as a Government Employee

Forum List

Back