DOJ Requests Protective Order After Trump Threat Online

You weren't aware at the time that Trump was asking Pence to stop the certification of the election results after lost all court cases? I was. The fact that you don't think that's impeachable very much is a you problem. Trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power is one of the gravest offences a president can make in my book.

That's the end goal of a legit investigation into corruption is it not? You can't both claim you think it's possible Trump wanted simply to investigate corruption while at the same time trying to somehow claim normal judicial procedure is unnecessary.

There is no due process in an impeachment. Impeachment is a political process not a judicial one. The process is basically whatever the legislative branch says it is. Apples and oranges.

Hunter Biden. If the whole idea was to investigate corruption as you were claiming.

BS. The name Biden carries value all by itself, granting legitimacy. You should be aware of that since most of the things that have the Trump name on it aren't owned by Trump simply his name.

That form is literally a standard form that the FBI uses when they receive a tip. Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can make accusations. You on the other hand stated the accusation as fact.

Oh really? It doesn't? You don't think it relevant that the person accusing Biden is choosing Russia over America?

As for your investigation. Reade: 'I didn't use sexual harassment' in Biden complaint
There are at least 3 different versions of the events. There's the original complaint. Where it's not described as sexual assault. There's the 2019 account where the rubbing of her arm and neck is described as sexual assault. And then there's the 2020 version of events in which Biden pushed her against a wall and penetrated her. This on top of other verifiable lies she's told and her defection to Russia and personal relationship with Butina. I will not guess on what happened since she doesn't seem too able to get her story straight but the best you can say that it's a accusation.

Sure, you can. I hold Hitler responsible for the Holocaust. He might have called for " a final solution" but he can't use using a euphemism as a get out of jail free card. I can hold a person responsible for yelling fire in a movie theater if the ensuing panic hurts people. I can hold Trump responsible for an insurrection if the reason for that insurrection can be directly traced to him lying about the election and calling his supporters to pressure Mike Pence.

I support a constitutional amendment for completely getting rid of the electoral college. Since I find the whole system as unfair. I'd like nothing more than the person winning the most votes in the nation also winning the presidency. This however requires a constitutional amendment.

Sure it is. He instead made a proactive statement pushing the blame for the insurrection on Pence as he was being attacked.

Yet you had no compunction in calling MY ARGUMENT hypocritical.

We've been going back and forth quite a bit and this is my main takeaway. In order to defend your position of preferring Trump over any Democrat. You rely on several fallacious arguments.

The first and main one being the appeal to hypocrisy. Trying to claim that if you establish that Democrats make the same amoral choices your choice becomes moral.

Then of course your next problem is that Trump has made some indefensible and even criminal choices. You get around that by the next fallacy. The false equivalency. You claim that something somehow is sorta, kinda similar, you can claim it's the same. Trump keeps and hides documents. Well, no problem. Joe kept documents so it's alright. Failing to mention that he found them himself and turned them in immediately upon finding them.
Trump was found to have sexually assaulted someone. That's alright there's this person that accused Joe of the same. Trump was corrupt. No problem we have this government form that has an accusation on it.

And finally, the strawman. Trump has done stuff that's indefensible. But some hypothetical lefty will defend Biden in the same way, so you can't be judged for it.

You weren't aware at the time that Trump was asking Pence to stop the certification of the election results after lost all court cases?

All based on the Eastman memo.

That's the end goal of a legit investigation into corruption is it not?

Yeah, but the due process is in reference to prosecution, not the investigation part. The investigation part is just trying to gather evidence for the trial part.

There is no due process in an impeachment. Impeachment is a political process not a judicial one

So, you’re saying that the president has no rights in the impeachment process?

The process is basically whatever the legislative branch says it is

This would seem to answer my first question. I’m glad you said that though, just in case impeachment ever comes bidens way…the Republican house can just…do whatever they want..

Hunter Biden.

Why would they extradite hunter? He already lives in the US and as far as I’m aware, never lived in Ukraine.

The name Biden carries value all by itself, granting legitimacy.

So, you’re saying that burisma wanted nothing from Biden, they just paid all that money just to simply have the Biden name attached to the company? Really? And hunter was like “oh hey, this oil and gas company on the other side of the world, in a corrupt country just wants to hand me millions of dollars for the family name!”? Thats what you’d have us believe?

You don't think it relevant that the person accusing Biden is choosing Russia over America?

Considering she said she felt she was unsafe in America after her accusations, it isn’t as you say it is.

Christine ford also had memory problems…but you all stood behind her, steadfast.

Sure, you can. I hold Hitler responsible for the Holocaust. He might have called for " a final solution" but he can't use using a euphemism as a get out of jail free card. I can hold a person responsible for yelling fire in a movie theater if the ensuing panic hurts people. I can hold Trump responsible for an insurrection if the reason for that insurrection can be directly traced to him lying about the election and calling his supporters to pressure Mike Pence.

Wow, those aren’t even remotely the same. However, there is good news here. I’ve changed my mind on the incitement issue. I’m now on your side on this, and waiting, eagerly, for the left to start holding their own accountable for their words of incitement.

I support a constitutional amendment for completely getting rid of the electoral college. Since I find the whole system as unfair. I'd like nothing more than the person winning the most votes in the nation also winning the presidency. This however requires a constitutional amendment.

That’s great, but it doesn’t answer my question. Do you support the national popular vote compact? 18 states have signed on to this, and as of yet,have not dissolved the compact…so it’s technically still active, although illegal.

The way it’s set up,it has the potential to disenfranchise voters in those states, and I’ve yet to see any democrat speak out against it. I’ve asked the question several times here on usmb and nobody ever answers it.

As to the rest of your post, you got it all wrong. I’m not making excuses for trump, as you suggest. Im simply bringing to light that the left is oh so keen on pointing the finger at trump, but seems to just completely ignore the stuff they do (and yes, this goes both ways, and the left love to point it out).

I’ll readily admit, and have done so numerous times, that the right is just as guilty on a lot of things, I don’t see that from the lefty’s here.

Forum List

Back