Dog on the Balcony

Thank you BDBoop!

Update: I've still been keeping an eye on him. They have never called me and said they'd sell him to me. They actually like him. I hope that my visit made them think more about his needs.

I have been in contact with the Executive Director of our local SPCA. So if it were to get really bad I have her support. If it's really bad, such as him being left out in the snow (when it comes) and having no shelter, I will definitely call both the SPCA and our local Animal Care and Control to do a welfare check.

Some postive notes: on two occasions I've walked by and their pickup truck is gone and Beau is not out on the balcony. They may have put him inside when they left, but I think they go somewhere and take him with them. Hopefully a dog park!

Last night I walked by with my dogs and the guy was standing out on his front step smoking a cigarette. I said "hi." I should've asked "How's Beau?" but I also don't want to make them think I'm judging them. I told him I was afraid of running into a moose and he said "I think you've got enough protection there!" (I'm walking five dogs). Anyway, his dog was not on the balcony. I think the dog was actually inside the apartment! Which is good. I think they're allowing him to sleep in the apartment but put him outside for fresh air and maybe it's too hot in the apartment for him.

I'll keep an eye out and won't hesitate to take action if the dog is clearly abused. But I think they care for him. I hope they hurry up and buy their house with a yard!

I checked on the dog several times today. At 3:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7:15 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. He was out on the tiny balcony every time. I went back and took a picture. Will upload it and show you when I have more time.

I think tomorrow I am going to make an anonymous call to our Animal Control and see how they would handle something like this. Will also call the local SPCA and Humane Societies.

I can tell you the dog must be provided with a shelter from the weather, if the balcony doesn't have a roof and walls the dude can get a big fine. can you see food and water?

I checked on the dog several times today. At 3:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7:15 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. He was out on the tiny balcony every time. I went back and took a picture. Will upload it and show you when I have more time.

I think tomorrow I am going to make an anonymous call to our Animal Control and see how they would handle something like this. Will also call the local SPCA and Humane Societies.

I can tell you the dog must be provided with a shelter from the weather, if the balcony doesn't have a roof and walls the dude can get a big fine. can you see food and water?

I have tried to look and see if there are water and food bowls out there. I can't see any.

There is a partial roof, but nothing to keep snow from getting in there. We haven't had any snow yet, I'll have to check on him when the snow falls and see if he's out there.

They may bring him into their apartment more often than I realize. It's possible that he gets too warm in the apartment and actually wants to go out there.

At least I know they're not abusing him on purpose. I feel somewhat comforted to know that they think "he's the best dog" they ever had.

Forum List

Back