Dog Lovers Thread

Yeah it is.
Those emergency vets really stick it to ya.
Those little fuckers better be glad we bought them.
A lot of people would say no way and hope for the best.

Yep. Know what you mean.

BluePearl is doing the surgery on my boy.

I had him into BluePearl for a limp late last year, too. That was a couple of thousand bucks. Guess it was just a sprain or something that time.

Then he got his rear end handed to him by a bee when he was messin around with it out by the flower beds.

His face was knotted up like he went a few rounds with Mike Tyson. That was like 400 bucks for basically a visit and a shot. Or something like that. I forget. That was at the regular vet, though.

Yep. Know what you mean.

BluePearl is doing the surgery on my boy.

I had him into BluePearl for a limp late last year, too. That was a couple of thousand bucks. Guess it was just a sprain or something that time.

Then he got his rear end handed to him by a bee when he was messin around with it out by the flower beds.

His face was knotted up like he went a few rounds with Mike Tyson. That was like 400 bucks for basically a visit and a shot. Or something like that. I forget. That was at the regular vet, though.

Yep,it's crazy what these vets charge these days.
To hell with being a human doc,be a vet where your customers cant say shit.

They know we're gonna pay it, man. They're just like kids, really.

Yep...
I'll never understand how someone can get a dog and chain it up in the backyard.
Why bother getting a dog if thats what you're going to do with it?
Dogs need attention,they're pack animals.
I couldnt tell you how many thousands of dollars we've spent on our dogs over my lifetime for vet bills.
I know I could buy a high end truck or car thats for certain.
Then you see people who cant feed themselves much less a dog.
Shit should be against the law!!

Yep...
I'll never understand how someone can get a dog and chain it up in the backyard.
Why bother getting a dog if thats what you're going to do with it?
Dogs need attention,they're pack animals.
I couldnt tell you how many thousands of dollars we've spent on our dogs over my lifetime for vet bills.
I know I could buy a high end truck or car thats for certain.
Then you see people who cant feed themselves much less a dog.
Shit should be against the law!!

I dropped my boy off this morning for surgery.

Just waiting for a call to come pick him up...

Reason #568 that I do not like cats...

Yeah...I've never been a cat fan myself.
The people we bought our weekend place from left us with over 20 cats.
The garage,the shop,and the barn all smelled like a giant litter box!! Not to mention they killed every native animal they could.
I ah....thinned the herd down to 2 cats and they grew fat on the rodents in the before mentioned places.
And the return of the wildlife was dramatic to say the least.
The old lady used to dump cat litter right off the front porch and God did it stink.

Yeah...I've never been a cat fan myself.
The people we bought our weekend place from left us with over 20 cats.
The garage,the shop,and the barn all smelled like a giant litter box!! Not to mention they killed every native animal they could.
I ah....thinned the herd down to 2 cats and they grew fat on the rodents in the before mentioned places.
And the return of the wildlife was dramatic to say the least.
The old lady used to dump cat litter right off the front porch and God did it stink.

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that before. Heh heh. We've got a cat hoarder around here who feeds all of the strays. And the same scenario, they're killing off all of the natural wildlife. Really pisses me off. I used to go out in the morning and watch the birds on my feeders, but now i have cats jumping out of trees at em.

The rabbits are pretty much obliterated. My yard used to be full of em. They kept my black-eyed susans pruned nicely.

Tearing up my cars. My flower beds are full of their crap.

Oh, I've got plans for them. Yes indeed...

Last edited:
Good luck!!
I hope everything comes out all right.
I hate leaving my dogs at the vet,it's gotta be traumatizing for them.

Thanks! He did alright.

She had to remove a pretty large vein from his leg and a nerve, though, while she was in there as they were infused into the giant mass.

She said it was a pretty gnarly looking mass but scooped it right out aside from the other stuff.

He's pretty doped up right now. Will be for the next week or so wit hall of the drugs she prescribed him. He's knocked.

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that before. Heh heh. We've got a cat hoarder around here who feeds all of the strays. And the same scenario, they're killing off all of the natural wildlife. Really pisses me off. I used to go out in the morning and watch the birds on my feeders, but now i have cats jumping out of trees at em.

Tearing up my cars. my flower beds are full of their crap.

Oh, I've got plans for them. Yes indeed...

Have you tried putting mouse traps in your flower beds?
After awhile you dont even need to set them.
At our weekend place you could deal with them as you saw fit because it was in the boonies.
I had people here telling me I should have trapped them and took em to an animal shelter. The closest animal shelter was over 50 miles away and I'll be damned If I'm going to spend that much money on enough humane traps. I had two traps already but I'm not going to make ten trips to the shelter.
So I dealt with them the way I saw fit.

Have you tried putting mouse traps in your flower beds?
After awhile you dont even need to set them.

I ended up using the seed pods from sweet gum ball trees for mulch.

Takes a lot of em but they last a few years and the cats won't go on em.

il_fullxfull.2289177285_851b.jpg

But that still doesn't solve the problem of using my cars for a jungle gym. And killing off the willdlife for sport.

I had people here telling me I should have trapped them and took em to an animal shelter. The closest animal shelter was over 50 miles away and I'll be damned If I'm going to spend that much money on enough humane traps. I had two traps already but I'm not going to make ten trips to the shelter.
So I dealt with them the way I saw fit.

Exactly!

Last edited:
The bandage and the boot came off a few days ago...

IMG_6921.jpg

IMG_7106.jpg

She ended up having to also remove a vein and a nerve since they were too embedded into the mass being removed.

He has a bit of a club foot that seems to be starting to very, very gradually come down. I soak it in epsom salt and warm water a couple of times a day. Starting to feel some bone in his foot now when I'm massaging the empsom into it. It was swollen quite a bit and had a lot of pressure. Dunno if it was the wrap and the boot or the smaller veins trying to work to assume the role of the larger vein she removed. Or maybe a little bit of both...

IMG_7112.jpg

We went for a cruise afterward...

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

This is what it looked like before...

IMG_6796.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back