Does Obama ever work at the White House???

Is this thread still here??

Don't you realize how petty and superficial it makes you look? Listen Wingnuts, I know you think this stuff helps your cause, but most Americans look at these rants and say..

You want me to be like you???????

Seriously? Bush had more vacation time than just about any president except maybe Reagan.

Lotta nerve asking this question. :lol:

I'm sure you would think that when the media kept showing the same video of his father power boating away or Bush Jr. playing golf. How could you not assme that.

Course now we know different.
Looks like you're the victim of a hoax.

do you have a link that would back up that assertion or are we just to take it on faith because mudwhistle says he knows?

Ha, ha, ha.........

All you have to do is pay attention once in awhile.

But I'm just saying....

Is this thread still here??

Don't you realize how petty and superficial it makes you look? Listen Wingnuts, I know you think this stuff helps your cause, but most Americans look at these rants and say..

You want me to be like you???????

Oh, sure....it's petty when we say anything but when the libs do it we have to ignore the pettiness.

I think it makes republicans look petty and desperate to be worrying about shit like this.
Who fuckin' cares how much golf he plays? There's enough bullshit going on with this administration that golfing should be the last thing they concern themselves with.

Just an example of hypocrisy of the Dems when they come under the same spotlight.

But I'm just saying....

Fighting hypocrisy by being a hypocrite is a losing proposition though.

Bush Vacation Record-35%

• Number Of Visits To Camp David: 149, totaling 487 days.
• Number Of Visits To His Texas Ranch: 77, totaling 490 days.
• Number Of Visits To His Parents’ Home In Kennebunkport, Maine: 11, totaling 43 days.

1020 days=2.8 years

Give me a break!

When does the President not work? When does he even get a chance to take a piss without being on duty?

This kind of crap was ridiculous when they bitched that President Bush was on vacation early in his first term and it is ridiculous today.

Immie

I'm sure you would think that when the media kept showing the same video of his father power boating away or Bush Jr. playing golf. How could you not assme that.

do you have a link that would back up that assertion or are we just to take it on faith because mudwhistle says he knows?

Ha, ha, ha.........

All you have to do is pay attention once in awhile.

But I'm just saying....

I'm just sayin'....

disprove post #45 or stfu.

and dubya spent more time cutting brush in the summer of '01 than Obama has spent or will spend for the rest of his life.

your point?

you really think that a president has to be skitting behind the desk in the oval office to be working?

Hmmm.........now sure but with the poll #'s falling like a stone in water, he might want to think about actually having some photos taken of him IN the Oval Office. The milllions who have recently lost their jobs are probably not too into the daily golf routine!!:eusa_whistle:

Did I hear that he has played golf 128 times since he took office. He has been in office 10 months, that means he has played golf 12 times a month you divide that by 4 weeks in a month and he has played golf three times a week, then with the basketball and the traveling all over the world on Air Force One for anything and everything. Hell, no wonder he hasn't gotten anything done, he is on a continual paid vacation living it up on tax payer dollars. I need to get a job like that.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I say again:

Bush took more vacation days than any president in history...discuss!

Hmmm.........now sure but with the poll #'s falling like a stone in water, he might want to think about actually having some photos taken of him IN the Oval Office. The milllions who have recently lost their jobs are probably not too into the daily golf routine!!:eusa_whistle:

Did I hear that he has played golf 128 times since he took office. He has been in office 10 months, that means he has played golf 12 times a month you divide that by 4 weeks in a month and he has played golf three times a week, then with the basketball and the traveling all over the world on Air Force One for anything and everything. Hell, no wonder he hasn't gotten anything done, he is on a continual paid vacation living it up on tax payer dollars. I need to get a job like that.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I say again:

For recent historical comparison:

Reagan- 335 days in California.

Bush Sr.-543 days(one term)

Carter-79 days(one term)

Clinton-152 days

Last edited:

I say again:

Again discuss, you leftist partisan asshole... THE PRES REALLY HAS NO VACATION DAYS... whether the President is at the white house, camp david, some foreign trip, a trip home, etc it is not like the President is leaving the job behind (though many of us would wish Obama would leave the job behind)

I say again:

Carter-79 days(one term)

Clinton-152 days

It is common knowledge that Democrats work harder than republicans.

Thats how you get republican wing-nuts whining that Obama played golf three times a month and say "Well you complained about Bush being on vacation....so this makes us even"

After the Katrina debacle, nobody can ever equal Bush for vacation abuse

Again discuss, you leftist partisan asshole... THE PRES REALLY HAS NO VACATION DAYS... whether the President is at the white house, camp david, some foreign trip, a trip home, etc it is not like the President is leaving the job behind

exactly... and Obama can negotiate, influence, discuss, guide, formulate, contemplate AND hit his six iron with accuracy all in the same afternoon!

it's a pity that Dubya could not...it is a pity that he chose playing golf and cutting brush as things he did in lieu of addressing the fact that Al Qaeda was determined to strike within the United States.

Again discuss, you leftist partisan asshole... THE PRES REALLY HAS NO VACATION DAYS... whether the President is at the white house, camp david, some foreign trip, a trip home, etc it is not like the President is leaving the job behind

exactly... and Obama can negotiate, influence, discuss, guide, formulate, contemplate AND hit his six iron with accuracy all in the same afternoon!

it's a pity that Dubya could not...it is a pity that he chose playing golf and cutting brush as things he did in lieu of addressing the fact that Al Qaeda was determined to strike within the United States.
:)

This is off topic, but the subject reminded me of Bush and his "brush cutting."
In looking up the stats for previous presidents vacation days, I saw some old articles (well before W was ever elected) about how Reagan like to clear brush at his ranch. Seems to be a manly cowboy thing, this brush clearing. lol.

Anyway, the articles talked a lot about Reagan and his horses. The Cowboy image.
So often they attempted to brand bush as this cowboy. You know what's funny?

Ever see a picture of Bush on a horse? Nope. None. The man is afraid of horses.
I just think it's funny. All cowhat, no horse.

What a pussy. A lazy pussy at that. :lol:

Ok, done. Back to topic.

I say again:

Carter-79 days(one term)

Clinton-152 days

It is common knowledge that Democrats work harder than republicans.

Thats how you get republican wing-nuts whining that Obama played golf three times a month and say "Well you complained about Bush being on vacation....so this makes us even"

After the Katrina debacle, nobody can ever equal Bush for vacation abuse

You do mean the Katrina debacle that caused thousands of people to wallow in their own shit because the dem governor and mayor didn't have a plan in place. That is the debacle you are talking about, eh?

And I guess those terrorists who rammed those planes full of our fellow citizens into 3buildings and an empty field entered this country, rented apartments, enrolled in flight school, accepted wire monetary transfers, roamed freely, completed flight school, and finalized the plans all on Clintons watch while he was spending those 152 days on vacation, or was receiving BJ'S from a fat, ignorant, liberal slut on company time and the taxpayers dime.

Christ, liberals are friggin' idiots!:cuckoo:

I don't think he works. Obama shows up in the Oval office at 9 a.m. Leaves immediately--after Immaual delegates Obama's job duties to the likes of Nancy Pelosi--heads wherever else & is constantly on the campaign trail. His main gift? He can give a perfectly pronounced speech read from a teleprompter--that someone else programs in for him.

If I ever saw him without his suit jacket on & his sleeves rolled up & actually "working"-- I would fall out of my chair--:lol::lol:

View attachment 8520

you got it wrong Oreo.....Pelosi does the delegating...if you dont believe me....just ask her...

The WHite House has always been considered a place NOT to campaign from.

Thus Obama is out of the white house a lot more than he is in it.

and dubya spent more time cutting brush in the summer of '01 than Obama has spent or will spend for the rest of his life.

your point?

you really think that a president has to be skitting behind the desk in the oval office to be working?

MOST of us.....have to work a year before you can take some time off for good behavior.....

refresh my memory... were you bitching when dubya flew off to Crawford in August of '01 for damned near a month straight?

Obama plays a round of golf once in a while... and if you don't think he gets work done on the golf course, you're delusional.

yea i was....like i said...MOST of us peons have to work a year to get 1-2 weeks off....is your memory refreshed?....

Seriously? Bush had more vacation time than just about any president except maybe Reagan.

Lotta nerve asking this question. :lol:

heres a thing i picked up......

While the president of the United States is never completely on vacation, most commanders-in-chief manage to enjoy a respite from the daily grind during their stay the White House. George W. Bush seems to have taken this to the extreme early in his tenure as president. A humorous, fake resume for Bush suggests that he set the record for most days on vacation by any president in U.S. history -- a bit of an exaggeration, but still cause for some teasing.
According to an August 2003 article in the Washington Post, President Bush has spent all or part of 166 days during his presidency at his Crawford, Texas, ranch or en route. Add the time spent at or en route to the presidential retreat of Camp David and at the Bush family estate in Kennebunkport, Maine, and Bush has taken 250 days off as of August 2003. That's 27% of his presidency spent on vacation. Although to be fair, much of this time is classified as a "working vacation."

Bush isn't the first president to get away from his work. George Bush Sr. took all or part of 543 vacation days at Camp David and in Kennebunkport. Ronald Reagan spent 335 days at or en route to his Santa Barbara, California, ranch during his eight years in office. Of recent presidents, Jimmy Carter took the least days off -- only 79 days, which he usually spent at his home in Georgia. That's less than three weeks a year, which is closer to the average American's paid time off of 13 days per year.

What about Clinton? As of December 1999, President Bill Clinton had spent only 152 days on holiday during his two terms, according to CBS News. A former staffer noted Clinton was such a workaholic that "it almost killed Clinton to take one-week vacations during August." In 2000, Clinton cut his summer vacation short to just three days, so he and his wife could concentrate on her Senate race and fundraising for Democrats. While we couldn't find the exact tally for Clinton's last year in office, it's reasonable to expect he didn't increase his vacation rate. And in barely three years in office, George W. Bush has already taken more vacation than Clinton did in seven years.

Forum List

Back