Does management here agree that the term "faggot"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...is a bigoted, offensive pejorative that has no place on this forum? Or is it permissible to use here? Thanks in advance.

Is it worse than any other name used here such as libtard, trumpanze, dotard, orange assclown, racist, white bitch, white trash? Why is faggott more bigoted or offensive?

Its use implies that there is something wrong with homosexuality and that the one being ridiculed, as well as an entire class of people, are seemingly subhuman. It doesn't belong in polite company. Would you say "Look at that faggot!" to a room full of your co-workers or at the supermarket? It's a disparaging, hateful term and it should not be used. By the way, I'm a white, heterosexual, conservative Christian.
You read a lot into that... You trying to tell us something about yourself?

Yea. I'm not a bigot.
There are a whole host of no-no words that are now filtered by the software. From my understanding these decisions are made by the admins. It seems inconsistently silly that the c-word and n-word are blocked, but faggot is not. I don’t care either way b/c I don’t get offended by what internet randoms type on messages boards.

I've been reprimanded here for calling someone a "kunt" but I would never call someone a "faggot". Calling someone the "c" word impunes one individual whereas calling someone a "faggot" impunes an entire class of people.
No, actually calling someone a "c" does impugn an entire group of people. Women.

That "c" word is also used to imply that someone is a coward so, no, it does not impugn women.

Anyone want to tell me why this thread isn't overrun by posters screaming about the authoritarian squelching of free speech here? About their god given right to express themselves anyway they like?

This is zone 1. Must..be..good..cannot...speak..mind..here.

...is a bigoted, offensive pejorative that has no place on this forum? Or is it permissible to use here? Thanks in advance.

Is it worse than any other name used here such as libtard, trumpanze, dotard, orange assclown, racist, white bitch, white trash? Why is faggott more bigoted or offensive?

Its use implies that there is something wrong with homosexuality and that the one being ridiculed, as well as an entire class of people, are seemingly subhuman. It doesn't belong in polite company. Would you say "Look at that faggot!" to a room full of your co-workers or at the supermarket? It's a disparaging, hateful term and it should not be used. By the way, I'm a white, heterosexual, conservative Christian.

Yea. I'm not a bigot.
There are a whole host of no-no words that are now filtered by the software. From my understanding these decisions are made by the admins. It seems inconsistently silly that the c-word and n-word are blocked, but faggot is not. I don’t care either way b/c I don’t get offended by what internet randoms type on messages boards.

I've been reprimanded here for calling someone a "kunt" but I would never call someone a "faggot". Calling someone the "c" word impunes one individual whereas calling someone a "faggot" impunes an entire class of people.
No, actually calling someone a "c" does impugn an entire group of people. Women.

That "c" word is also used to imply that someone is a coward so, no, it does not impugn women.
Keep making excuses for being a bigot! Good job.

I dont think any of the moderators here are rump rangers or spend off time with male genitalia bouncing off of their chins so I seriously doub't they care about what any of the faggots here think.
Many I'd brt are jealous of what some of these dikes are eating tho.
kristanna-loken-people-in-tv-photo-u9

I've been a Republican all of my life. I've always voted Republican. But due to the increasing bigotry of those on the right, I am going to vote Democrat this November and thereafter. I no longer care to be associated with the plethora of bigots on the right. Some things are more important than borders and sound fiscal policy. Good riddance, conservatives.

Anyone want to tell me why this thread isn't overrun by posters screaming about the authoritarian squelching of free speech here? About their god given right to express themselves anyway they like?

Technically, one person's hate is no better than anyone else's. Attempts to pick sides as far as hate speech is concerned, propagates hate. The freedom to speak will never mean the desire to limit any one kind of speech as exercising freedom. Most often people don't care so much about hate speech, as they do about hate speech that targets them.

It is but one more of a hundred other colloquial slang words I grew up with that folks used to think nothing of or take seriously. It comes from the word "fag" which is like a subservient errand boy. When I was young, these words were tossed around as pure slang; now with the advent of internet social media, they have been elevated to "hate-language." Words are words and only carry as much weight as we give them. Words have now become just one more thing for people to fear, hate and cry over.

I've been a Republican all of my life. I've always voted Republican. But due to the increasing bigotry of those on the right, I am going to vote Democrat this November and thereafter. I no longer care to be associated with the plethora of bigots on the right. Some things are more important than borders and sound fiscal policy. Good riddance, conservatives.

Right (Er, ah, Left?). You certainly won't find any "bigots" within the ranks of the Democrats. I hear when you sign up to be a liberal, you sign a waiver saying that you promise to remain free and clear. o_O

Right (Er, ah, Left?). You certainly won't find any "bigots" within the ranks of the Democrats. I hear when you sign up to be a liberal, you sign a waiver saying that you promise to remain free and clear. o_O

I think they have successfully transformed the word "bigot" into hate speech. It means a person with intolerant views towards others with opposing opinions. Over time, they have managed to get the footnote added that suggests it applies to some more pertinent degree, if those intolerant views include race, sex, sexual orientation, age or whatever protected class.

Ahm, you're bigoted towards conservatives

Why does it imply something is wrong with homosexuality? Everyone knows there is something wrong with homosexuality. Tab A was intended to fit in Slot B. Inserting Tab A in hole C or D will not bring about the intended results.

Yeah, right! There are more bigots on the Democrat side of the fence by far.

"Its use implies that there is something wrong with homosexuality"

That is because there IS something wrong with homosexuality, it is against Human Nature which is man and woman not man and man or woman and woman, I am not Anti-Homos I have nothing against them it's their lifestyle is abnormal and destructive.

Next, homosexuals will be calling for the banning of another pejorative highly insulting word.........BUT

It'll NEVER end (oops..."end" will soon be on the hit list as well

This is a right wing forum.

Of course it's permissible.

V!agra is banned.

"Its use implies that there is something wrong with homosexuality"

That is because there IS something wrong with homosexuality, it is against Human Nature which is man and woman not man and man or woman and woman, I am not Anti-Homos I have nothing against them it's their lifestyle is abnormal and destructive.
Falling in love is abnormal and destructive?

That's why your kind is so very dangerous.

Yea. I'm not a bigot.

Welp, you're a bundle of sticks used to start a fire....... :eusa_whistle:

V!agra is banned.

As usual the board is pretty evenly divided but the alt-righters and you alt-lefters always claim it's not.
:rofl:
Oh and I bet you haven't a clue as to why V1agra is banned, do ya........

V!agra is banned.

As usual the board is pretty evenly divided but the alt-righters and you alt-lefters always claim it's not.
:rofl:
Oh and I bet you haven't a clue as to why V1agra is banned, do ya........
You're right. I don't.
My best guess would be because they don't want to promote a product?

The trouble is Republicans don't want birth control to be covered under insurance because they say it's a lifestyle choice.

But they want V!agra covered because they say it's a medical condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back