CDZ Does John Kerry deserve a Nobel Peace Prize?

Iran and six world powers Thursday agreed on "key parameters" for resolving a long-standing dispute over Iran's nuclear program, which has left the Islamic nation economically isolated.
"Today we have taken a decisive step. We have reached solutions on key parameters for a comprehensive future nuclear deal," said European Union Foreign Affairs Minister Federica Mogherini, in formally announcing the deal.
She said Iran would not produce weapons grade fuel and that international monitors will have enhanced access to Iran's nuclear facilities.
She also said that sanctions would be "terminated" but did not specify the timetable, which has been a key sticking point of the negotiations. Iran wants them lifted immediately, while the United States wants most of them in place until Iran follows through on terms of the deal.
President Obama called the deal an "historic understanding" that was "a long time coming."
Speaking in the White House Rose Garden, he said it "shuts down" Iran's path to a bomb using enriched uranium.

I am not sure anyone deserves a peace prize for this and I do think that we should wait and see what happens.

An agreement to extend time in order to make a final agreement is hardly reason to uncork the champagne.

That being said, most people are unaware that these negotiations have been going on for ten years, spanning the second half of President Bush's (43's) tenure as president and, until now, all of Pres. Obama's tenure. These talks have involved a number of countries, not just the USA and Iran.

But even if a deal is reached, we need to wait many years to see if it is actually going to be honored on all sides.

I am not too hopeful, knowing what a bad track record Iran has, but I think it is fair to say that Pres. Obama is giving it his best shot, in spite of lots of treachery within the US Senate (Republicans).

I am not sure anyone deserves a peace prize for this and I do think that we should wait and see what happens.

An agreement to extend time in order to make a final agreement is hardly reason to uncork the champagne.

That being said, most people are unaware that these negotiations have been going on for ten years, spanning the second half of President Bush's (43's) tenure as president and, until now, all of Pres. Obama's tenure. These talks have involved a number of countries, not just the USA and Iran.

But even if a deal is reached, we need to wait many years to see if it is actually going to be honored on all sides.

I am not too hopeful, knowing what a bad track record Iran has, but I think it is fair to say that Pres. Obama is giving it his best shot, in spite of lots of treachery within the US Senate (Republicans).

OH MY GOD!!
A reasonable response from someone.
This needs to be written down somewhere...
Of course you had to throw in some rhetorical statement before finishing the post - but damn - an honest, intelligent response... I am truly shocked.
I fully expected a circle jerk celebration thread to break out. That would be the usual response.

OH MY GOD!!
Of course you had to throw in some rhetorical statement before finishing the post - but damn - an honest, intelligent response... I am truly shocked.
I fully expected a circle jerk celebration thread to break out. That would be the usual response.

Are you aware that we are in the CDZ? Are you aware of the rules of the CDZ?

There is little question that John Kerry overcame attempts by the Republicans in the Senate to sabotage his peace efforts but he still built an international coalition to remove the threat of nuclear weapons in the region

OH MY GOD!!

I wasn't aware that giving someone a compliment was against CDZ rules???
I said...you made a reasonable response...intelligent response..I am truly surprised.

Maybe it's more about making Kerry President. Imbue him with a fake accomplishment and off ya go..watch rubes rally round ..see ya hiily Obama always hated you.

No, he doesn't deserve a Nobel Prize. It's a weak treaty at best and a future nuclear war in the Middle East at worst. Does any intelligent human being on the planet actually think Iran will honor any agreement when they have been lying and cheating their way to nuclear weapons capability for a decade now?

OH MY GOD!!

I wasn't aware that giving someone a compliment was against CDZ rules???
I said...you made a reasonable response...intelligent response..I am truly surprised.

Oh, thank you for the compliment part of it.

I recommend that we stay focused on the topic of the OP itself.

What I think would be good would be to see the actual complete framework, with specifics, when it comes out.

He deserves one about as much as Obama did. What they have done is given Iran the go ahead to destroy Israel. Let's watch this peace unfold like we watched their interference in Egypt unfold, in Syria unfold. The gullibility of Americans is remarkable. If we have learned anything by Obama's foreign policies is that we have learned nothing........

Maybe it's more about making Kerry President. Imbue him with a fake accomplishment and off ya go..watch rubes rally round ..see ya hiily Obama always hated you.

No question John Kerry will make a great President

He should have won in 2004

No, he doesn't deserve a Nobel Prize. It's a weak treaty at best and a future nuclear war in the Middle East at worst. Does any intelligent human being on the planet actually think Iran will honor any agreement when they have been lying and cheating their way to nuclear weapons capability for a decade now?

Without actually seeing it, how do you know it is weak?

Conservatives screamed about the Carter peace treaty brokered between Egypt and Israel and yet, it is still in effect to this day. In fact, it is the ONLY ME peace treaty that has held, even as the Muslim brotherhood took over Egypt.

Food for thought.

What do they have to gain by not honoring it?

What do they stand to gain by having economic sanctions lifted?

He deserves one about as much as Obama did. What they have done is given Iran the go ahead to destroy Israel. Let's watch this peace unfold like we watched their interference in Egypt unfold, in Syria unfold. The gullibility of Americans is remarkable. If we have learned anything by Obama's foreign policies is that we have learned nothing........

The problem with that kind of posturing is that you have no idea what is actually in the agreement, and it's not just about Pres. Obama. What part of "7 nations are in on this agreement" do you not understand?

Does John Kerry deserve a Nobel Peace Prize?
Well why NOT? He can encircle the phony nobel prize with his three phony purple hearts. One of which he earned for blowing up a bin of rice and failing to get far enough out of range before the rice pellets blew into his own ass.

Forum List

Back