Does Hillary's "Open Border" policy make any sense?

If Hillary opens the borders what happens to the US ?

• Jobs will become tougher to find and labor rates drop

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • If illegals can't find work they will resort to gang and drug violence

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Hillary doesn't care what happens as long as they vote democrat

• Hillary will be sure that the urban democrat plantation is maintained

• Illegal drugs will stream into the US across the southern border

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • I prefer to build the wall and keep the US safe

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
And we already know the bitch loves the FAILURE(consistently failed) of amnesty. INSANITY
70% of agricultural workers are undocumented. Think about it. Without them, we'll be in a lot of trouble. Amnesty makes sense.
Amnesty is PROVEN to incite more illegals. It is FACT. IDK how anyone could think it is the answer when history, EVERY TIME, tells you its not.
Here is an immigration plan I have pondered that actually helps our country and its citizens and not the politicians or the corporatists. If people ACTUALLY CARED, this is what immigration "reform" would like
It even defeats your cliché "70% of agricultural workers are undocumented. Think about it. Without them, we'll be in a lot of trouble". Which is nothing more than what the rich tell people to say.
GO after CAUSES. It is called "solving problems" :D
TNHarleys solution to the immigration problem
I don't disagree with your solution, TN, except that if we don't allow all those agricultural workers to stay and get on the tax rolls initially, we're going to be up the crick without a paddle. I don't know who tells us that 70% of agricultural workers are undocumented--rich farmers ? Never actually met one. I heard it on Fox News. I do not support illegal immigration in any shape or form, and amnesty needs to go hand in hand with closing our borders, somehow. I just worry about the price of food, which is high enough already. Agricultural work is so back breaking that a lot of people would starve or start stealing instead. You almost need to start as a kid to be able to do it.
Just being practical.
Practical isn't pro-longing a terrible problem. In fact, making it worse..
I never understood the inconsistency from that. If they got citizenship, that would mean they would have to work for minimum wage....
Why cant Americans just do it?
Try it. I couldn't do it, being a suburbs kid, the few times I tried it for extra cash. (Strawberries and wild blueberries).
But TN, if Americans are "just going to do it," won't they get minimum wage, too? Do we need a different pay scale for agricultural workers? Give them produce to take home or something as compensation? Maybe the country can't afford to eat so much anymore if we make the system legal. Might help with the obesity problem, though. And we do grow much more than we consume. A lot goes to waste before it ever hits the markets.

And we already know the bitch loves the FAILURE(consistently failed) of amnesty. INSANITY
70% of agricultural workers are undocumented. Think about it. Without them, we'll be in a lot of trouble. Amnesty makes sense.

Why amnesty? Why not do as we have done for many years now and bring them in during the harvest and send them back home after the harvest is complete?
We can and DO do that for the ones who are legal, who we know where they are. I've lived in farm country and some big farmers actually bus them from Honduras or wherever, and take them home after. They provide housing, bus them into town for shopping, etc. I don't think a lot of farmers can afford that, though.
If you can't make money, change professions.
That made no sense.
I am simply quoting what Globalists state all the time...
If you suck at your profession or can't make a profit, change professions.
What's so difficult to grasp?
All of a sudden, Americans can't get along without slaves?

Amnesty is PROVEN to incite more illegals. It is FACT. IDK how anyone could think it is the answer when history, EVERY TIME, tells you its not.
Here is an immigration plan I have pondered that actually helps our country and its citizens and not the politicians or the corporatists. If people ACTUALLY CARED, this is what immigration "reform" would like
It even defeats your cliché "70% of agricultural workers are undocumented. Think about it. Without them, we'll be in a lot of trouble". Which is nothing more than what the rich tell people to say.
I don't disagree with your solution, TN, except that if we don't allow all those agricultural workers to stay and get on the tax rolls initially, we're going to be up the crick without a paddle. I don't know who tells us that 70% of agricultural workers are undocumented--rich farmers ? Never actually met one. I heard it on Fox News. I do not support illegal immigration in any shape or form, and amnesty needs to go hand in hand with closing our borders, somehow. I just worry about the price of food, which is high enough already. Agricultural work is so back breaking that a lot of people would starve or start stealing instead. You almost need to start as a kid to be able to do it.
Just being practical.
I never understood the inconsistency from that. If they got citizenship, that would mean they would have to work for minimum wage....
Try it. I couldn't do it, being a suburbs kid, the few times I tried it for extra cash. (Strawberries and wild blueberries).
But TN, if Americans are "just going to do it," won't they get minimum wage, too? Do we need a different pay scale for agricultural workers? Give them produce to take home or something as compensation? Maybe the country can't afford to eat so much anymore if we make the system legal. Might help with the obesity problem, though. And we do grow much more than we consume. A lot goes to waste before it ever hits the markets.
Most farms are owner by large Corporations.
Directors and CEOs like LARGE bonuses.

Why don't you go ask Germany, how this voter importation will work out for the people?

Just being practical.

The whole thing sucks. I see oranges, bananas, apples, etc, pile so high at Walmart but they won't cut the price. They claim the laws won't allow them to give the surplus and bruised fruits to the publics so they end up throwing it out. It's a real shame how much we waste that would help those on Social Security and limited incomes.

Just being practical.
minimum wage = higher costs. So either way, cost goes up. Either that, or they get benefits and still get paid under the table meaning no taxes except consumption..thats the inconsistency

Just being practical.
Most farms are owner by large Corporations.
Directors and CEOs like LARGE bonuses.

Most farms in my locale are owned by private individuals. Many are around 300 or so acres. The farmers appear to be doing pretty well though judging from the equipment they have and the homes they live in.

Now think about Hillary's new open border policy and how that will affect the labor market.
What "new open border policy" is that? Can you supply a link to "Hillary's new open border policy"?

Just use google...there are tons of references
Hillary’s open borders ‘dream’ is a nightmare for workers | New York Post
You mean tons of bullshit partisan sites. She doesn't have an open borders policy, you smacked ass.

Hillary Clinton on immigration reform

• Introduce comprehensive immigration reform. Hillary will introduce comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to full and equal citizenship within her first 100 days in office. It will treat every person with dignity, fix the family visa backlog, uphold the rule of law, protect our borders and national security, and bring millions of hardworking people into the formal economy.

Just being practical.

The whole thing sucks. I see oranges, bananas, apples, etc, pile so high at Walmart but they won't cut the price. They claim the laws won't allow them to give the surplus and bruised fruits to the publics so they end up throwing it out. It's a real shame how much we waste that would help those on Social Security and limited incomes.
In Maine we've engineered partnerships between large farms and food banks, so "imperfect" produce can go straight to food banks and soup kitchens around the state, and our grocery stores bring their last day bakery and dairy products to the senior citizen and low income housing projects. It's particularly helpful for folks on a tight budget to get fresh produce, since that's too expensive for a lot of people to buy. Your state (or Walmart's marketing policies) should change so all that good food doesn't go to waste.
I worked a second job at a donut shop once, and we closed at midnight. The donuts left over got thrown in the trash. We had offered them to the local soup kitchen and shelter, but they wouldn't send anyone to collect them. It always seemed obscene to throw it away--sometimes boxed some up and took them to my day job. But so much food is wasted, and I think sometimes "the law" is an excuse for being lazy.

OP- Open trade and investment in training and free community college to ready workers for good jobs produced by new markets make a lot more sense than a tax cut for the bloated rich and the usual GOP BS that's slowly ruined the country over the last 35 years...see sig pp1.

OP- Open trade and investment in training and free community college to ready workers for good jobs produced by new markets make a lot more sense than a tax cut for the bloated rich and the usual GOP BS that's slowly ruined the country over the last 35 years...see sig pp1.

1. Open Trade needs to be "fair trade" or the US products, with all of the (labor, union, environmental, safety, Obamacare, etc.) regulations simply make US products uncompetitive, and the factories and jobs move overseas.
2. Investment in training, at the Community College level makes sense if looking at the German model to train for current labor needs (mechanics, programmers, machinists, etc.), not for non-existing jobs, like art-history majors.
3. Agree that tax cuts for the wealthy don't make sense, but if we add a "transaction tax" for stock & options & derivative & bond trades that would raise tax revenue while only punishing the high-frequency traders, who steal our 401K investments. No transaction tax on investments held over 1-year. Think of other "taxes" that promote investment capital where new US jobs could be produced. Can tariffs be a good thing?

Forum List

Back