Does arguing online achieve anything?

1633227695223.png

You're missing the existentially irrelevant nature of the delusionally erratic essence integrated intriguingly into the complex and hypnotically convoluted interactions of the threads.

Now!....... Which mushroom do you want to try?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I mostly come online to see what people feel about the issues. Or to see if they are talking about something I have read elsewhere.

I will argue or discuss things in small doses depending on my mood. But changing minds is not on my list of objectives.
Thank you. For me reading online arguments is an addiction.

I agree. The majority of pointless trolls and socks I have on ignore too. Saves time weeding through the obvious propaganda. I leave a few off just to see what talking points they come up with…but since they all spout the same bs …off to ignore most of them go. :)

Discussions have sent me searching for other sources and sometimes those send me down a rabbit hole of research. For instance, when the grid issues in Texas happened this year, I already knew a ton about the basics of grid operations because I went down that hole a few years ago when looking at the issues alternative energy present to grid stability and the hows and whys of Germany's free energy being some of the most expensive in the world. That was prompted I think from an argument I was having with someone online about how wrong-headed our current path is to try to force the changeover instead of letting the market sort it out as technology is developed and becomes more cheaper over time.

Oh I feel a lot better when I anger people by insulting them with adjectives that have no bearing on the conversation...
I so truly enjoy belittling others in order to feel better about my illogical conclusions based on things that politicians have lied about to people.
I liked insulting people on Twitter until I almost found a stalker.

Discussions have sent me searching for other sources and sometimes those send me down a rabbit hole of research. For instance, when the grid issues in Texas happened this year, I already knew a ton about the basics of grid operations because I went down that hole a few years ago when looking at the issues alternative energy present to grid stability and the hows and whys of Germany's free energy being some of the most expensive in the world. That was prompted I think from an argument I was having with someone online about how wrong-headed our current path is to try to force the changeover instead of letting the market sort it out as technology is developed and becomes more cheaper over time.
There have always been some very knowledgeable posters on this board that are great at debate and have posted things that have made me research certain topics as well. Probably why I tend to read more than post.

Yeah. You have to be careful. You never know what offhand comment will trigger people into cyber stalking. Doesnt even have to be an argument or insult. Some people just get off on it.
Hopefully this forum is safer then Twitter.

Mostly nothing. Most people including me have very small audience. Most of us have influenced few people.

But a Social Media addict, like an alcoholic can not break his/her habit.
Even if the size of the group that you influence isn't all that huge, the group does consist people at all and not other things like dogs or cats.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, its only arguing when people decide to go as far as they are allowed to go. Would I consider myself to be a member of such a group? No.

Even if the size of the group that you influence isn't all that huge, the group does consist people at all and not other things like dogs or cats.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, its only arguing when people decide to go as far as they are allowed to go. Would I consider myself to be a member of such a group? No.
G-d bless you!

Influencing few people may mean expanding a lot of energy for nothing.

G-d bless you!

Influencing few people may mean expanding a lot of energy for nothing.
I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day, even if your group only consists of one person, I wouldn't say that your energy has been for nothing because that one person is still a person. Also if wanting a bigger group only means having to acknowledge things that you truly do not believe in, that right there is another thing to consider. Watering down a bottle of wine may serve more people, but then the drink its self may not be as good as it used to be before such a thing was done to it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back