Does Anyone Know Why A Mosque Is Still On The Temple Mount?

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
You can see the Golden dome of a Muslim place of worship from miles away, but I bet very few know why Israelis allow it to remain on the holiest place in Israel. It's like allowing a mosque to be built at Ground Zero, or even worse a Star of David at Mecca.

Why do they tolerate such a thing if the Jews are so evil?

You can see the Golden dome of a Muslim place of worship from miles away, but I bet very few know why Israelis allow it to remain on the holiest place in Israel. It's like allowing a mosque to be built at Ground Zero, or even worse a Star of David at Mecca.

Always good when post #1 of a thread involves the pulling of the victim card.

Jews aren't evil, and I've never seen anyone on this board say they are.

Not true. However this is not a forum many Muslims visit.

I have seen it insinuated a few times. I won't name names.

But do you know why it is allowed to remain?

The Israelis are more tolerant than their Arab counter parts.

What does that mean "allows" to remain?
It stands there for centuries, try to sack it.

Not true. However this is not a forum many Muslims visit.

I have seen it insinuated a few times. I won't name names.

But do you know why it is allowed to remain?

Not sure, my best guess is that since 1/4 of Israeli's are muslim that the gov't doesn't want to make them angry.

What does that mean "allows" to remain?
It stands there for centuries, try to sack it.

It is allowed to remain because the Israelis could have removed it long ago if they wanted, like how the Taliban blew up those statues of Buddha. If there was a Jewish holy site in Iraq or Pakistan, it would have been torched to the ground.

Pieces of a new temple are supposedly in storage waiting for the go ahead to rebuild it.

Why not do it?

Why even wait?

What is Hamas or anyone else gonna do to them that already hasn't been done?

I agreed with the Taliban blowing up the statues of Buddha in Afghanistan.

There was not one single Buddhist person who lived in Afghanistan.

The statues were idols and deflied the Muslim country.

I agreed with the Taliban blowing up the statues of Buddha in Afghanistan.

There was not one single Buddhist person who lived in Afghanistan.

The statues were idols and deflied the Muslim country.

How do you know if there were not an Buddhists there? and even if there were not, with that logic the Israelis have all the right in the world to remove the dome.

During the time that they idols were blown up.

It was on the news that not one single Buddhist had lived in Afghanistan for centuries.

The difference is the Al Aqsa mosque is not an idol but a house of worship. :cool:

Jewish religious law concerning entry to the site

During Temple times, entry to the Mount was limited by a complex set of purity laws. Maimonides wrote that it was only permitted to enter the site to fulfill a religious precept. After the destruction of the Temple there was discussion as to whether the site, bereft of the Temple, still maintained its holiness or not. Jewish codifiers accepted the opinion of Maimonides who ruled that the holiness of the Temple sanctified the site for eternity and consequently the restrictions on entry to the site are still currently in force.[17] While secular Jews ascend freely, the question of whether ascending is permitted is a matter some debate among religious authorities, with a majority holding that it is permitted to ascend to the Temple Mount, but not to step on the site of the inner courtyards of the ancient Temple.[17] The question then becomes whether the site can be ascertained accurately.[17] A second complex legal debate centers around the precise divine punishment for stepping onto these forbidden spots.
Temple Mount - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was on the news that not one single Buddhist had lived in Afghanistan for centuries.

The difference is the Al Aqsa mosque is not an idol but a house of worship. :cool:

We both know even if there Buddhists around, the Taliban would not have cared and they would have destroyed the statues.

So the 64,000 buddhists all moved there after March of 2001?

Okie dokie :cuckoo::cuckoo:

"For example, in Afghanistan, the Taliban’s destruction of the giant Buddha statues at Bamiyan in 2001 CE was directed, perhaps, more as a protest against international sanctions and withholding of humanitarian aid, rather than as an attack against Buddhism and Buddhists per se. No Buddhists, after all, lived in Afghanistan, worshipping the statues"

berzinarchives.com

Jewish religious law concerning entry to the site

During Temple times, entry to the Mount was limited by a complex set of purity laws. Maimonides wrote that it was only permitted to enter the site to fulfill a religious precept. After the destruction of the Temple there was discussion as to whether the site, bereft of the Temple, still maintained its holiness or not. Jewish codifiers accepted the opinion of Maimonides who ruled that the holiness of the Temple sanctified the site for eternity and consequently the restrictions on entry to the site are still currently in force.[17] While secular Jews ascend freely, the question of whether ascending is permitted is a matter some debate among religious authorities, with a majority holding that it is permitted to ascend to the Temple Mount, but not to step on the site of the inner courtyards of the ancient Temple.[17] The question then becomes whether the site can be ascertained accurately.[17] A second complex legal debate centers around the precise divine punishment for stepping onto these forbidden spots.
Temple Mount - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the primary reason.

If Jesus came down or God said build it they would start like yesterday.

Bloodshed on the inner site is a serious problem so even though that mosque is to Jews an abomination they fear repercussions from God. The mosque is directly over "The Rock" of the temple and thus not just anyone can enter. Muslims in the Mosque know this.

But just recently Palistinans said there never was a temple there and wanted to turn it into a housing area once the Jews are all swept into the sea.

Pieces of a new temple are supposedly in storage waiting for the go ahead to rebuild it.

Why not do it?

Why even wait?

What is Hamas or anyone else gonna do to them that already hasn't been done?

Dude, time to wake up.
If it were an option to sack the mosque it would've already been done.
You are an idiot if you believe this is just a Hamas related issue.

Forum List

Back