Does anyone here believe in polls?

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2019
Or do you figure they're aimed at a certain group with questions aimed in a beneficial way designed to steer public opinion?

Here's one off Xiden's Facebook. His Facebook is rich, because similar all the material he reads from and plagiarizes, the Xiden people write posts on his board presented as though Xiden is writing it.

"We are polling Democrats in your area and need 2,625 more responses to reach significance. Please click or tap below to complete this official poll before it closes at 11:59 p.m. tonight: Do you approve of President Biden and Vice President Harris?"
186828553_23847288032280269_3141547168794778738_n.png.jpg

I don't put much stock in polls anymore. I guess really large margins might give one a sense of where the population at large is.

Or do you figure they're aimed at a certain group with questions aimed in a beneficial way designed to steer public opinion?

Here's one off Xiden's Facebook. His Facebook is rich, because similar all the material he reads from and plagiarizes, the Xiden people write posts on his board presented as though Xiden is writing it.

"We are polling Democrats in your area and need 2,625 more responses to reach significance. Please click or tap below to complete this official poll before it closes at 11:59 p.m. tonight: Do you approve of President Biden and Vice President Harris?"

That depends on what you mean by "believe in polls" Personally I think polls get right most of the time, but in a tight race it could go either way. That's why polls come equipped with margins of errors i.e. + or - 5 percentage points.

Yes and no concerning my belief in polls. The last poll I took note of was the one recently where it was said that for the first time less than half of Americans regularly attended church. If the same question is tossed at the public year-after-year, decade-after-decade then I say it is safe to draw some conclusions from the response. However, as far as political polls go, I'm not very trusting and don't pay them much attention.

You're an idiot.

You're an idiot.

I didn't vote for Xiden

Polls are a product, and as such the pollsters have a duty to deliver something marketable. It's not really a matter of 'trust' its a matter of who is paying for what message. No doubt all polls are 'accurate' because with the right questions, right audience, and right payment, anyone can create a poll with the exact results they want.

No because polls are just a tool. You can find a poll with results and another one that shows vastly different results for the same question.

You can poll 10 people really and say "90% of people say yes".

I definitely do not believe in polls as they can be tailored to the result that those commissioning the poll desire.

This is shown by the polls declaring something that is just not so and claiming "scientific" results.

Over sampling one side or the other gives the desired result, not the truth.

Forum List

Back