does anyone have a problem with executing Americans without due process ??

Due process actually means in accordance with the law. Something has to prevent the politicians from taking away someone's life without the law.
it would have been a civil trial for the gitmo detainees trial in manhattan ? have we taken to reading miranda on the battlefield for non citizen combatants ?

If they convert to being an enemy then why should they have any rights under our law. They should be found to forfeit all rights under our law the second they take up arms against us.

I have a problem with people who call themselves "pro life" that support the death penalty.
I have a problem with people who don't see the distinction between innocent helpless life & criminals
Fetuses aren't conscious, and they're not on the same level as the women carrying them. They're fetuses. I'm not going to get into a debate over abortion, since those on the pro life side run entirely on absurd emotion and unrealistic ideas. Criminals? Yeah, I find it funny that "small government" conservatives want state executions to happen. You know the death penalty actually cost.. wait for it:
Costs of the Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center

I have a problem with people who call themselves "pro life" that support the death penalty.
I agree. It is either "pro-abortion" or "anti-abortion".

I am anti-abortion, unless it's within the first trimester and it is my seed in there incubating. Then it's "strip her and rip her" for me!

Killing Americans wh/o due process?

Is this a black lives matter thread ?
it is for you, it can be whatever you want it to be. jake the hall monitor might complain, i won't say anything.

If they convert to being an enemy then why should they have any rights under our law. They should be found to forfeit all rights under our law the second they take up arms against us.
predator_drone_by_rg1033b_500x280.jpg
predator_drone_by_rg1033b_500x280.jpg

This post was originally published byThe Philadelphia Inquirer. On Wednesday, Hina Shamsi will take part in an Intelligence Squared debate on the question "Does the president have constitutional authority under the due process clause to kill U.S. citizens abroad, or is it a violation of this clause to unilaterally decide to target and kill Americans?"

The White House is once again weighingwhether to kill an American citizen overseas as part of its "targeted killing" program.

This extrajudicial killing program should make every American queasy. Based on largely secret legal standards and entirely secret evidence, our government has killed thousands of people. At least several hundred were killed far from any battlefield. Four of the dead are Americans. Astonishingly, President Obama's Justice Department has said the courts have no role in deciding whether the killing of U.S. citizens far from any battlefield is lawful.

they all come to look for America ??

Death Without Due Process

Confirmed: Obama Authorizes Assassination of U.S. Citizen - World Can't Wait

In late January, I wrote about the Obama administration's "presidential assassination program," whereby American citizens are targeted for killings far away from any battlefield, based exclusively on unchecked accusations by the Executive Branch that they're involved in Terrorism.

A false OP yet again.

Define the term "execution" and consider whether the target is actively aiding and abetting the enemy.

Do other opportunities exist to capture the target?

Review the President's war powers.

What a silly OP.
sorry keyman, i didn't mean execution, i meant to say presidential assassination program.

In late January, I wrote about the Obama administration's "presidential assassination program," whereby American citizens are targeted for killings far away from any battlefield, based exclusively on unchecked accusations by the Executive Branch that they're involved in Terrorism.

At the time, The Washington Post's Dana Priest had noted deep in a long article that Obama had continued Bush's policy (which Bush never actually implemented) of having the Joint Chiefs of Staff compile "hit lists" of Americans, and Priest suggested that the American-born Islamic cleric Anwar al-Awlaki was on that list.

The following week, Obama's Director of National Intelligence, Adm. Dennis Blair, acknowledged in Congressional testimony that the administration reserves the "right" to carry out such assassinations.

Anwar al-Awlaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaAnwar_al-Awlaki
Wikipedia
Al-Awlaki was born in New Mexico in 1971 to parents from Yemen, while his father, Nasser al-Awlaki, was doing graduate work at US universities.
Cause of death‎: ‎AGM-114 Hellfire missile
Parent(s)‎: ‎Nasser al-Awlaki (father)
Citizenship‎: ‎United States and Yemen ...
Children‎: ‎5

i love that "cause of death: AGM-114 hellfire missile"

that's a workplace man made disaster right ??

i just wonder if hillary or bernie would approve drone assassinations here in the good ole USA, far away from any battlefield. i see drones going over all the time. i don't know if they're the hellfire kind or not.

Last edited:
Hell, there are some people here who ought to be droned out of existence. We ought to have half of our fleet circling Chicago popping violent criminals!

I have a problem with people who don't see the distinction between innocent helpless life & criminals
Fetuses aren't conscious, and they're not on the same level as the women carrying them. They're fetuses. I'm not going to get into a debate over abortion, since those on the pro life side run entirely on absurd emotion and unrealistic ideas. Criminals? Yeah, I find it funny that "small government" conservatives want state executions to happen. You know the death penalty actually cost.. wait for it:
So if some thug kills you in your sleep it's okay? Or if you're in a coma and someone that doesn't like you pulls the plug on life support it's okay?

So if some thug kills you in your sleep it's okay? Or if you're in a coma and someone that doesn't like you pulls the plug on life support it's okay?
Where did I say it's okay? It literally WASTES MONEY to execute people. And do you really want an entity to have that power?

even the semi communist huffington post doesn't like it:

U.S. Executes American Citizen Al-Awlaki Without Trial

Even though constitutional law professor Obama appears to have skipped reading about the Fifth Amendment (release the transcripts! Maybe he skipped class that day!), courts in Canada have not.

A Toronto judge was justified in freeing an alleged al Qaeda collaborator given the gravity of human rights abuses committed by the United States in connection with his capture in Pakistan, the Ontario Court of Appeal ruled. Judges are not expected to remain passive when countries such as the U.S. violate the rights of alleged terrorists, the court said.

And here like clockwork is the left injecting race into

And just like clockwork we have one of our resident dumbfucks injecting race into a thread where race is not an issue.

U miss the point gramps. Lots of people get into a tizzy over the droning of some U.S. citizen who runs off to join a foreign terror group . Those seem people don't give two shits about fellow Americans being gunned down by their local PD.

Ironic isn't it?

Even though constitutional law professor Obama appears to have skipped reading about the Fifth Amendment (release the transcripts! Maybe he skipped class that day!), courts in Canada have not.

A Toronto judge was justified in freeing an alleged al Qaeda collaborator given the gravity of human rights abuses committed by the United States in connection with his capture in Pakistan, the Ontario Court of Appeal ruled. Judges are not expected to remain passive when countries such as the U.S. violate the rights of alleged terrorists, the court said.

Let me ask you wash. During the civil war, should the union troops have been required to get warrants before engaging confederate troops ?

wash is a doofus on this issue is all.

He hates the idea that LEO, local and state and federal, and the military already have the authority to drone bad guys here in the states if necessary.

And, yes, that means any militia that goes rogue.

Let me ask you wash. During the civil war, should the union troops have been required to get warrants before engaging confederate troops ?
do you mean why did lincoln suspend habeas corpus ? i would have to have been there.

He hates the idea that LEO, local and state and federal, and the military already have the authority to drone bad guys here in the states if necessary.

jake this is your third post on what you call a silly wrong again thread.

bowe bergdahl by laser drone in idaho ?

jake this is your third post on what you call a silly wrong again thread.

bowe bergdahl by laser drone in idaho ?
You keep defending a silly wrong opinion, I will keep outing it.

Was bergdahl calling for holy jihad and cutting off heads? If he were, then, yes, drone him if you can't get to him any other way.

Why does authorized activity to apprehend or kill criminals bother you?

Forum List

Back