Does Anyone Find 'A Woman Speaker' A Victory For All Women?

so pelosi is the best the dems have?

also i just won $100 because i knew you would justify pelosi with a hassert dig...

Well was he the best Republican in Congress? If he was, how did he qualify? Apply the same criteria to Pelosi and there you go.
I'll admit I don't know everything about every Democrat (or Republican) in the House. Some Dems might argue someone else would have been better, but the majority of her peers in the Dem Caucus decided she should be Minority Whip, then Speaker. That's how you get the job.

no i dont think this is a victory for all women. Although Im sure Democrats would like you to think all women support them.

I rather think its dissappointing. If she is the best women have to offer, women need to step up.

no i dont think this is a victory for all women. Although Im sure Democrats would like you to think all women support them.

I rather think its dissappointing. If she is the best women have to offer, women need to step up.

More importantly, if she is the best the Dems have to offer, the Dems need to step WAY up.

Ummm.....history? She's a sorry excuse for a human being and has been since she first entered the public arena. Her ultra-left stances on just about everything you can think of sucks, and prove she is brain-damaged and/or incvapable of rational thought.

Anything else you want to know?

Like being pro-Israel, pro-defense spending, and voting in favor of the Unborn Victims of Violence Act in 2001 and No Child Left Behind? Ultra-left like that?

Well was he the best Republican in Congress? If he was, how did he qualify? Apply the same criteria to Pelosi and there you go.
I'll admit I don't know everything about every Democrat (or Republican) in the House. Some Dems might argue someone else would have been better, but the majority of her peers in the Dem Caucus decided she should be Minority Whip, then Speaker. That's how you get the job.

oh my god.....

who hassert is and what criteria the gop uses is not relevant to the dems and the quality of their elected officials nor who they decide is the best.

it was a simple question .... is she the best the dems have.... did she get it because she was a woman .....or did she get it on seniority ....

Like being pro-Israel, pro-defense spending, and voting in favor of the Unborn Victims of Violence Act in 2001 and No Child Left Behind? Ultra-left like that?

And threatening to cut off Bush's purse when she doesn't even have the power to do it. Or demanding we cut and run from Iraq like cowards.

Yeah, like that.

yea she is not on the left

pro defense?!
http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_ca...type=category&category=Defense&go.x=9&go.y=10

labor?!
http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_ca...03&type=category&category=Labor&go.x=4&go.y=7

kill the unborn
http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_ca...egory&category=Abortion+Issues&go.x=13&go.y=6

oh my god.....

who hassert is and what criteria the gop uses is not relevant to the dems and the quality of their elected officials nor who they decide is the best.

it was a simple question .... is she the best the dems have.... did she get it because she was a woman .....or did she get it on seniority ....

She'd been Minority Whip for the three years preceding her being elected Speaker, so I'm thinking seniority played a part.

She's been Minority Whip for the three years preceding her being elected Speaker, so I'm thinking seniority played a part.

yep that is how you get it ..... senority and back room politics .... more often than not the best is not the speaker .....

Yeah, see all those Ys next to those Authorization Bills?
There are a few pro-choice Republicans out there too, btw. Guiliani, for one.

She is a Democrat. You don't really expect her to vote conservative Republican party line, do you?
I'm just saying she's not the far-left moonbat people try to make her out to be.

Question for the class:

Why is the selection of a well known long term pol to the position of house speaker more newsworthy than the selection of the first black female to be national security advisor who then became the second woman (and first minority woman) to be secretary of state?

Is it more newsworthy? I thought Condi got quite a lot of mention for that. She's been in the cabinet more than six years. It's not exactly breaking news anymore.

If memory serves I do not remember every media outlet positively gushing over either of her appointments. I for certain don't remember a gala ball.

So she didn't get the media attention because she was neither the first female nor the first black Secretary and folks are adjusting to progress? That doesn't explain the lack of fireworks or lack of prominent black leaders making media rounds at the firsts she did make. And since she predates Pelosi in the firsts department the current hoopla makes no sense according to your explanation. This tells me it's more about partisan media than actual historical value.

Yeah, see all those Ys next to those Authorization Bills?
There are a few pro-choice Republicans out there too, btw. Guiliani, for one.

She is a Democrat. You don't really expect her to vote conservative Republican party line, do you?
I'm just saying she's not the far-left moonbat people try to make her out to be.

why do you continue to try to justify one persons behaviour with that of another person...it makes no difference what other people do....

i live in the bay area .... are you telling me she is a moderate dem? she may not be a full moon bat but she definately is close

The same would apply to the Republican Caucus.

you don't get it do you....what the gop does has no bearing on the dems....to use one bad beahviour to justify another is idiotic

i thought the dems were above the gop, more etchical, more fair, better, smarter, faster, better plans, better ideas, better second guessing? are you really going to hold up the gop as the standard that the dems should judge themselves by?

that is like walking into a bar and thinking, well she is getting drunk and doing every guy in the bar i guess that makes it ok?

come on....

why do you continue to try to justify one persons behaviour with that of another person...it makes no difference what other people do....

i live in the bay area .... are you telling me she is a moderate dem? she may not be a full moon bat but she definately is close

Because you mentioned her being pro-choice (er - pro- "killing the unborn") like that makes her some kind of partisan whacko. The fact that there are people in the center and on the center-right that are also pro-choice nullifies that argument.
Yes, I'm saying she's a moderate Dem.

Because you mentioned her being pro-choice (er - pro- "killing the unborn") like that makes her some kind of partisan whacko. The fact that there are people in the center and on the center-right that are also pro-choice nullifies that argument.
Yes, I'm saying she's a moderate Dem.

i am not comparing her simply trying to evaluate her...but what the fuck lets compare her

so she is as far left as mccain is far right

you don't get it do you....what the gop does has no bearing on the dems....to use one bad beahviour to justify another is idiotic

i thought the dems were above the gop, more etchical, more fair, better, smarter, faster, better plans, better ideas, better second guessing? are you really going to hold up the gop as the standard that the dems should judge themselves by?

that is like walking into a bar and thinking, well she is getting drunk and doing every guy in the bar i guess that makes it ok?

come on....

Thanks for the Red Herring. It was delicious.

The same systems that the GOP applies to electing a Speaker or Whip, I imagine the Dems in the House would follow fairly similar criteria and procedure.

i am not comparing her simply trying to evaluate her...but what the fuck lets compare her

so she is as far left as mccain is far right

I don't even know where McCain is anymore. Lately, I think he's shifted more to the right so I guess they're fairly comparable.

Forum List

Back