Does A Religion Need A God?

I voted for Trump dumbass

Does not mean I am a religious doofus like you

George Washington was baptized in infancy into the Church of England,[4][5] which, until 1776, was the established church (state religion) of Virginia.[6] As an adult, Washington served as a member of the vestry (lay council) for his local parish. In colonial-era Virginia, office-holding qualifications at all levels—including the House of Burgesses, to which Washington was elected in 1758—required affiliation with the current state religion and an undertaking that one would neither express dissent nor do anything that did not conform to church doctrine. At the library of the New-York Historical Society, some manuscripts containing a leaf from the church record of Pohick were available to Benson Lossing, an American historian, which he included in his Field Book of the Revolution; the leaf contained the following signed oath, required to qualify individuals as vestrymen:

I, A B, do declare that I will be conformable[7] to the Doctrine and Discipline of the Church of England, as by law established.,

1765. May 20th.—Thomas Withers Coffer, Thomas Ford, John Ford.

19th August.

— Geo. Washington, Daniel M'Carty [...][8]

The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian.

“52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2010/02/new_column_libe_4.html

Soooo.....what's your point????

They were members of the Church of England.

Duh u really are special

And you don't know that they were believers in the Judeo-Christian faith?????

Bet you didn't know that the Founders saw themselves as 'modern-day' Hebrews.

... the situations of the revolutionaries was commonly compared to the Babylonian captivity, the Exodus, David vs. Goliath, and the book of Deuteronomy. The republic was often called “the new Israel.”
a. “A couple of months after American colonists declared their independence from Great Britain, a committee composed of Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams proposed a design for a national seal. It portrayed the Egyptian pharaoh leading his troops through a divided Red Sea in pursuit of the fleeing Israelites. Surrounding this scene were the words, “Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God.” http://www.sbl-site.org/assets/pdfs/TB6_Exodus_SL.pdf

1CommRev.jpg

The church of England is Christian simpleton

Your Mom dropped you right

Exactly as I said.....three times now.....the Founders followed the Judeo-Christian faith.

English is my second language.....it appears you don't have a first one.

George Washington belonged to the Church of England

Now what are you babbling

Is God listening

Does he love you more than me?

Being that I can help myself and others he needs me more

You are a toy

15. "Does it not feel as ifsome special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos
Is this what you mean, wingnut? :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

View attachment 280533

:clap:

Opinion | Why Trump Reigns as King Cyrus

Why Trump — and some of his followers — believe he is the Chosen One - Religion News Service

So you've given up denying the premise of the thread?

Excellent.

The premise being you cutting and pasting a bunch of moronic bullshit? I don't deny that at all.

So we agree that there is not a single thing in my posts .....all of my posts....that isn't 100% accurate, true and correct.

Excellent.

Is was fun providing you Leftists with the remediation you so sorely require.

I'll accept your penitential prostration as thanks.
Whenever you're ready.

The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian.

“52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2010/02/new_column_libe_4.html

Soooo.....what's your point????

Duh u really are special

... the situations of the revolutionaries was commonly compared to the Babylonian captivity, the Exodus, David vs. Goliath, and the book of Deuteronomy. The republic was often called “the new Israel.”
a. “A couple of months after American colonists declared their independence from Great Britain, a committee composed of Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams proposed a design for a national seal. It portrayed the Egyptian pharaoh leading his troops through a divided Red Sea in pursuit of the fleeing Israelites. Surrounding this scene were the words, “Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God.” http://www.sbl-site.org/assets/pdfs/TB6_Exodus_SL.pdf

1CommRev.jpg

Exactly as I said.....three times now.....the Founders followed the Judeo-Christian faith.

Is God listening

You are a toy

I’ve seen people like you before…but then I had to pay admission.

Fourth time: the Founders were of the Judeo-Christian faith.......as you have been forced to admit.

Duh u really are special

1CommRev.jpg

Is God listening

You are a toy

Fourth time: the Founders were of the Judeo-Christian faith.......as you have been forced to admit.

GW was a baptized member of the Church of England so from that perspective all money says in England we trust

You get it now

Is God listening to you now

1CommRev.jpg

Is God listening

You are a toy

GW was a baptized member of the Church of England so from that perspective all money says in England we trust

You get it now

So.....you're admitting that you didn't know that Church of England is Christian?

I don’t know what your problem is, but I bet it’s hard to pronounce.

Is God listening

You are a toy

You get it now

So.....you're admitting that you didn't know that Church of England is Christian?

Actually kid you were the one who did not know that GW was baptized into the Church of England.

LOL everyone but you knows that Protestants are Christian.

You never answered is God listening to you now, will he hear your prayers tonight

Be a good girl now, no sex out of marriage...…

God does not approve

Is God listening

You are a toy

You get it now

Actually kid you were the one who did not know that GW was baptized into the Church of England.

You never answered is God listening to you now, will he hear your prayers tonight

God does not approve

So tell me.....why did the Founding Fathers include the subject of "Freedom of Religion" in the Bill of Right?

Is God listening

You are a toy

You get it now

God does not approve

"Actually kid you were the one who did not know that GW was baptized into the Church of England."

Bet you can't find any such quotes from moi.

The truth is, you didn't know that Church of England is Christian....that's why you kept disputing my statement that the Founders followed the Judeo-Christian faith.

That's the fact, isn't it.

Sooo.....are you more stupid, or more a liar????

Which one?

Both????????

Is God listening

You are a toy

You get it now

God does not approve

So tell me.....why did the Founding Fathers include the subject of "Freedom of Religion" in the Bill of Right?

Because they wanted freedom of religion...……………

Duh

The FBI has to be behind any questions this stoopud

You get it now

God does not approve

Duh

Not surprisingly you evaded the question WHY did they feel the NEED to include it?

Is God listening

You are a toy

You get it now

God does not approve

"Actually kid you were the one who did not know that GW was baptized into the Church of England."

Bet you can't find any such quotes from moi.

The truth is, you didn't know that Church of England is Christian....that's why you kept disputing my statement that the Founders followed the Judeo-Christian faith.

That's the fact, isn't it.

Sooo.....are you more stupid, or more a liar????

Which one?

Both????????

Actually kiddy I informed you that GW was baptized into the Church of England. Post 85 where I said this which was the first mention of the English Church in this thread. Is your God helping you humiliate yourself?

Again I said

So you are saying that the founding fathers were God and that what they said is gospel

Kid you have just made my point

What people believe on the Earth does not influence the Universe

You have the intellect of a moth

Besides the founding fathers were members of the Church of England of which the King was God

You get it now

God does not approve

Duh

Not surprisingly you evaded the question WHY did they feel the NEED to include it?

They included it because they did not want to be Protestant only like the bombastic country they came from

It's not real hard kid, you finish your homework yet

God does not approve

Duh

They included it because they did not want to be Protestant only like the bombastic country they came from

It's not real hard kid, you finish your homework yet

LOL, the Church of England was owned and controlled by the Monarchy twit, you aren't in my league. Hell it was "founded" by the "King" and it was the FORCED method of worship in England. stick with me kid, I'll learn ya.

"
European Persecution
The religious persecution in Europe that filled the British North American Colonies with settlers was motivated by the conviction, held by Protestants and Catholics alike, that a uniformity of religion must exist in any given society. This conviction rested on the belief that there was one true religion and that it was the duty of the civil authorities to impose it, forcibly if necessary, in their jurisdictions in the interest of saving the souls of all citizens. Nonconformists could expect no mercy and might be executed as heretics. The dominance of the concept, denounced by Roger Williams as "inforced uniformity of religion," meant that in 17th century Europe (and in New England and Virginia as well) majority religious groups who controlled political power punished dissenters in their midst.

Crossing the Ocean to Keep the Faith: The Puritans
Puritans were English Protestants who wished to reform -- to purify -- the Church of England of what they considered to be unacceptable residues of Roman Catholicism. In the 1620s leaders of the English state and church grew increasingly unsympathetic to Puritan demands and insisted that they conform to religious practices that they abhorred, removing their ministers from office and threatening them with "extirpation from the earth" if they did not fall in line. Zealous Puritan laymen received savage punishments; one, for example, in 1630 was sentenced to life imprisonment, had his property confiscated, his nose slit, an ear cut off and his forehead branded "S.S." (sower of sedition)."

Faith of Our Forefathers (May 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

^^^ 'And the Liberals/Democrats called Obama god, the messiah, and Jesus.' ^^^

:auiqs.jpg:

the ONLY time i ever heard/read those ridiculous notions had come from (R)s. howeverrrrrrrrrrrr, i can't tell you the numerous times (R) candidates or their wives said that THEY were sent or 'told' by god to run in the past few elections... including the pastor's daughter, sarah honey boo who recently said that 'the chosen one' was sent by her god to be prez.

I see you didn't repeat the lie "the ONLY time i ever heard/read those ridiculous notions had come from (R)s."

Seems we proved, yet again, that I am never wrong.

And you helped prove it.

Religion is ONLY for the terminally stupid, but it is a $1.2T industry.

The Hollywood celebrities pledge Go to 3:54:"I pledge to be a servantto our president and all mankind." Creepy?

Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher's I Pledge Video - YouTube
So is it creepy when people want to be public servants? Does that mean they consider “the people” to be Gods?

You’re not smart.

Didn't you say this??????

"No they didn’t. And I dare you to find anyone credible who did.

Why do you lie so much?"

Buried you, huh?

Lovin' it......time for you to slither away.
Interesting that you find Hollyweird Liberals to be credible.

Beside that revelation, you’re still misinterpreting their words. You claimed God. You claimed a Messiah. Step up, loser.

Once again, my ‘location’ is correct. PChic posts her multi-point list of bullshit, I start dismantling them one point at a time, and the ONLY response she can muster is to re-post her entire list of bullshit.

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Sure-as per your totalitarian dream quote-or modern day America.

Articulate a point.
Religion is about dogma. God is important but secondary to the beliefs of the faithful.

These religions are about power, control, and subjection:
Communism, Socialism,Liberalism, Nazism, Progressivism, and Fascism.

The Judeo-Christian faiths are about free will and individualism.

How come you don't know that????

did two corinthians tell you that?

I wrote:
And the Liberals/Democrats called Obama god, the messiah, and Jesus.

You made the mistake of saying...
"i didn't hear or read anybody stating that other than (R)s."

Then I slapped you around pretty good, and rammed those lying words back down you throat......it was really fun.

I'm still chuckling about smashing that custard pie in your ugly kisser!!!

Please....say it one more time!!!

lol... i said I didn't read nor hear any liberals/(D)s claim that. you gave me names of inCONsequential names.... funny how you slam 'hollywood' or msnbc... but when it's CONvenient - you use them as a source! lol.................... now dredge up some names in POLITICS.... you know- like campaign managers & press secs that are nutty enough to think such stupid shit.

repeating the same bullshit like it means what you think it does is a great imitation of your prez....

1.Well, yes. That’s the requirement of the term ‘religion.’

re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. Google

And as totalitarians of every sort, Communists, Progressives, Liberals, government school grads, never cease to berate, ridicule, and show utter contempt for those of us who are believers, once can only be amazed by their lack of self-realization.

Because every one of their doctrines is some version of religion.

"Just because any religious idea, any idea of any god at all, any flirtation even with a god, is the most inexpressible foulness, particularly tolerantly (and often even favourably) accepted by the democratic bourgeoisie—for that very reason it is the most dangerous foulness, the most shameful “infection.” A million physicalsins, dirty tricks, acts of violence and infections are much more easily discovered by the crowd, and therefore are much less dangerous, than the nubile, spiritual idea of god, dressed up in the most attractive “ideological” costumes." Letter from Lenin to Maxim Gorky, Written on November 13 or 14, 1913 Lenin 55. TO MAXIM GORKY

"It is a great irony of communism that those who did not believe in God believed that godlike knowledge could be concentrated at a central point. It was believed that government could be omnipotent and omniscient. And in order to justify the idea that all lives should be determined by a single plan, the concomitant tendency of communist regimes was to deify the leader- whether Lenin, Stalin, Mao, or Kim Il-sung."
Tom Bethell, "The Noblest Triumph," p. 144

"...communism that those who did not believe in God believed that godlike knowledge could be concentrated at a central point."

And that ‘central point’ that is god to every totalitarian is the state.

2. “Chinese Communism mimics religion- it presents a version of history with a journey with deliverance played out in chapters written in a chosen language. It boasts its own priesthood- political commissars ubiquitous throughout- and an enforced infallibility of its leadership. There are prophets and devils along with a council of senior ayatollahs who have the power to change or reinterpret the communist historical narrative.

Party loyalty equal morality; doubting history is blasthemy, heresy, treasonous. There is a chosen people, the Chinese; a promised land, China; and temples, pilgrimage, faith in the face of contrary facts, deep intrusion into the personal life of each person, and the indoctrination of children into the tenets of Chinese Communism.

The objective is to further the totalitarian dream of convincing the Chinese people and the world that the party is divine and infallible and that the Communist Party is the savior.” Gertz, “Deceiving The Sky,” p. 27-28

How to determine whose religion is best?

I’d say that the Litmus Test is the one that offers life, not one that threatens death if one doesn't conform.
I haven't read a pile of crap this unimpressive in a long time. It's assumptions are the biggest pile of garbage since the New York City landfill was dumped into the ocean.

1.Well, yes. That’s the requirement of the term ‘religion.’

re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. Google

And as totalitarians of every sort, Communists, Progressives, Liberals, government school grads, never cease to berate, ridicule, and show utter contempt for those of us who are believers, once can only be amazed by their lack of self-realization.

Because every one of their doctrines is some version of religion.

"Just because any religious idea, any idea of any god at all, any flirtation even with a god, is the most inexpressible foulness, particularly tolerantly (and often even favourably) accepted by the democratic bourgeoisie—for that very reason it is the most dangerous foulness, the most shameful “infection.” A million physicalsins, dirty tricks, acts of violence and infections are much more easily discovered by the crowd, and therefore are much less dangerous, than the nubile, spiritual idea of god, dressed up in the most attractive “ideological” costumes." Letter from Lenin to Maxim Gorky, Written on November 13 or 14, 1913 Lenin 55. TO MAXIM GORKY

"It is a great irony of communism that those who did not believe in God believed that godlike knowledge could be concentrated at a central point. It was believed that government could be omnipotent and omniscient. And in order to justify the idea that all lives should be determined by a single plan, the concomitant tendency of communist regimes was to deify the leader- whether Lenin, Stalin, Mao, or Kim Il-sung."
Tom Bethell, "The Noblest Triumph," p. 144

"...communism that those who did not believe in God believed that godlike knowledge could be concentrated at a central point."

And that ‘central point’ that is god to every totalitarian is the state.

2. “Chinese Communism mimics religion- it presents a version of history with a journey with deliverance played out in chapters written in a chosen language. It boasts its own priesthood- political commissars ubiquitous throughout- and an enforced infallibility of its leadership. There are prophets and devils along with a council of senior ayatollahs who have the power to change or reinterpret the communist historical narrative.

Party loyalty equal morality; doubting history is blasthemy, heresy, treasonous. There is a chosen people, the Chinese; a promised land, China; and temples, pilgrimage, faith in the face of contrary facts, deep intrusion into the personal life of each person, and the indoctrination of children into the tenets of Chinese Communism.

The objective is to further the totalitarian dream of convincing the Chinese people and the world that the party is divine and infallible and that the Communist Party is the savior.” Gertz, “Deceiving The Sky,” p. 27-28

How to determine whose religion is best?

I’d say that the Litmus Test is the one that offers life, not one that threatens death if one doesn't conform.
ALL religion needs a god, And a god is anything one desires above all else. A god can be drugs, sex, sports, pets, hobbies, art, even one's career...

Forum List

Back