Does A Religion Need A God?

NBC’s Matt Lauer noted that “people” have called Obama “ ‘The Savior,’ ‘The Messiah,’ ‘The Messenger of Change,’“ Today Show, NBC, October 20, 2008.
Oh, the ever-popular “some people” gimmick that Sean Hannity loves to use when he has no facts.

15. "Does it not feel as ifsome special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos
Umm...that would be God guiding Obama’s hand, not Obama the God guiding his own hand.

You’re stupid. :lol:

15. "Does it not feel as ifsome special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos
Is this what you mean, wingnut? :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

upload_2019-9-22_17-23-43.png

The Hollywood celebrities pledge Go to 3:54:"I pledge to be a servantto our president and all mankind." Creepy?

Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher's I Pledge Video - YouTube
So is it creepy when people want to be public servants? Does that mean they consider “the people” to be Gods?

You’re not smart.

Didn't you say this??????

"No they didn’t. And I dare you to find anyone credible who did.

Why do you lie so much?"

Buried you, huh?

Lovin' it......time for you to slither away.

NBC’s Matt Lauer noted that “people” have called Obama “ ‘The Savior,’ ‘The Messiah,’ ‘The Messenger of Change,’“ Today Show, NBC, October 20, 2008.
Oh, the ever-popular “some people” gimmick that Sean Hannity loves to use when he has no facts.

Again????

Sure thing, dope:

1. The Hollywood celebrities pledge Go to 3:54:"I pledge to be a servantto our president and all mankind." Creepy?

2. Time's Nancy Gibbs who opened this week's cover story bycomparing Obama with Jesus:“Some princes are born in palaces. Some are born in mangers. But a few are born in the imagination, out of scraps of history and hope...” In the November 17 issue.

3. Chris Matthews: "If you're in [a room] with Obama,you feel the spirit moving."Book Monitor (Current Edition)

4. “Obama seemedthe political equivalent of a rainbow — a sudden preternatural event inspiring awe and ecstasy....” Time’s Joe Klein, October 23, 2006 cover story, "Why Barack Obama Could Be the Next President."

5. NBC’s Matt Lauer noted that “people” have called Obama “ ‘The Savior,’ ‘The Messiah,’ ‘The Messenger of Change,’“ Today Show, NBC, October 20, 2008.

6. The New York Time’s Judith Warner reported, “Many women- not too surprisingly – were dreaming about sex with the president [Obama]”.http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...t-a-president/
    “…the Obamas are not just a beacon of hope, inspiration and“demigodlikeness,”Ibid.

7. David Cordero, 24, made the sculpture for his senior show after noticing all the attention Obama has received: "All of this is a response to what I've been witnessing and hearing, this idea that Barack is sort ofa potential saviorthat might come and absolve the country of all its sins," Cordero said.Sculpture of Obama as Jesuscauses stir - politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

8. . In its November 22, 2010 issue, Obama has been shown by Newsweek on its cover page with multiple arms balancing several policy issues while raising his left leg mimickingthe cosmic dance of the Hindu deity; considered a manifestation of Lord Shiva.
    ... Newsweek has named Obama "god of all things" on its cover.
    SOURCE: Times of India (November 20, 2010).

9. “I haven’t seen a politician get this kind ofwalk-on-watercoverage since Colin Powell a dozen years ago flirted with making a run for the White House,” said Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz on Meet the Press in February 2007

10. Samantha Fennell, formerly an associate publisher of Elle, wrote on the magazine’s website a month later: “When I attended my second “Obama Live” fund-raiser last week at New York City’s Grand Hyatt, . . . I was on my feet as Senator Obama entered the room. Fate had blessed me in this moment. . . . In a moment of divine intervention,he saw me,…”

11.Filmmaker Spike Lee, predicting an Obama victory, implicitly compared the candidate with Christ: “You’ll have to measure time by ‘Before Obama’ and ‘After Obama.’ . . .

12. Jesse Jackson, Jr. called Obama’s securing the Democratic nomination “so extraordinary thatanother chapter could be added to the Bibleto chronicle its significance.”

13. . Louis Farrakhan went one better, according to the website WorldNetDaily: “Barack has captured the youth. . . . That’s a sign.When the Messiah speaks,the youth will hear, andthe Messiah is absolutely speaking.

14. His followers needed to re-elect him to a second term, so that he could continue to accomplish the promises he made, thus, realizing his vision of America as a more perfect political union or“heaven here on earth.”
    The Gospel According to Apostle Barack, by Barbara A. Thompson.

-- Daily Kos

16"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . .He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . .. Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."
    - Ezra Klein

17. "Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."
    -- Gerald Campbell

18."We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."
    -- Oprah Winfrey

19. “I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."
    -- Bill Rush

20. "This is bigger than Kennedy. . . .This is the New Testament."| "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
    -- Chris Matthews

Newsweek editor Evan Thomas said President Obama is "sort of God" in a way that's "standing above the country." Transcript below.

"CHRIS MATTHEWS (HOST):Evan Thomas is editor at large for Newsweek magazine. Evan, you remember 1984. It wasn't 100 years ago. Reagan and World War II and the sense of us as the good guys in the world, how are we doing?
EVAN THOMAS: Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn't felt that way in recent years. So Obama's had, really, a different task We're seen too often as the bad guys. And he, he has a very different job from ... Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is - we are above that now. We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something, I mean in a way Obama's standing above the country, above above the world, he's sort of God."
Newsweek Editor Evan Thomas: Obama Is "Sort Of God" | RealClearPolitics

Guess you don't want to dare me to find "one person" who called Hussein the messiah, god, and Jesus......do you, fool??????

The Hollywood celebrities pledge Go to 3:54:"I pledge to be a servantto our president and all mankind." Creepy?

So is it creepy when people want to be public servants? Does that mean they consider “the people” to be Gods?

You’re not smart.

Ever read "Jitterbug Perfume" by Tom Robbins? The concept was that gods only exist as long as people believe in them.

The New York Time’s Judith Warner reported, “Many women- not too surprisingly – were dreaming about sex with the president [Obama]”.http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...t-a-president/
This is your example of people thinking Obama is a god? Because women wanted to fuck him? :auiqs.jpg:

Again???

My pleasure...your pain.

1. The Hollywood celebrities pledge Go to 3:54:"I pledge to be a servantto our president and all mankind." Creepy?

2. Time's Nancy Gibbs who opened this week's cover story bycomparing Obama with Jesus:“Some princes are born in palaces. Some are born in mangers. But a few are born in the imagination, out of scraps of history and hope...” In the November 17 issue.

3. Chris Matthews: "If you're in [a room] with Obama,you feel the spirit moving."Book Monitor (Current Edition)

4. “Obama seemedthe political equivalent of a rainbow — a sudden preternatural event inspiring awe and ecstasy....” Time’s Joe Klein, October 23, 2006 cover story, "Why Barack Obama Could Be the Next President."

5. NBC’s Matt Lauer noted that “people” have called Obama “ ‘The Savior,’ ‘The Messiah,’ ‘The Messenger of Change,’“ Today Show, NBC, October 20, 2008.

6. The New York Time’s Judith Warner reported, “Many women- not too surprisingly – were dreaming about sex with the president [Obama]”.http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...t-a-president/
    “…the Obamas are not just a beacon of hope, inspiration and“demigodlikeness,”Ibid.

7. David Cordero, 24, made the sculpture for his senior show after noticing all the attention Obama has received: "All of this is a response to what I've been witnessing and hearing, this idea that Barack is sort ofa potential saviorthat might come and absolve the country of all its sins," Cordero said.Sculpture of Obama as Jesuscauses stir - politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

8. . In its November 22, 2010 issue, Obama has been shown by Newsweek on its cover page with multiple arms balancing several policy issues while raising his left leg mimickingthe cosmic dance of the Hindu deity; considered a manifestation of Lord Shiva.

9. “I haven’t seen a politician get this kind ofwalk-on-watercoverage since Colin Powell a dozen years ago flirted with making a run for the White House,” said Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz on Meet the Press in February 2007

10. Samantha Fennell, formerly an associate publisher of Elle, wrote on the magazine’s website a month later: “When I attended my second “Obama Live” fund-raiser last week at New York City’s Grand Hyatt, . . . I was on my feet as Senator Obama entered the room. Fate had blessed me in this moment. . . . In a moment of divine intervention,he saw me,…”

11.Filmmaker Spike Lee, predicting an Obama victory, implicitly compared the candidate with Christ: “You’ll have to measure time by ‘Before Obama’ and ‘After Obama.’ . . .

12. Jesse Jackson, Jr. called Obama’s securing the Democratic nomination “so extraordinary thatanother chapter could be added to the Bibleto chronicle its significance.”

13. . Louis Farrakhan went one better, according to the website WorldNetDaily: “Barack has captured the youth. . . . That’s a sign.When the Messiah speaks,the youth will hear, andthe Messiah is absolutely speaking.

14. His followers needed to re-elect him to a second term, so that he could continue to accomplish the promises he made, thus, realizing his vision of America as a more perfect political union or“heaven here on earth.”

-- Daily Kos

16"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . .He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . .. Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."
    - Ezra Klein

17. "Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."
    -- Gerald Campbell

18."We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."
    -- Oprah Winfrey

19. “I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."
    -- Bill Rush

20. "This is bigger than Kennedy. . . .This is the New Testament."| "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
    -- Chris Matthews

Newsweek editor Evan Thomas said President Obama is "sort of God" in a way that's "standing above the country." Transcript below.

"CHRIS MATTHEWS (HOST):Evan Thomas is editor at large for Newsweek magazine. Evan, you remember 1984. It wasn't 100 years ago. Reagan and World War II and the sense of us as the good guys in the world, how are we doing?
EVAN THOMAS: Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn't felt that way in recent years. So Obama's had, really, a different task We're seen too often as the bad guys. And he, he has a very different job from ... Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is - we are above that now. We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something, I mean in a way Obama's standing above the country, above above the world, he's sort of God."

And the audience cheers!!!!

-- Daily Kos
Umm...that would be God guiding Obama’s hand, not Obama the God guiding his own hand.

You’re stupid. :lol:

You're no longer daring me to find even one 'credible' person calling Hussein god, the messiah and Jesus?????

Is this why???

-- Daily Kos

- Ezra Klein

-- Gerald Campbell

-- Oprah Winfrey

-- Bill Rush

-- Chris Matthews

-- Daily Kos

View attachment 280533

This is what I mean, dunce:

-- Daily Kos

- Ezra Klein

-- Gerald Campbell

-- Oprah Winfrey

-- Bill Rush

-- Chris Matthews

god, the messiah, and Jesus.......and you bought it like it was on sale!!!!

So you are saying that the founding fathers were God and that what they said is gospel

Kid you have just made my point

What people believe on the Earth does not influence the Universe

You have the intellect of a moth

Besides the founding fathers were members of the Church of England of which the King was God

I've so very heartened when I force you Leftists to lie....

You know I never said what you claimed I said: "So you are saying that the founding fathers were God and that what they said is gospel"

Hence you are to be recognized as one more low-life lying Liberal.

I voted for Trump dumbass

Does not mean I am a religious doofus like you

George Washington was baptized in infancy into the Church of England,[4][5] which, until 1776, was the established church (state religion) of Virginia.[6] As an adult, Washington served as a member of the vestry (lay council) for his local parish. In colonial-era Virginia, office-holding qualifications at all levels—including the House of Burgesses, to which Washington was elected in 1758—required affiliation with the current state religion and an undertaking that one would neither express dissent nor do anything that did not conform to church doctrine. At the library of the New-York Historical Society, some manuscripts containing a leaf from the church record of Pohick were available to Benson Lossing, an American historian, which he included in his Field Book of the Revolution; the leaf contained the following signed oath, required to qualify individuals as vestrymen:

I, A B, do declare that I will be conformable[7] to the Doctrine and Discipline of the Church of England, as by law established.,

1765. May 20th.—Thomas Withers Coffer, Thomas Ford, John Ford.

19th August.

— Geo. Washington, Daniel M'Carty [...][8]

The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian.

“52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2010/02/new_column_libe_4.html

Soooo.....what's your point????

They were members of the Church of England.

Duh u really are special

And you don't know that they were believers in the Judeo-Christian faith?????

Bet you didn't know that the Founders saw themselves as 'modern-day' Hebrews.

... the situations of the revolutionaries was commonly compared to the Babylonian captivity, the Exodus, David vs. Goliath, and the book of Deuteronomy. The republic was often called “the new Israel.”
a. “A couple of months after American colonists declared their independence from Great Britain, a committee composed of Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams proposed a design for a national seal. It portrayed the Egyptian pharaoh leading his troops through a divided Red Sea in pursuit of the fleeing Israelites. Surrounding this scene were the words, “Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God.” http://www.sbl-site.org/assets/pdfs/TB6_Exodus_SL.pdf

1CommRev.jpg

The church of England is Christian simpleton

Your Mom dropped you right

You’re not smart.

Ever read "Jitterbug Perfume" by Tom Robbins? The concept was that gods only exist as long as people believe in them.

These are the folks who believe that the state is god:

Communists, Socialists, Liberals, Fascists, Nazis, and Progressives.

As documented in this thread.

Again????

Sure thing, dope:

-- Daily Kos

- Ezra Klein

-- Gerald Campbell

-- Oprah Winfrey

-- Bill Rush

-- Chris Matthews

Guess you don't want to dare me to find "one person" who called Hussein the messiah, god, and Jesus......do you, fool??????
and the SUPERHUMAN nazis/communist
hahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah

I've so very heartened when I force you Leftists to lie....

You know I never said what you claimed I said: "So you are saying that the founding fathers were God and that what they said is gospel"

Hence you are to be recognized as one more low-life lying Liberal.

I voted for Trump dumbass

Does not mean I am a religious doofus like you

George Washington was baptized in infancy into the Church of England,[4][5] which, until 1776, was the established church (state religion) of Virginia.[6] As an adult, Washington served as a member of the vestry (lay council) for his local parish. In colonial-era Virginia, office-holding qualifications at all levels—including the House of Burgesses, to which Washington was elected in 1758—required affiliation with the current state religion and an undertaking that one would neither express dissent nor do anything that did not conform to church doctrine. At the library of the New-York Historical Society, some manuscripts containing a leaf from the church record of Pohick were available to Benson Lossing, an American historian, which he included in his Field Book of the Revolution; the leaf contained the following signed oath, required to qualify individuals as vestrymen:

I, A B, do declare that I will be conformable[7] to the Doctrine and Discipline of the Church of England, as by law established.,

1765. May 20th.—Thomas Withers Coffer, Thomas Ford, John Ford.

19th August.

— Geo. Washington, Daniel M'Carty [...][8]

The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian.

“52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2010/02/new_column_libe_4.html

Soooo.....what's your point????

They were members of the Church of England.

Duh u really are special

And you don't know that they were believers in the Judeo-Christian faith?????

Bet you didn't know that the Founders saw themselves as 'modern-day' Hebrews.

... the situations of the revolutionaries was commonly compared to the Babylonian captivity, the Exodus, David vs. Goliath, and the book of Deuteronomy. The republic was often called “the new Israel.”
a. “A couple of months after American colonists declared their independence from Great Britain, a committee composed of Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams proposed a design for a national seal. It portrayed the Egyptian pharaoh leading his troops through a divided Red Sea in pursuit of the fleeing Israelites. Surrounding this scene were the words, “Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God.” http://www.sbl-site.org/assets/pdfs/TB6_Exodus_SL.pdf

1CommRev.jpg

The church of England is Christian simpleton

Your Mom dropped you right

Exactly as I said.....three times now.....the Founders followed the Judeo-Christian faith.

English is my second language.....it appears you don't have a first one.

-- Daily Kos

View attachment 280533

:clap:

Opinion | Why Trump Reigns as King Cyrus

Why Trump — and some of his followers — believe he is the Chosen One - Religion News Service

So you've given up denying the premise of the thread?

Excellent.

8.Since Sorel, the use of lies….myths….to manipulate the masses has always been the mode for the Left’s pseudo-religions.

The 'religion' that the Left created, ironically, tries to mimic the New Testament.

a. There were always subversive dwellers of Babylon, good at trading various commodities, polluting society with their abominations. Bourgeoisie, kulaks, Freemasons and cosmopolitans, and, always, Jews. Aided, of course, by Satanic forces, variously identified as capitalists, or Americans and their technology ( Heidegger’s Nazi interpretation) or the international Jewish conspiracy.

b. The reign of God, their God…the state, was always just ahead. The Age of the Proletariat (Bolsheviks and Stalinists); the resurrected Roman Empire (Fascists); the reign of Christ the King (Spanish Phalange); or a blond Aryan version of the Roman Empire, called the Third Reich (Nazis).

c. And the period of grace was going to be pure and perfect- cleansed of pollutants and abominations. Purity of unexploited labor (Bolsheviks and Stalinists); purity of Roman Grandeur (Fascists); the purity of Catholic virtue (Phalange); or the biological purity of Aryan blood (Nazis). And, always, to last for a thousand years: a perfect society- no flaws, no competition, no turmoil.

d. Of course, for all of the movements, it would be a one-party, unchallenged state, representing the final unity of mankind.

e. And the leader…a superman, a genius of geniuses, the one predicted by history, godlike- thrilling his worshipful followers… perhaps establishing a new religion….

f. Always, before the reign, there was going to be the war of Armageddon- the exterminating bloodbath! The class war (Bolsheviks and Stalinists); the Crusade (Fascists); of the race war (Nazis).

Revelation 19:21 “And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse,…”

Paul Berman, “Terror And Liberalism”

41w4XQ9SqoL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

-- Daily Kos

View attachment 280533

:clap:

Opinion | Why Trump Reigns as King Cyrus

Why Trump — and some of his followers — believe he is the Chosen One - Religion News Service

So you've given up denying the premise of the thread?

Excellent.

The premise being you cutting and pasting a bunch of moronic bullshit? I don't deny that at all.

Forum List

Back