Doctors Refused This Thug a Heart Transplant – Until Accused of Racism. It All Ended Badly Yesterday

One solution to this is to increase the number of donor organs. Since there are so many needing organs compared to those willing to donate, each transplant means multiple people did NOT get a transplant. Increasing the number of donated organs reduces the "you don't deserve it" argument. So do it already, go to the DMV and put the little heart on your driver's license. You won't need it then, anyway.

You do realize that doctors won't sign the organ donor card, right?

Because they don't want some ER doc that knows they're donors deciding to just harvest instead of working really hard to save them.
That is false. There are TWO teams of doctors, and the transplant team does NOT treat patients. They are only called in when the ER doctor (who is doing everything he/she can to keep the patient alive) determines that the patient is brain dead. That is a popular myth, but only a myth.

What a shame that someone else had to wait or possibly lost their life while this thug received a heart. That is exactly why they have a profile for the intended recipient. This wasn't about race, it was about life style. I hope this hospital learned their lesson.

Did the TV station and News show do a follow up show after catering to the thug and his mother finally getting the hospital to give this boy the heart? Did they show viewers that he shot an elderly woman and was killed in a high speed crash in a stolen car? Did they apologize for interfering with hospital business? Bet not.

Can't review life histories of transplant recipiants. Open that can of worms and what criteria will you then use? Criminal record? Which crimes? Political affiliation? Membership in organizations?

Sucks when this happens (wasted a good heart) but it's what has to happen to keep the process of selection fair.
Yup

Because they don't want some ER doc that knows they're donors deciding to just harvest instead of working really hard to save them.

Absolutely false. I practice emergency medicine and "harvesting organs" is always the last thing on myind during a resuscitation. The organ transplant team isn't called until I declare you dead, and THEY make the decisions atvthat time....I have nothing else to do with it.

Get your facts straight and stop spreading stupid rumors.

The scary thing is that if Obama needed a new heart thousands of liberals would hang themselves in public to provide.

No, not thousands.

TENS of thousands.

And that's just the upside......

Absolutely false. I practice emergency medicine and "harvesting organs" is always the last thing on myind during a resuscitation. The organ transplant team isn't called until I declare you dead, and THEY make the decisions atvthat time....I have nothing else to do with it.

I congratulate you on your ER custodial job. You must be proud.

Meanwhile, I got that particular *fact* from my niece, who is a practicing ER doc (and not an organ donor).

BTW, the term "brain dead" is a legal fiction. People who are *brain dead* can and do return to normal function.

I congratulate you on your ER custodial job. You must be proud.

Meanwhile, I got that particular *fact* from my niece, who is a practicing ER doc (and not an organ donor).

BTW, the term "brain dead" is a legal fiction. People who are *brain dead* can and do return to normal function.

Practicing EM does not equal "custodial job". Apparently your niece got more than her fair share of the family brain trust....at your expense.

Yes, every once in a great while "brain dead" people wake up. This happens often enough that it makes international news so we hear about each and every case.

Bottom line - ED providers have absolutely nothing to do with organ harvesting . Please do not get ANY medical advice from the internet, especially from anyone at this site. See your trained and licensed MD/DO/PA/NP.

I smoke. I need new lungs. What? I can't have some? WTF not? BIGOTS!
Meanwhile..when done with the transplant, make sure a pack of cigs is on my bedtable cuz I'm gonna need one as soon as I can get outta this hospital bed.

Same thing. Give the damn lungs to someone that will appreciate them.

Doctors Refused This Thug a Heart Transplant - Until Accused of Racism - It All Ended BadlyTop Right News
A Black teenager who was initially denied a heart transplant because of his criminal record – but who was granted one after a media outcry over “racism” – was killed after committing a home invasion armed robbery, less than two years later.

A masked Anthony Stokes broke into the home of an 81-year old woman in Roswell, Georgia on Tuesday afternoon, firing shots at the woman in a failed robbery attempt.
>government and kind people gave you a chance to "live your life again"
>you're still commit crimes
>firing shots at the woman in a failed robbery attempt.
Only i think that's something wrong with this guy?!

Hopefully the heart is savable so they can put it in a more deserving person.

What a shame that someone else had to wait or possibly lost their life while this thug received a heart. That is exactly why they have a profile for the intended recipient. This wasn't about race, it was about life style. I hope this hospital learned their lesson.

Did the TV station and News show do a follow up show after catering to the thug and his mother finally getting the hospital to give this boy the heart? Did they show viewers that he shot an elderly woman and was killed in a high speed crash in a stolen car? Did they apologize for interfering with hospital business? Bet not.

Can't review life histories of transplant recipiants. Open that can of worms and what criteria will you then use? Criminal record? Which crimes? Political affiliation? Membership in organizations?

Sucks when this happens (wasted a good heart) but it's what has to happen to keep the process of selection fair.

Absolutely yes. Someone with an extensive criminal background is NOT deserving of any organ. Period.

I am still glad that they gave the boy a new heart. You never know what that boy would have done with his Life.

Also, all these people hatin' and judgin' him based on his "criminal" behavior... Wtf. You don't know the circumstances or motivation behind his "criminal" actions.

In my opinion, a "criminal" is no less deserving of organ transplants than any other human. So what if he wasn't a "good" little indoctrinated worker ant. So what.

Actually, it wouldn't be a bad idea to harvest organs from scumbags sitting on death row. They are gonna die anyway. Why not use their parts?

Actually, it wouldn't be a bad idea to harvest organs from scumbags sitting on death row. They are gonna die anyway. Why not use their parts?

That's a slippery slope that no one should advocate for. That leads to Chinese style criminal justice where if they decide they need your organs they sentence you to death so they can get them easier. On the other hand, if the condemned wishes to donate them then I would certainly let them enjoy more privileges before their final hour.

I am still glad that they gave the boy a new heart. You never know what that boy would have done with his Life.

Also, all these people hatin' and judgin' him based on his "criminal" behavior... Wtf. You don't know the circumstances or motivation behind his "criminal" actions.

In my opinion, a "criminal" is no less deserving of organ transplants than any other human. So what if he wasn't a "good" little indoctrinated worker ant. So what.

Oh, I think we know enough to make that sort of decision. We're not mental cripples like you.

Absolutely yes. Someone with an extensive criminal background is NOT deserving of any organ. Period.

HOw "extensive" was this kid's record?

Hell, let's go the next step. If you aren't deserving of a transplant organ because you aren't "deserving', why not harvest organs from criminals in prison? I mean, they've obviously screwed up their own lives, why not give someone else a shot?

This kid got a second chance. He blew his second chance. Most people do. Some live long enough to blow third and fourth chances. That's called "life".

I guarantee, if your child was the one who did not get the heart, and died because of it, and this pos did, your attitude would be very different.

Actually, it was race....since he was black, and had the right pressure groups attacking the doctors, he got the heart...had he been Chinese American, or Japanese American....never would have gotten that heart with that background........

Hell, let's go the next step. If you aren't deserving of a transplant organ because you aren't "deserving', why not harvest organs from criminals in prison? I mean, they've obviously screwed up their own lives, why not give someone else a shot?

This kid got a second chance. He blew his second chance. Most people do. Some live long enough to blow third and fourth chances. That's called "life".

See the post above yours for my answer to that.

He was a juvenile so his record is concealed from us but he was wearing a ankle monitor when he was admitted to hospital. We do know that he had an extensive criminal record by the time he was 15. Here's your hero....

anthony-stokes.jpg

Forum List

Back