Doctor to Be Sentenced for Giving Chemo to Cancer-Free Patients

Predatory medicine is very common in oncology. Dr. Fata might have had a balloon payment due on his vacation house.

And then there's just plain old mistakes due to the fact that you doctor thinks he's smarter than he actually is, or he's been working 16 hour shifts for two weeks, or he doesn't want to be sued on the 1 in 100 chance that a tumor is cancerous, or he's drunk and/or addicted to pharmaceuticals.

Doctors are very adept at locating tumors, but terrible at identifying the dangerous ones. Your doctor is just a guy who had the money to go to med school and was good at passing tests. He isn't necessarily skilled in solving medical mysteries.

How are people so willing to destroy the retirement accounts of thousands of people so they can profit? Horrible people with opportunities will do horrible things
A certain percentage of the population are sociopaths. There are entire hospital chains designed to rip people off (and taxpayers).

It unbelievable what people do for money, esp when they are able and are making a good living to begin with.

Where were the radiologist reports, labs and or biopsies to verify the cancer conditions . Everyone should get at least a second opinion and take their reports and films with them.

We just really can't trust anybody now days.

So long as healthcare is a for-profit industry, there will be a financial incentive to do this sort of thing. Hint hint. :)

Sick story. Messed some people up real bad as well as taking them to the cleaners, and insurance companies. He got away with it because he talked them out of getting a second opinion.

Reminds me of this KC Pharmacist.

"Mr. Courtney, a man worth more than $10 million, told investigators he cut the drugs' strength ''out of greed,'' according to court papers filed today by prosecutors. They said he admitted he began diluting drug potency in November 2000 and stepped up the deception from March through May of this year.

the pharmacist was charged with diluting the cancer chemotherapy medicine he dispensed. Federal investigators say hundreds of cancer patients may have received treatment that was drastically weaker than what their doctors had intended."

There was another doctor in Las Vegas maiming & killing patients on an unimaginable scale. That he got away with it for so long speaks of third world toilet healthcare right here.

It's called greed. The real crime here is that he got away with it for so long
My question is what made him think that he had any real shot at getting away with it permanently?

God bless you and his victims always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, doctors like this one are not doing the other doctors in this world a favor. If one is like this, how many others like this are out there if any?

My question is what made him think that he had any real shot at getting away with it permanently?

Holly

P.S. To me, doctors like this one are not doing the other doctors in this world a favor. If one is like this, how many others like this are out there if any?

Big Oil, GM & DuPont got away with lying & poisoning the entire country with lead for 50 years.

i have been pondering this....i get several reports....i can see the tumors ...well i cant but hubby goes with me and watching the screen..but then i get a pathology report...there would have to be a few more than just the doctor in on this...i am curious how he pulled this off.....

Holly

Big Oil, GM & DuPont got away with lying & poisoning the entire country with lead for 50 years.

Yup

Holly

Very sad indeed

45 years in the slammer with no chance for parole. Pretty much a life sentence.

I wonder if they've seized his assets, or are in the process of doing so?

Doctor Farid Fata to Be Sentenced for Giving Chemo to Healthy Patients Fox News Insider
I can't believe in this story. America is getting more crazy every day.
How could a man who assumably knows the consequences of giving chemo to a non-cancer patient do so willingly, and over 500 times to boot? What a monster.

The healthcare system is crazy. The whole system of you pay someone, who makes a profit, who then pays someone else leads to a complete lack of sensibility when it comes to paying for medical treatment. "I'll just let the insurance pay for it", as if the insurance company is actually paying for. Hell, you're paying for it.

It's a crazy system because doctors can be bribed by pharmaceutical companies so the doctor will give you the more expensive drug even if the cheapest drug will do.

It's a crazy system all round, estimates are that 3% of US GDP goes down the toilet in healthcare corruption (but seeing how corruption has been institutionalised in DC and in the healthcare industry, it's not called corruption any more.)

Forum List

Back