Do you understand how the Fed increases and decreases the money supply?

Do you know how the Federal Reserve increases and decreases the money supply?

• Yes, I understand how it works

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No, I know they do it but don't know how they do it

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I would like to know but have not dug into it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care/not worried about it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
Finished The Creature from Jekyll Island by Griffin, about the history of the Federal Reserve. I did not know the mechanisms the Fed uses to increase and decrease the money supply. I think a lot of people know a primary way to increase the money supply is when the Fed buys Treasury bonds (US government debt). A lot follows on from that. Curious how many people here say they know how it works.

This is just a pulse check. My sense is that the whole thing is mysterious to the vast majority of Americans - by design.

Finished The Creature from Jekyll Island by Griffin, about the history of the Federal Reserve. I did not know the mechanisms the Fed uses to increase and decrease the money supply. I think a lot of people know a primary way to increase the money supply is when the Fed buys Treasury bonds (US government debt). A lot follows on from that. Curious how many people here say they know how it works.

This is just a pulse check. My sense is that the whole thing is mysterious to the vast majority of Americans - by design.
How could they know?

Americans don't even know what a woman is.

Finished The Creature from Jekyll Island by Griffin, about the history of the Federal Reserve.

Couldn't finish that error filled waste of time.

What are you talking about? You are the only one in this thread bolding your text. Why are you doing that?

1690076267842.png

DURR

What about Finished The Creature from Jekyll Island by Griffin, about the history of the Federal Reserve.

Copy that too? It wasn't bolded.

DURR

Quit being a drama queen and just make the selection and go ahead and comment like a normal person.

Copy that too? It wasn't bolded.

I did copy it. I bolded it to distinguish your comments from mine.

It certainly is confusing to you by the looks of yer OP.

Impressive group! Anyone want to quickly explain how the Fed reduces the money supply?

Forum List

Back