Do you support unions?

• Yes and I am a Republican

• Yes and I am an independent

• Yes and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Republican

• No and I am an independent

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is never an easy answer. Municipal unions might be a good idea or they might result in the bankruptcy of small municipalities while they bankroll slick union leaders. .
Public employee unions are a bad thing. They have an incestuous relationship with the politicians and both work for each other's benefit at the cost of the taxpayer.

Stagnant.
College Means Nothing More Than Buying a Job

Many college graduates, especially in dumbo courses like Business Administration, have a 6th-grader's knowledge of grammar, history, and logic. Those Dogberts start out in management and cause all our economic decline, while even the lowest worker knows more than they do, because he spent those four years in the business itself instead of listening to irrelevant theory in college classrooms.

Employers should instead pick out the smartest plebeian workers and pay them to learn whatever is useful in management. The class-biased indentured servitude of the present college education is the problem, but it never gets blamed. So our economic decline will continue.

The epitaph of American capitalism will be: TO GET A GOOD JOB, GET A GOOD EDUCATION. Notice it doesn't say: TO DO A GOOD JOB, GET A GOOD EDUCATION. Most students only study for the grade, not for any practical value in learning the subject matter.

Many college graduates, especially in dumbo courses like Business Administration, have a 6th-grader's knowledge of grammar, history, and logic. Those Dogberts start out in management and cause all our economic decline, while even the lowest worker knows more than they do, because he spent those four years in the business itself instead of listening to irrelevant theory in college classrooms.

Employers should instead pick out the smartest plebeian workers and pay them to learn whatever is useful in management. The class-biased indentured servitude of the present college education is the problem, but it never gets blamed. So our economic decline will continue.

The epitaph of American capitalism will be: TO GET A GOOD JOB, GET A GOOD EDUCATION. Notice it doesn't say: TO DO A GOOD JOB, GET A GOOD EDUCATION. Most students only study for the grade, not for any practical value in learning the subject matter.
Did you go to college?

Slave owners said the same. Then there was a war..
Lincoln Sent Americans Off to Kill Their Fellow Americans on Behalf of Africans

That Republican war's purpose was to replace unionizing White workers up North with freed and grateful Afram workers. It didn't work out, because the dopey savages couldn't make the Robber Barons a profit even at low wages. Today, the Right is making the same mistake by secretly supporting Mexican replacement workers.

Kinda reminds me of my sister. She works at a hospital in the food department. She got a college degree but not a big enough one to move up. So when her boss quits, they have to hire another one with a higher degree and she has to train them to do the job. In some cases they are as dumb as an ox and constantly texting or calling my sister for help because of something they can't figure out or do.

Kinda reminds me of my sister. She works at a hospital in the food department. She got a college degree but not a big enough one to move up. So when her boss quits, they have to hire another one with a higher degree and she has to train them to do the job. In some cases they are as dumb as an ox and constantly texting or calling my sister for help because of something they can't figure out or do.
In my profession sometimes an LPN can train RNs and MDs about the mechanics of a procedure, but not the foundational knowledge of the procedure. For example an LPN might be able to perform a perfect cath and demonstrate the perfect sterile technique to the MD's and RNs watching and train them how to do it. But still, the LPN did not understand the theory, just the technique.

I believe that over 95% of America supports unions. But I wonder if that was the case in the 1940s or maybe it has changed today. I want to be able to convince as many people as possible here that unions are pro American, they are pro Christian they are pro traditions. They are pro civil liberties, they are pro second amendment, they are pro police and pro firefighters and pro military.

Yes there are corrupt union leaders yes they are corrupt teachers, yes there are corrupt police officers, yes there are corrupt members of the NAACP, yes there are corrupt members of the United States government. There’s corruption in every country in the world. America stands out as the most liberal and free country at all of human history. Our middle class, our military , and our economy is the best in the world because of American greatness, Because of our glorious victory in World War II where we saved the free world with our brave Soviet , Chinese and British allies ….and because of the steel workers and United States military, and the will of the American men and women through history…they all made our country great and glorious.

Rather than going to a very long post as I often do I’ll make this as short as possible. I can’t think of a better image and video to show then the one below. Because after all all of the conservatives here who say they love America who say they stand by the Second Amendment, who they who say they stand by family, Christianity and American traditions I only ask you to just look briefly at the following video because the very people you aspire to be …well they are the men and the women of the following video. The steel workers of the following video who contributed to World War II who fought in World War II. Who fought in the Vietnam war who came home and who were able to get a steel job that set them for life. I can’t think of anything else to bring forward to prove my point gentlemen and ladies. I can’t think of anything else other than this. These were and are unionized workers these are steel workers.

That is patriotism^

The power of American steel we see that above. The power of American greatness in manufacturing we see this above. Our bridges are roads, our road signs and so much more come from steel. Just the term “American steel” sounds so awesome and strong.

No.

Unions were created because workers were being used and abused. Terrible working conditions, no benefits, being forced to work over, unsafe conditions and so on. They were an amazing thing back then because it forced companies to be better or they lost tons of money. Even back then if you didn't want to join one you run a good risk of getting a black eye or a broken arm.

But now we have osha, we have state and federal laws enacted over the entire country, we have minimum wage, people wronged by a company can very easily hold them accountable in court, individuals wronged have more direct access to news sources and so on. And now it's easier than ever to find another job if you truly hate yours that much, you can pull out your phone and see hundreds of job listings in a few minutes, even all over the country and the world.

Unions are no longer needed. The vast majority of unions now exist as a business model and nothing else because they aren't needed as stated above. If a union gets voted in anyone who doesn't want to be a part of it doesn't get a choice. If you don't sign up and pay union dues you either get the shittiest hours or they cut your time. Unions are paid by the people they represent, that's how they make their money. The workers pay the union out of their check in the form of union dues so everytime a union "fights for better pay" they really fight for more money for themselves. Unions are in business to make money, they don't do it out of the goodness of their heart.

Now everytime you hear about unions it's Starbucks or Amazon because it's kids that work menial jobs and instead of working towards better jobs they want a skilled labor wage for non skilled labor work so unions sucker them in with promises of all kinds of stuff.

The only unions I support are police unions because cops are constantly under assault and need that extra backup. They are essential to our society, catch the most shit and don't get paid very well. But all other unions can go spit.

Unions are romanticized a lot.

No.

Unions were created because workers were being used and abused. Terrible working conditions, no benefits, being forced to work over, unsafe conditions and so on. They were an amazing thing back then because it forced companies to be better or they lost tons of money. Even back then if you didn't want to join one you run a good risk of getting a black eye or a broken arm.

But now we have osha, we have state and federal laws enacted over the entire country, we have minimum wage, people wronged by a company can very easily hold them accountable in court, individuals wronged have more direct access to news sources and so on. And now it's easier than ever to find another job if you truly hate yours that much, you can pull out your phone and see hundreds of job listings in a few minutes, even all over the country and the world.

Unions are no longer needed. The vast majority of unions now exist as a business model and nothing else because they aren't needed as stated above. If a union gets voted in anyone who doesn't want to be a part of it doesn't get a choice. If you don't sign up and pay union dues you either get the shittiest hours or they cut your time. Unions are paid by the people they represent, that's how they make their money. The workers pay the union out of their check in the form of union dues so everytime a union "fights for better pay" they really fight for more money for themselves. Unions are in business to make money, they don't do it out of the goodness of their heart.

Now everytime you hear about unions it's Starbucks or Amazon because it's kids that work menial jobs and instead of working towards better jobs they want a skilled labor wage for non skilled labor work so unions sucker them in with promises of all kinds of stuff.

The only unions I support are police unions because cops are constantly under assault and need that extra backup. They are essential to our society, catch the most shit and don't get paid very well. But all other unions can go spit.

Those are interesting points and certainly very worthy. Now I would add that if you support police unions you probably also support correctional officers unions. With all the nonsense they have to put up with from Black Lives Matter prisoners. Trust me it’s a serious thing now it’s not like it was back in the 80s the 90s even 10 years ago now because of the BLM nonsense a lot of prison guards are telling me it’s a lot tougher to do their job.

It’s even getting close to the prisoners running the prison.

I get where you’re coming from when you’re talking about how you need her needed in the past. They certainly were back in those days the men and women had to literally fight for their rights. They pave the way for Americans to try and be a strong as they can physically and mentally generations later. Even with all the racism we hear from BLM in the far left wing media against white people I give so much credit to the proud white men and black men who formed the united auto workers back in the 1930s.

You said it yourself there’s nothing worse than a scab or someone who tried to cross a picket line in the early 20th century in America. And you better believe that some of those folks were immigrants they didn’t know any better though…. the employers were taking advantage of new immigrants and trying to use them to be scabs to take away human rights to take away a good paying job from American citizens. And the American people fought back against it …nobody dared to cross the picket line back in those days oh and those that did had to learn the hard way…it was when our country had dignity and honor. And many immigrants learned and they were joined and became great American citizens

So you know what you’re talking about and you know that we used to have sweat shops here in America were children were employed working 10 hours a day, we had men working 1012 hrs. a day no overtime pay working in brutal conditions people were dying on the jobs and I’m glad that you recognize this was happening in the late 19th century and early 20th century and it was a unions at and non union people too just standing up for American prosperity and American freedom. Those people helped to bring us the eight hour workday, they helped bring us overtime pay things that we have to this very day because of those that came before us.

I’m not a big fan of Starbucks or Amazon in general. Or Walmart for that matter…

But in talking with a UPS workers for example one guy from Colorado a friend of mine told me he’s very happy with the Teamsters union there … he has a good wage they’re getting like $30 an hour to start… mind you Denver Colorado is a high cost of living…. so it’s not necessarily that much but the thing is they’re getting time and a half for overtime and on certain holidays they get double time pay. And the union dues are very low

Now we’re probably in agreement that the leader of the teachers union of America is a disgrace, she was up there talking about taking away the Second Amendment from Americans and I’m thinking of myself what the hell kind of a union leader talks like that. Because if they would’ve tried that back in the 1920s or 1950s it would’ve never worked out. back in those days are country was so much better

Last edited:
No.

Saying That the Rich Create Jobs Is Like Saying That Vampires Create Blood

American sheep are brought up to be the property of their employers, or else they'd be outraged about the demand that college requires their own sacrifice, not their employers' sacrifice and investment in those of the youngest generation who have the most potential (as baseball owners have been forced to do solely because high-school athletes have far more pride than the other students, especially those who have superior mental potential). That's why Americans born in the working class have been humiliated enough to not join unions, which is made to seem like theft of the employers' earnings.

Richkids like Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and Ted Turner were brought up to be bosses. So they start businesses of their own, for that reason only, not because they have some special initiative and drive that makes them superior to their contemporaries.

Last edited:
Saying That the Rich Create Jobs Is Like Saying That Vampires Create Blood
More%20BS%20than-XL-S.jpg

Forum List

Back