Do you consider western europe as a extension of america?

I live in a western european country, and I think it is nearly the same as america, you will have halloween parties, you will have santa, coke, mcdonalds, sushi, and everything. Even a own local league of american football. Superbowl in the US is live on TV. And majority speak english. Maybe only very very old people dont as they learned french in school, now everyone speaks english under 60.

Was always amazed how many people spoke English in western European countries, thank God. Heck Mort, i could introduce you to some born in the USA, you might have trouble understanding, speaking their own native tongue. Few people speak a foreign language here as a second language, though not unusual to see shop keepers in large European cities talking multiple customers fluently in multiple languages as natural a falling off a log and more easily understood than some of those here I spoke of. Haven't been over since the 90s but there was a lot of difference back then.

Why would you think God for Europeans speaking English?
God doesn't exist and they do have schools.
We have schools because the people who believe in god and trust in the abilities of his children made the schools and universities.

I think you'll find the government built the schools and universities and at the time, God was not in the equation.
Stop trying to link everything on earth as a direct consequence of a god that has never existed.

You belief about the not-existence of god is for me not interesting. Clerics and citizens were over long centuries the motor for education in schools and universities in Europe. Not so others as for example nobels (=political elites) and military.

Mindful

Did you delete posts here?

No. Why?
I miss some. Where is this little discussion we had about colonies from my German point of view?
And if you don't mind, tell us about "Germanification" of Germany - when and how "Bühnenaussprache" was invented, and how "Hochdeutsch" was forced to become one state language of all Germans.

"Hochdeutsch" (~German of the Highlanders) was made from Martin Luther in one of the first mass-printings of the beginning information age between 1522 - 1545 in the "Biblia Deudsch". Indeed it was not the "German of the Highlanders", because this were the Bavarian languages and the Alleman and Swabian (=Sueben) languages in the South of German, Bavaria and Austria. It was a combination of German dialects from the middle of Germany. It became over schools the standard language in Germany for administration, science and arts . Meanwhile speak the most Germans "Hochdeutsch" in their daily life and if someone uses the word "deutsch" then nearly everyone thinks about "hochdeutsch". But indeed still exists many dialects from the German language. Well known is for example in the North of Germany "Platt". English and Platt have lots of common elements.

Well they all speak English where I live.
Who speaks English where you live?

Germans, and all the rest.

Amongst other languages, I don’t even know what they are.

I never speak English.

Don't you live in Krautland? Why would you?
Why exactly do you try to insult me and my country now?

Because you are always posting hate America shit and you don't deserve respect.

One example for this what you call "hate American shit" please. And if anyone has lots of reason to hate the USA then it are by the way we Germans - although I never met any German, who hates the USA. But never in history Germany did do anything bad to the USA - while the USA damaged Germany most of all nations, which ever had existed since Germans exist. And the ideas or imaginations of the people from the USA about Germany are really often more than only absurde.
Well, you did sink the Lusitania, a passenger ship with 128 Americans on board during WWL

That was only an accident. They tried to stop and to control the Lusitania but the Lusitania sank because your own weapons and explosive material exploded, which you had transported with the civil ship Lusitania to the United Kingdom. Perhaps you had murdered even your own people by trying to hide this war crime. You had started the war with Germany a long time before this had happened - without any declaration of war - by delivering illegally weapons to England with civil ships like for example the Lusitania.

Soon after you resumed sinking American ships on route to Britain which brought the US into the war. A rather stupid thing to do.

From the USA.

Hitler did declare war on the US after the Japs attacked Pearl Harbour.

What was totally unimportant for the USA, because Hitler was not able to attack the USA.

An even more stupid thing to do.
And American troops were not too impressed with what they found at Dachau concentration camp.

What did they find at Dachau concentration camp?

In fact, so incensed were they that they brought many of the guards out and shot them.

Why?

until the top brass arrived.

Do you like to say here your soldiers "executed" (=murdered) people in Germany without any order to have to do so?

Germany is not many people's favorite,

Exactly.

much because of the two world wars and the language sounds awful especially when sung.

Aha. Interesting brainwash, little grandson.

I know this Haltstelle. I have often the Straßenbahn from there taken. It is in front of Aufstehenstraße 26.

That was only an accident. They tried to stop and to control the Lusitania but the Lusitania sank because your own weapons and explosive material exploded, which you had transported with the civil ship Lusitania to the United Kingdom. Perhaps you had murdered even your own people by trying to hide this war crime. You had started the war with Germany a long time before this had happened - without any declaration of war - by delivering illegally weapons to England with civil ships like for example the Lusitania.
This is true. Germany did not sink the Lusitania. Its own contraband cargo sank it.

papersisters-Postkarte-German-Composersr807M8FGtww8x_600x600.jpg

The only German song I like.

My favorite German TV show

My favourite movie.

I don’t watch German TV anymore.

It’s crap.

Best German beer? I drink this, the restaurant next to where I live has this.... was opened in 1865 by German Americans and it is still going well.
img3535.png

This also
Weihenstephan_Hefe-Weissbier-11.2oz.jpg

No, no, no! "Was trinken wir? Schultheiss Bier!"

Schultheiss.jpg

It’s crap.

Best German beer? I drink this, the restaurant next to where I live has this.... was opened in 1865 by German Americans and it is still going well.
img3535.png

This also

View attachment 488747

This what the restaurant here offers, so pick the best of the list.
Aecht Schlenkerla Märzen
Bamburg, Germany (5.1%)
$7
Andechs Doppelbock
Andechs, Germany (7.1%)
$7
Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock
Aying, Germany (6.7%)
$4
Jever Pilsener
Jever, Germany (4.9%)
$4
Krombacher Dark Schwarzbier
Krombach, Germany (4.7%)
$5
Paulaner Salvator Doppelbock
Munich, Germany (7.9%)
$5
Riegele Privat Lager
Augsburg, Germany (5.2%)
$5
Schofferhofer Grapefruit Radler
Frankfurt, Germany (2.5%)
$4
St. Pauli Girl Lager
Bremen, Germany (5.0%)
$5
Weihenstephan Hefeweizen
Munich, Germany (5.4%)
$7
Weihenstephan Korbinian Doppelbock
Munich, Germany (7.4%)
$5
Weihenstephan Vitus Weizenbock
Munich, Germany (7.7%)
$7
Weihenstephan Kristall Wheat
Munich, Germany (5.4%)

It’s crap.

img3535.png

This also

View attachment 488747

This what the restaurant here offers, so pick the best of the list.
Aecht Schlenkerla Märzen
Bamburg, Germany (5.1%)
$7
Andechs Doppelbock
Andechs, Germany (7.1%)
$7
Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock
Aying, Germany (6.7%)
$4
Jever Pilsener
Jever, Germany (4.9%)
$4
Krombacher Dark Schwarzbier
Krombach, Germany (4.7%)
$5
Paulaner Salvator Doppelbock
Munich, Germany (7.9%)
$5
Riegele Privat Lager
Augsburg, Germany (5.2%)
$5
Schofferhofer Grapefruit Radler
Frankfurt, Germany (2.5%)
$4
St. Pauli Girl Lager
Bremen, Germany (5.0%)
$5
Weihenstephan Hefeweizen
Munich, Germany (5.4%)
$7
Weihenstephan Korbinian Doppelbock
Munich, Germany (7.4%)
$5
Weihenstephan Vitus Weizenbock
Munich, Germany (7.7%)
$7
Weihenstephan Kristall Wheat
Munich, Germany (5.4%)

Best on this list? I choose Jever and Krombacher.

Forum List

Back