Zone1 Do you believe in Free Speech

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
This is a question mainly for so-called liberals.

Do you support free speech, meaning the government has no right to infringe on it, to censor you, or punish you for exercising your free speech rights? Or do you support censorship? Also, do you believe corporations should have no right to censor free speech, or should they be doing that? (This is separate from First Amendment, it is just the idea of free speech.)

For example: If someone says an election is stolen, would you defend the right of that person to say it? Or do you believe that person should be silenced, either by the government or a corporation?

Is It okay for it to be labeled “misinformation“ or to be banned entirely? Should the person even be allowed to say it?

Of Course then we get into who is actually labeling something “misinformation”, or making the decision to delete/ban/block such remarks. That is of course censorship. You cannot claim to support “free speech”, and support these things. So who gets to make the decision of what is misinformation or not? Must be someone wise. Perhaps we can call that person an “Oracle of Truth” or something.

For example, in 2016 Hillary Clinton said the election was stolen. That President Trump was “illegitimate“. That he only won because of “Russia collusion”.

Did she have the right to say these things? Should she have been banned off Twitter? Was her saying these things ”misinformation?” Was it a “threat to democracy?” Should she had been arrested for saying such things?

I don’t recall anyone on the right saying she should be banned off Twitter. No one demanded social media and news agencies call the claims “misinformation” or to delete them.. Instead, Republicans just laughed it off. It didn’t piss us off in the least, it was just pathetic. They ridiculed her for it.

Now look at how Dems react to President Trump saying an election was rigged. Suddenly this is called “misinformation”, and of course “a threat to democracy”. They fully support censorship of Donald Trump and even just random people on the internet. Now they have arrested him for practicing free speech.

How can one claim they support Free Speech if they support censorship?

Incredible, how ideological the American left has become. It is a threat to freedom and democracy. Not as bad as in Europe on the political level but worse on the societal level. They need to stop telling people what they can´t do and say. Rethink that all and realize this is not democratic because it is not about protection of minorities but a campaign against opinions.

This is why libertarianism needs to rise and topple cons and libs. You are closely resembling Canada in which both sides want increased state power the only difference is a matter of how it is ideologically delivered.

I absolutely support the right of anyone to say the election was stolen. I also support the right of people people to label it misinformation. It is all free speech.

However, when people go from speech to action, then it is no longer a free speech issue.

There is NO right to free speech on private property.

heh,
Our Gov could care less about our constitution , especially free speech

In fact they've done every backhanded deal they can to shut all you 'useless eaters' down , especially from looking up though the haze of utter collusion to realize you are no more than a tool

Sparky's nuts?
well you've the floor, define FREEDOM & prove me wrong

~S~

I absolutely support the right of anyone to say the election was stolen. I also support the right of people people to label it misinformation. It is all free speech.

However, when people go from speech to action, then it is no longer a free speech issue.

So is that why Trump is being indicted for saying the election was stolen?

:auiqs.jpg:

States can interpret their constitutions entirely as they wish. Meaning they could extend speech rights beyond the public and there is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about it.

States can interpret their constitutions entirely as they wish. Meaning they could extend speech rights beyond the public and there is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about it.
The Left will allow you governmental free speech all day, and then have their woke corporate goons fire you for it or censor you from it on social media, or just drag your name through the mud in the media.

The Left will allow you governmental free speech all day, and then have their woke corporate goons fire you for it or censor you from it on social media, or just drag your name through the mud in the media.
:safetocomeoutff: a corporatocracy has advantages,,,,,,,~S~

So is that why Trump is being indicted for saying the election was stolen?

:auiqs.jpg:

I do believe in free speech

but

There is no free speech left in the Banana Republic of the US when Trump can not speak his mind and say the election was stolen.....there is shit left.

I do.

but

There is no free speech left in the Banana Republic of the US when Trump can not speak his mind and say the election was stolen.....there is shit left.
Again, the DNC can say it, because they have in the past and they will in the future as no one blinks.

Again, the DNC can say it, because they have in the past and they will in the future as no one blinks.

North Korea seems to have more free speech that this totalitarian criminal Biden Administration.:mad:

But the lines can be blurred there.

When the government tells twitter to silence Trump supporters...that is no longer a private company acting alone.

It's the government suppressing free speech!

But the lines can be blurred there.

When the government tells twitter to silence Trump supporters...that is no longer a private company acting alone.

It's the government suppressing free speech!
If that occurs, then yes I agree, but I have seen no evidence of Trump supporters silenced because they are Trump supporters..

Forum List

Back