Do We Want Our Representatives To Vote By Intimidation?

Our elected officials are in the pockets of monied interests.

This is simply shining a light on how corrupt the corporate duopoly is….

The Democrat Party is a crazy cult that will not tolerate any dissension.
The Cult will primary Manchin and Sinema apostates in their next election.
Schumer is a real threat to our democracy.
If Schumer abolishes the filibuster and passes the HR1 bill it will give the corrupt far left extremist totalitarian cult permanent control.
America will become a one party police state like Venezuela.
People will starve and suffer.
Not so sure they will primary Manchin. He is a democrat from a red state. If they primary him the seat turns red instead of blue. Sinema will probably be primaried but, if the blue team is lucky, the challenger will lose because I don't know if the whole state of Arizona would vote in a socialsist. So, this seat would have a good chance of turning red from blue. For democrats this is a case of be careful what you wish for.

Most of the time, IMHO the senators and representatives vote according to what their constituents tell them AND they listen to their donors especially the big money ones. The pols on both sides realize where the dynamite is that'll get them kicked out of office and mostly they avoid it. Regarding the filibuster, I don't know what Sinema's people are telling her, maybe they're telling her that she doesn't have to run for re-election until 2024 and by then saving the filibuster may be the best thing for her career in the long run. Maybe they're telling her that Arizona is about to go Red and voting to end the filibuster will probably get her voted out of her job. Or maybe she just thinks that voting to keep the filibuster is the right thing to do even if she is otherwise a liberal democrat. Maybe she just doesn't like the obvious hypocrisy of the democratic party's staunch position against ending the filibuster when the GOP was is power but now they want it for themselves. Or maybe it's a combination of those possibilities.
I think she honestly and sincerely believes that both parties should pass bills, not just one party, and has the wisdom of knowing that the other side will get a turn and she wants to avoid that at all possible costs. It's actually rather stupid of the left, knowing that the midterms aren't going their way, to fight to do this. It's actually beyond stupid.

These people can't even adequately explain why they are working against their party and constituents. Betrayal will always have a political cost.
Ummmmmmmmmm, Sinema comes from a purple state and Manchin comes from a red state. Do you want them to represent their constituents or the democratic party?

Our elected officials are in the pockets of monied interests.

This is simply shining a light on how corrupt the corporate duopoly is….
I think that if we had a 3rd, 4th, or however many political entities out there, they would all or almost all be in the pockets of monied interests. Politicians are going to fight for the interests of the big corps in their districts and states regardless of which party they belong to, or the special interest groups they or their state aligns with. What I'm saying is, corruption is a people thing as much as a party thing. And I don't think it'll ever go away no matter how many political parties there are, and I also think the best way to reduce the problem is to reduce the size of gov't and it's spending as much as possible.

Forum List

Back