Zone1 Do threads die naturally

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t making a point at all.

If a person is murdered at the hands of a person, it may be a homicide or it may be a suicide.

If a thread is slaughtered at the hands of a person, it might be by another or by the original poster. The closest I came to making a point, here, is that sometimes we don’t know if a death is homicide or suicide.
I had assumed you were making a reference to arkencide.

I am pleased to see you take the liberty to express your political resentment of me. That's one of the perks of being a lefty. You can freely insult your political opponents and derail threads.
He’s not a lefty, you silly boy.

I understand your perception of what is going on with me and censorship, considering how little you can actually see of what is really going on. That's kind of how censorship works.

I invited flacaltenn several times on the current admin thread about what is going on right now, to open it to the public, but it doesn't look like that will be happening.
Dude, you're pretty much a dingleberry on the ass end of a doosh bucket.

Had to look back at the thread title to see what it was about with all the thread derailing going on.

Do threads die naturally on this site? From what I can tell, the mods are only deleting posts or closing threads, but the comments from the mods tell me that there is something not right, like maybe there is some censorship going on that we don't know about. When it's hard to squeeze an answer out of a lefty and then the answer is buried in red herrings, there is usually something more in play.

Censorship is typically done from the cover of darkness and anonymity, and is slimy in nature. This means we should always be suspicious of the censorship team.

Had to look back at the thread title to see what it was about with all the thread derailing going on.

Do threads die naturally on this site? From what I can tell, the mods are only deleting posts or closing threads, but the comments from the mods tell me that there is something not right, like maybe there is some censorship going on that we don't know about. When it's hard to squeeze an answer out of a lefty and then the answer is buried in red herrings, there is usually something more in play.

Censorship is typically done from the cover of darkness and anonymity, and is slimy in nature. This means we should always be suspicious of the censorship team.
It means 12 other things too.

See if you can figure them out.

The staff on this site has only one power, and that is the use of censorship. They can use this power to keep spam bots and outsiders out, or they can turn their power against the members. Either way, the ONLY power they have is censorship, so this is the only thing you will ever see them do. Even if they try to hide what they do with their power, they can only use MORE censorship to hide it.

Here is the post I made that was recently censored and for which I was prevented from posting for a week.

"Did you mean to say, "When dealing with a high school dropout, one has to keep it simple"? It does not appear that your grammar Nazi uniform fits you particularly well."

All the animals are free here, but some are a LOT more free than others.

Here is the post I made that was recently censored and for which I was prevented from posting for a week.

"Did you mean to say, "When dealing with a high school dropout, one has to keep it simple"? It does not appear that your grammar Nazi uniform fits you particularly well."

While I may be the most censored member of this site, I've never had anything I've posted be quantified and matched up with a rule that I broke. Alleging trolling is a loophole that mods have to interpret anything they want to as trolling, but I've never had any of those allegations quantified either. Censorship is not about rules.

What is important is that we know the difference between the rules and exploitation of the rules. The rules of this site are fair, and they make the community a better place. Exploitation of the rules to control the narrative is a different story.

While I may be the most censored member of this site, I've never had anything I've posted be quantified and matched up with a rule that I broke. Alleging trolling is a loophole that mods have to interpret anything they want to as trolling, but I've never had any of those allegations quantified either. Censorship is not about rules.

What is important is that we know the difference between the rules and exploitation of the rules. The rules of this site are fair, and they make the community a better place. Exploitation of the rules to control the narrative is a different story.
What I have found is a general ignorance of the very meaning of the word "trolling".

To troll in fishing is to cast a wide net hoping to catch whatever is out there. Similarly, to troll in internet parlance is to post intentionally provocative material in hopes if enflaming people so they respond. Opening posts too often act to troll, yet they are calling the responses TO the trolling by that name. These responses may be in the form of flaming, but there is a direct cause and effect involved such that the flaming is actually the response desired by the trolling.

Too often, the moderation acts to SUPPORT the trolling because only those who respond to it are censored. This is exactly what the troll hopes to accomplish in the first place.

I believe it sucks to serve as a moderator. And nobody likes getting a mod sanction. The notice they provide when handing out a week’s worth of banishment doesn’t even indicate what the specific post was much less what the actual reason for the sanction was. It just says some shit about “rules violation.”

And you can’t even seek an appeal during the ban time because you can’t log in even to inquire about the alleged violation. (That’s more of a procedural denial of fairness, though.)

I believe that mods should issue bans only very rarely. Like a cop pulling over an alleged speeding motorist, they should have discretion to just say “ah fuck it. No citation this time.”

But their odd little “points” system is also a problem. If a mod sends a private message (apparently deemed a “warning,” it gets on your record. Acquire too many “warnings” (regardless of whether they’re actually warranted) and a ban drops automatically.

No system is perfect. But this one needs a few tweaks. (Not twerks.)

And once again you have to lie and again break the rules.

No discussing specific moderation. Remember that rule? You should because you routinely break it as you did here, again. Since you did, and you opted NOT to pm a mod of your choice (again), then I’ll take it up with you, in public, here.

It looks like you left some pertinent information out of your complaint.

First, you neglected to mention the violation occurred in a CDZ thread. No flaming, no put downs, no insults.

Second, YOU and two other members (also given warnings) were the main contributors to a 26 post derailment of that thread.

Third, you are STILL here, and STILL violating the rules, maybe you are right. Some are more free than others.

This thread has run it’s course. Closed.

Neither of the two admins who have posted on this thread are willing to confirm or deny that posts can secretly be selectively blocked to secretary manipulate the outcome of a thread. Both of them have only one power that the rest of us do not have, which is the power to censor things.

My subjective opinion, based upon the replies from the mods on this thread and the radical new censorship campaign that underway, is that censorship IS being used this way on this site. Censorship is almost all done anonymously and is meant to deceive those who read the altered content, so I will assume that this is being done on this site. The only thing I really need to know in order to have the answer is if the software has the capability of doing what I am asking about, and that will give me the answer to what really happens here.
Do threads here all die naturally, or can mods secretly block certain posts to make threads die prematurely without the public knowing about censorship?
Threads, for the most part, die off when people stop posting in them. The only time mods 'lock' threads is when the thread topic is long lost, there is already a thread on the subject, the OP makes no effort to keep the thread on topic, the thread is posted in the wrong forum (after the OP has been schooled multiple times about posting threads in the correct area), and/or there are too many off-topic/flaming only/multiple broken rules in the thread to clean it up. More often than not, mods move threads to other areas in these cases: The Rubber Room, Flame Zone, and Badlands. The forum software does NOT have the ability to censor/deceive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back