Do the Taliban really forbid it?

TheParser

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2017
I was astonished to read that the Taliban reportedly forbid music.

Is that true?

Surely, music comes naturally to all human beings.

I was astonished to read that the Taliban reportedly forbid music.

Is that true?

Surely, music comes naturally to all human beings.

Yes, in extremist Islam music is forbidden.

These are not normal people, they're people who want to control everything and anything that people do. They claim God tells them.

It's a product of a religion getting more and more extreme.

It's not good. Then again the attacks against Islam by the British, the French, and then the US and the USSR didn't help, they turned Muslims more and more extreme. Look at Turkey, becoming more and more to the right because of Iraq and Syria and Turkey just getting fed up of bullyboy USA.

Music was forbidden in the early days of Islam because it was a time of war, and music was seen as a form of distraction. Today, because they are at war, the Taliban have gone back to the fundamentals of Islam and banned music.

Over the centuries the subject of whether music is allowed or forbidden has be an intense topic of debate between Islamic scholars and the different schools of Islamic thought. .... :cool:

Last edited:

These are not normal people, they're people who want to control everything and anything that people do. They claim God tells them.

It's not good. Then again the attacks against Islam by the British, the French, and then the US and the USSR didn't help, they turned Muslims more and more extreme. Look at Turkey, becoming more and more to the right because of Iraq and Syria and Turkey just getting fed up of bullyboy USA.
Not normal people?

Is that anyway to talk about people who will soon run your government?

BTW, the Taliban wants to know if you have any 15 year old daughters

Last edited:
ISIS also banned it, smashed instruments and so on.

But then they used music in their propaganda videos because they're hypocrites.

One thing that is good is that America isn't a theocracy like those Muslim countries, could you imagine what would happen if in America we started listening to the Religious Reich in America. The Religious right here says that God here tells them to outlaw equal rights for LGBT people and such. But there is the establishment clause in the constitution.

One thing that is good is that America isn't a theocracy like those Muslim countries, could you imagine what would happen if in America we started listening to the Religious Reich in America. The Religious right here says that God here tells them to outlaw equal rights for LGBT people and such. But there is the establishment clause in the constitution.

Yes, the US has something that means it hasn't turned into a crackpot country. However it seems like Republicans and Democrats are fighting their hardest to take the US there.

Maybe they'd change their tune if they heard Primus doing Rush's Farewell to Kings.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but how is this better than the original? I mean, nothing against Primus, but I didn't notice anything that would attract me to this.

Also, kind of a dumb thing to post in a serious topic.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but how is this better than the original? I mean, nothing against Primus, but I didn't notice anything that would attract me to this.

Also, kind of a dumb thing to post in a serious topic.
It sucks.
The music is ok but you can't do Rush
without getting the vocals at least close.

Why did I post it here ? I don't know.
But you are the 'dumb' one it appears, even bringing it up.

• Funny
Reactions: xyz

Forum List

Back