Do Politicians Even Care That Forced Mask Laws Violate ADA and PAs? Some examples.

Wearing a mask is about respect. It shows you stand up when it counts. It shows you have joined the battle. It shows you care about your country. I can’t think of a more patriotic thing
But if a mask doesn't protect ME, how does it protect others?
are you serious?! By now you really still don’t get it? Maybe you don’t possess the intellectual capability to comprehend. In that case how about you just listen to Trumps corona virus task force... the VP and head doctors of our agencies that have lived and breathed this situation for months... all of whom say wearing a mask makes a difference.
Everyone says that the mask doesn’t protect the user. So if everyone is wearing a mask, no one is protected. Get it?
I’ve listed the counter points to this so many times so I’m going to try another approach. Let’s say you’re right and masks are ineffective. If that’s so then why would VP pence and all the experts on the Corona Virus task force lie and say otherwise? Please explain how that makes sense and why you think you know more than they do.
How about I don't want to restrict my ability to breathe? That's all the reason I need. Are you going to be for forcefully giving people a vaccine shot? I will not take one and I will be emptying my ammo on anyone that insists that I do.
That’s funny, I was just talking about the vaccine thing with my girl this AM. No fucking way am I taking that shot in the first round. I don’t even do the flu shot. The gov can’t even get people to cover their mouths with cloth... there’s no way they can force a needle in their arm. I’m sure there will be a bitch fest about it though. It will make this mask debate seem so petty in retrospect
100 percent totally agree. Once again, you are the voice of reason.
As always we will fight on something’s but can usually find many areas of agreement which is why you’re my favorite advisory... buttslap good job... Now back to the battlefield!

Wearing a mask is about respect. It shows you stand up when it counts. It shows you have joined the battle. It shows you care about your country. I can’t think of a more patriotic thing
are you serious?! By now you really still don’t get it? Maybe you don’t possess the intellectual capability to comprehend. In that case how about you just listen to Trumps corona virus task force... the VP and head doctors of our agencies that have lived and breathed this situation for months... all of whom say wearing a mask makes a difference.
Everyone says that the mask doesn’t protect the user. So if everyone is wearing a mask, no one is protected. Get it?
I’ve listed the counter points to this so many times so I’m going to try another approach. Let’s say you’re right and masks are ineffective. If that’s so then why would VP pence and all the experts on the Corona Virus task force lie and say otherwise? Please explain how that makes sense and why you think you know more than they do.
I'm going by what I hear, which is that masks don't protect the user. So the more people wearing masks, the more people aren't protected.
Just think, Taz, what you normally exhale you exhale for a reason. Your body wants to get rid of it. Now all of a sudden, you are wearing a mask all the time collecting and concentrating it on the inside of the mask then breathing it back in.

OSHA recommends that you change out a mask every 15 minutes. Know anyone going through 15-30 masks a day?
Do you spend every minute of every day right next to strangers? No. Take your mask off when you’re distanced and put it on when you’re in proximity. This shit isn’t complicated. Do you cover your mouth when you sneeze on the subway or do you spray it all over people?

I'm going by what I hear, which is that masks don't protect the user. So the more people wearing masks, the more people aren't protected.
You’re going by what you hear? Well have you listed to Trumps Coronavirus Task force? I just told you what they are saying. You can look it up yourself. Care to tell me why you think they are lying or mistaken?
Pretty much everything Trump says is either made up, or a lie, or both.
True, which explains why he contradicts his own experts on a regular basis. Making the cases even stronger for wearing masks

No, but I know people using the same mask for weeks on end.
I suspect that's the case for a lot of people. They use them until they are so funky they are disgusting. And that makes the whole matter nothing but going through the motions. After all, who wants to spend a hundred dollars a month on masks? Let the government send me a case of a thousand of them then I might consider it. THEY are the ones who want me wearing it, not me.

If most people are getting little / no REAL benefit from wearing them, then the whole thing is a colossal waste of money, effort and time.

No, but I know people using the same mask for weeks on end.
I suspect that's the case for a lot of people. They use them until they are so funky they are disgusting. And that makes the whole matter nothing but going through the motions. After all, who wants to spend a hundred dollars a month on masks? Let the government send me a case of a thousand of them then I might consider it. THEY are the ones who want me wearing it, not me.

If most people are getting little / no REAL benefit from wearing them, then the whole thing is a colossal waste of money, effort and time.
$100 a month on masks?! What’s wrong with you

The only thing the mask does is possibly protect the ones who are getting near to an A-symptomatic or symptomatic virus carrier, otherwise who is wearing a mask, and is social distancing in order to not give the non-wearing mask person the virus.

This is why testing is important I guess, otherwise if people want to know exactly what and who they are dealing with. But here's the deal on the testing, where as we need to get into a situation where every single American can be tested in a window of time that allows for the results to be assessed quickly, otherwise within a 5 minute time frame while in the doctor's office, and all in order for the virus to be arrested eventually.

When I had the flu last year, the test I recieved back then was quick. The results were fast. Why can't this virus be the same when it comes to testing ??

It matters not if testing only catches a portion of the population, and then that same population goes right out and gets the thing anyways, otherwise within an hour, a day, a week or a month.

Seems so hopeless and counter productive upon all the convoluted ideas that are being applied to the thing. Herd immunity seems to be the nation's only hope to get over this thing.

If political, then it will magically go away right after the up coming election or very soon there after. Let's see what happens next.
Herd immunity was tried in Sweden and is epically failing. That is like saying let’s kill off the vulnerable and go with survival of the fittest. Are you willing to sacrifice those people? a few of which I’m sure your related to?

yes testing is important and so is distancing and so is washing and so is mask wearing. None are a full proof plan but if all are used together you dramatically reduce the spread. If they are ignored and fought against you will see cases spike which is what we are now seeing. And for what point?! Some stupid political argument to stand for Trump or some
Fake notion of liberty or your own selfishness? Just cover your damn mouth when you’re around other people, it’s not hard.Encourage others to do the same. Stop fighting against it for NO REASON. These months of shutting down are all going to waste because of idiots trolls fighting against acting safe and responsible. Conservatives are supposed to be the party of personal responsibility so start acting like it.
Can't seriously debate or talk with you at all, because the TDS drips from every body crack you own. Haven't covered my face since this thing began, and neither has anyone else I know, and guess what ? None of us or anyone we know has the damn thing, so either it's political or someone is bullcraping us all. Now which is it ???

We've shopped at big box stores, we eat in resteraunts, we work, we go to military bases and we get tested and screened for that, and we visit family, and they visit us. Nope no virus, and hopefully it stays that way. Then we watch as protestors make fool's out of fauci's orders and warnings, but then Trump has a rally and all hell breaks lose in the media. Yeah something is rotten in Denmark alright, and it ain't the virus these days. Hmmm wonder what the next huge distraction will be in hopes to get Trump eh ??

Can you blame me for thinking in this way ??

Just think, Taz, what you normally exhale you exhale for a reason. Your body wants to get rid of it. Now all of a sudden, you are wearing a mask all the time collecting and concentrating it on the inside of the mask then breathing it back in.

OSHA recommends that you change out a mask every 15 minutes. Know anyone going through 15-30 masks a day?
Do you spend every minute of every day right next to strangers? No. Take your mask off when you’re distanced and put it on when you’re in proximity. This shit isn’t complicated. Do you cover your mouth when you sneeze on the subway or do you spray it all over people?
Oh so now you trust the alledged untrustworthy police or public deputized citizen to enforce a mask rule, while in the meantime the authorities in this country are under one of the most hurendous attacks ever ?? Good luck with your mask enforcement rules upon those not sick or whom have conditions that don't allow them to wear a mask. Why don't those with the virus just do the right thing instead of forcing others to do it for them ?? This ain't no PC everyone gets a participation trophy, so let's not make the infected feel bad if they got the virus. Just show them that you are going to cut your hair along with them because theirs is falling out, ohh wait that's the cancer thing.

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? WEARING A MASK PROTECTS ME FROM YOU, IN CASE YOU HAVE THE VIRUS BUT YOU DON'T KNOW IT. A MASK ONLY PROTECTS ME A LITTLE FROM YOU, IF YOU'RE NOT WEARING ONE. WEAR A MASK TO PROTECT OTHERS, EVEN IF YOU DON'T CARE IF YOU YOURSELF GET THE VIRUS. BUT YOU WON'T, WILL YOU? BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKING ASSHOLE.
So, you have the right to infect me with a potentially fatal disease? Where is THAT in the Constitution? And is it really such a fucking intrusion on your fucking liberties to wear a mask when you go out in public? Really?
For the umpteenth time, you wear a mask to protect other people FROM YOU, not so much to protect yourself. By wearing a mask, you're being considerate of your fellow Americans. Do you think that you could do that?

If any of us were really a threat to your safety, then you'd need a lot more than some stupid mask to protect yourself from any one of us.

You are a fucking MORON if you think that tens of thousands of people marching assholes to elbows in the street doesn't spread a virus, but 8,000 in a sports arena does. Stop breathing my air.

You're arguing with someone who believes that a 0.05- to 0.2-micron virus cannot get through the 50-micron or bigger gaps in a mask.

“Fucking MORON” doesn't even begin to approach being an adequate description for the gullibility, ignorance, and just plain stupidity that you are trying to address with that term.

The only thing the mask does is possibly protect the ones who are getting near to an A-symptomatic or symptomatic virus carrier, otherwise who is wearing a mask, and is social distancing in order to not give the non-wearing mask person the virus.

This is why testing is important I guess, otherwise if people want to know exactly what and who they are dealing with. But here's the deal on the testing, where as we need to get into a situation where every single American can be tested in a window of time that allows for the results to be assessed quickly, otherwise within a 5 minute time frame while in the doctor's office, and all in order for the virus to be arrested eventually.

When I had the flu last year, the test I recieved back then was quick. The results were fast. Why can't this virus be the same when it comes to testing ??

It matters not if testing only catches a portion of the population, and then that same population goes right out and gets the thing anyways, otherwise within an hour, a day, a week or a month.

Seems so hopeless and counter productive upon all the convoluted ideas that are being applied to the thing. Herd immunity seems to be the nation's only hope to get over this thing.

If political, then it will magically go away right after the up coming election or very soon there after. Let's see what happens next.
Herd immunity was tried in Sweden and is epically failing. That is like saying let’s kill off the vulnerable and go with survival of the fittest. Are you willing to sacrifice those people? a few of which I’m sure your related to?

yes testing is important and so is distancing and so is washing and so is mask wearing. None are a full proof plan but if all are used together you dramatically reduce the spread. If they are ignored and fought against you will see cases spike which is what we are now seeing. And for what point?! Some stupid political argument to stand for Trump or some
Fake notion of liberty or your own selfishness? Just cover your damn mouth when you’re around other people, it’s not hard.Encourage others to do the same. Stop fighting against it for NO REASON. These months of shutting down are all going to waste because of idiots trolls fighting against acting safe and responsible. Conservatives are supposed to be the party of personal responsibility so start acting like it.
Can't seriously debate or talk with you at all, because the TDS drips from every body crack you own. Haven't covered my face since this thing began, and neither has anyone else I know, and guess what ? None of us or anyone we know has the damn thing, so either it's political or someone is bullcraping us all. Now which is it ???

We've shopped at big box stores, we eat in resteraunts, we work, we go to military bases and we get tested and screened for that, and we visit family, and they visit us. Nope no virus, and hopefully it stays that way. Then we watch as protestors make fool's out of fauci's orders and warnings, but then Trump has a rally and all hell breaks lose in the media. Yeah something is rotten in Denmark alright, and it ain't the virus these days. Hmmm wonder what the next huge distraction will be in hopes to get Trump eh ??

Can you blame me for thinking in this way ??
Spoken like a true egomaniac. I guess the world just revolves around you and yours. Carry on until somebody you know and love gets sick and dies and then maybe you’ll take it seriously, that is such a sad philosophy. I hope to God that doesn’t happen to you and I hope in the process you don’t condemN any other poor souls To that fate because of your arrogance and ignorance.
I for one know somebody who has died from it so excuse me for being a little less tolerant of your POV

Oh so now you trust the alledged untrustworthy police or public deputized citizen to enforce a mask rule, while in the meantime the authorities in this country are under one of the most hurendous attacks ever ?? Good luck with your mask enforcement rules upon those not sick or whom have conditions that don't allow them to wear a mask. Why don't those with the virus just do the right thing instead of forcing others to do it for them ?? This ain't no PC everyone gets a participation trophy, so let's not make the infected feel bad if they got the virus. Just show them that you are going to cut your hair along with them because theirs is falling out, ohh wait that's the cancer thing.
I truly hope it doesn’t come to enforcement of a mask laws which is unfortunately happing in some areas because of stubborn douchebags spreading the disease. I just wish our messaging can be clear and unified so we can all work together to squash this thing. It could be such an easy thing and for the life of me I can’t understand why people like you waste your time and energy fighting over something as easy as wearing a mask when your around strangers and in the middle of a pandemic that has killed over 100k Americans

Here we go again on the left, where as they will try everything they can to attempt to trash the Presidential celebration of the 4th of July at Mt.Rushmore, and say it will be a super spreader. Like I said before folks, if the left is behind any and all the fear mongering, then something ain't right for sure, and so it appears that the left has adopted the Covid fear as a way to harass and destroy anything Trump. Just don't fall for it people, don't fall for it.

I truly hope it doesn’t come to enforcement of a mask laws which is unfortunately happing in some areas because of stubborn douchebags spreading the disease. I just wish our messaging can be clear and unified so we can all work together to squash this thing. It could be such an easy thing and for the life of me I can’t understand why people like you waste your time and energy fighting over something as easy as wearing a mask when your around strangers and in the middle of a pandemic that has killed over 100k Americans
No one is fighting anything you talk about, other than we just don't want to be caught up in the leftist bullcrap. Next thing you know, we will be told that when we step out our door, we had best have a mask on or else. Nope, that ain't happening. Poor ole Biden is so ignorant that he walks into a room full of people with his race baiting virtue signaling ace wearing a mask, and then he takes the thing off before he talks into the microphone (same room, same air, same people), but he removed his mask to speak. Rotflmbo, you can't make this stupid crap up I tell ya.

Stop trying to make us stupid, and we will continue to show you how it's done without the stupidity.

No one is fighting anything you talk about, other than we just don't want to be caught up in the leftist bullcrap. Next thing you know, we will be told that when we step out our door, we had best have a mask on or else. Nope, that ain't happening. Poor ole Biden is so ignorant that he walks into a room full of people with his race baiting virtue signaling ace wearing a mask, and then he takes the thing off before he talks into the microphone (same room, same air, same people), but he removed his mask to speak. Rotflmbo, you can't make this stupid crap up I tell ya.

Stop trying to make us stupid, and we will continue to show you how it's done without the stupidity.
Don’t play the childish slippery slope game with this. You don’t want to do it because somebody else is telling you to do it. You are acting like a child and playing politics. You are on here fighting tooth and nail to deny science and flinging BS reasons for why you don’t need to follow safety protocol that’s been recommended by YOUR presidents chosen leadership team. You have to see how absurd that is!

Biden wears a mask while walking up to a stage to be symbolic and lead by example. Trump is attacking that and making it sound weak and now his puppets are doing the same. You see how toxic that is. Trump could be the one strolling around in a MAGA mask and setting the example. But no, now mask wearing is a team sports feud. How pathetic is that?!

That is a great compromise and one that I can live with. At work I am not required to have a mask covering my face when I am working on a piece of equipment where no one else is in close proximity but I do put it on when I have to be around others...not because I fear this bullshit virus but to make my co-workers feel more at ease. The machine operators do not come close to making the kind of wage that I do and there is a temp check-point before they are allowed into the building. So far, one out of 130 employees has been sent home and required to self-quarantine and unless they have sick leave or vacation hours? They would not be paid for that time off. I owe it to them to hedge their bets, as it were.

That is a great compromise and one that I can live with. At work I am not required to have a mask covering my face when I am working on a piece of equipment where no one else is in close proximity but I do put it on when I have to be around others...not because I fear this bullshit virus but to make my co-workers feel more at ease. The machine operators do not come close to making the kind of wage that I do and there is a temp check-point before they are allowed into the building. So far, one out of 130 employees has been sent home and required to self-quarantine and unless they have sick leave or vacation hours? They would not be paid for that time off. I owe it to them to hedge their bets, as it were.
Good for you it sounds like you are being responsible and treating others with respect, that’s all I ask and expect of people. I personally don’t care whether I get the virus or not if I lived in a vacuum but I still spend time with my mother who is older and at risk and my 1 year old niece so I distance for them. I don’t wear a mask when I hike or golf or sit at the beach but I do when I’m walking on sidewalks by people and going into shops or if I’m going to be in proximity of strangers. I just wish we were all on the same page about stuff like this... there are much more important battles that we could be fighting

Forum List

Back