Do nothing Congress

Parts of the Contact With America were passed

The Senate did not run on the Contract

I never said that Newt failed to pass anything. I pointed out that he did not pass all the bills in the House that he promised to pass in the contract. Nancy had an announced legislative agenda for the house and she completely accomplished it. you cannot dispute that.

I never said that Newt failed to pass anything. I pointed out that he did not pass all the bills in the House that he promised to pass in the contract. Nancy had an announced legislative agenda for the house and she completely accomplished it. you cannot dispute that.

Accomplished what?

What has been signed into law?

Newt was able to get Clinton to sign many things into law

San Fran Nan and White Flag Harry have fallen on their ass and they can't get up

Accomplished what?

What has been signed into law?

Newt was able to get Clinton to sign many things into law

San Fran Nan and White Flag Harry have fallen on their ass and they can't get up

you obviously never had a civic lesson and refuse to acknowledge that Pelosi accomplished all that she said she would do. Newt did not.

the speaker of the house got the house to pass all the legislation that she said she would get them to pass. that is all the speaker CAN do in our form of government. what the senate does...what the president does...is beyond her control.... she accomplished all she said she would accomplish. Newt did not. fact.

the speaker of the house got the house to pass all the legislation that she said she would get them to pass. that is all the speaker CAN do in our form of government. what the senate does...what the president does...is beyond her control.... she accomplished all she said she would accomplish. Newt did not. fact.

The Dems can work with Pres Bush - oh sorry - per Dems Pres Bush needs to work with THEM

But one thing San Fran Nan has accomplished...........

Congressional junkets picking up steam

WASHINGTON (Map, News) - Congress is keeping Andrews Air Force base plenty busy this year ferrying lawmakers all over the globe at taxpayers’ expense. Rep. Bennie Thompson of Mississippi took his wife, nine Democrats and two Republicans - Reps. Dan Lungren of California and Mike Rogers of Alabama - on a whirlwind tour of the Caribbean last week. After stops in Honduras and Mexico, they stopped in the U.S. Virgin Islands, where the delegation stayed at the five-star Caneel Bay resort.

In a separate trip to the Caribbean last week, Rep. Eliot Engel of New York squired his wife and four Democratic members to Grenada and Trinidad.

All told, the military flew at least 13 congressional delegations to various destinations during the Easter recess -- at an estimated rate of $10,000 or more per flying hour.

http://www.examiner.com/a-675671~Congressional_junkets_picking_up_steam.html

when I make a point you cannot refute, you change the subject with another cut and paste. how typical

when I make a point you cannot refute, you change the subject with another cut and paste. how typical

I am giving San Fran Nan credit - Dems are doing something better then Republicans

We are paying the tab MM - your tax dollars at work

I am giving San Fran Nan credit - Dems are doing something better then Republicans

We are paying the tab MM - your tax dollars at work

just give her credit for doing what she said she would do legislatively...and acknowledge that Newt was not able to do that.

she did all that she is constitutionally able to do: she passed every bill through the house that she promised she would....newt could not do that.

and now two bills to be Vetoed, which was known before they wasted two more months. Yet look at the harm they have done to the military community all over the world. No Annual budget, no war budget, They must be back to the two day work week again.

See ya in 2012 Dem's if you survive.

War, what war

she did all that she is constitutionally able to do: she passed every bill through the house that she promised she would....newt could not do that.

Liberals should just admit that they were duped by Nancy and company.

just give her credit for doing what she said she would do legislatively...and acknowledge that Newt was not able to do that.

Being at 28%, the Dems are in trouble - maybe they will realize that when they reach 15%

The Democrats said they would put an end to the "do nothing Congress" and the partisan bickering that had stymied the institution since the 2000 election. Nancy Pelosi promised to get rid of corruption, promised an open and transparent method of governing and promised to work with the Republicans. Since the promises made in the election we have had many of the most corrupt elements of the Democratic Party placed in positions of honor and leadership, we have had the minority party blocked from working on legislation. We have had time wasted on non-binding resolutions which do nothing other than send a clear message to our enemies that we cannot be trusted to stand and fight. So what about this current Congress, where are the accomiplishments? Since the term "do nothing Congress" has already been used what are we to call this Congress? It seems they can't even satisfy the hard core left in their own party, much less the rest of America.

Current approval rating for the Dem Congress is 37.5%

How amusing....rubbing your nose in your conservapredictions!!!!

490.gif
490.gif
490.gif

November 1, 2010

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnoPpWdlG3A]Rachel Maddow (1) 111th Congress put policy before politics - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBHK7zsz7xU]Rachel Maddow (2) 111th Congress put policy before politics - YouTube[/ame]

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

532.gif

Last edited:
It will go lower. The Democrats are their own worst enemy.

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

"When we set out to write a book about the growing extremism in American politics about 18 months ago, we thought that the 112th Congress was the worst we had seen in our four decades in Washington. However, the fights over the debt limit, the “fiscal cliff” and the farm bill — and the shutdown of the Federal Aviation Administration — convinced us that it was the worst Congress ever."

406268.jpg

Way to GO.....

CLASS O' 2010!!!!!

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
532.gif
528.gif

It will go lower. The Democrats are their own worst enemy.

And on that note, I differ with you.....not that I rule it out completely, but as I have seen it, there hasn't been as corrupt of an administration or Republican congress in decades.... :(

I just don't see how the past republican congress can be beat on their overwhelming culture of corruption, cheating, swindling, quid pro quos with lobbyists, etc.

yours truely,

Nancy Pelosi :rofl:

Actually, it is me....:) Care

When Corruption Is Spelled.....
R-E-R-O-N
!!!!

"How can it be that most Americans don't remember the Reagan administration for its corruption?

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Forum List

Back