Do Liberals use drugs much more then Conservatives?

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
I have seen some indicators, but no conclusive studies. Does anyone have more thorough results?
Study finds people who use psychedelic drugs tend to be liberal.
There is an undocumented claim that Liberals use more drugs:
A study published in the American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse found that among heavy drug users, the ratio of Democrats to Republicans was more than 8-to-1.

Are there any more reliable numbers?

If indeed Liberals make up over 75% of drug users then there is no reason for Conservatives to oppose War on Drugs. Remember -- (#notallliberals) but enough Liberals are working to ensure that anyone who disagrees with them loses his/her career. Why should Conservatives, Independents, and Classical Liberals support freedom of those who work to take our Freedom of Speech away?

If over 35% of those who use drugs are Conservative, then all of us should oppose War on Drugs.

I have seen some indicators, but no conclusive studies. Does anyone have more thorough results?
A study published in the American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse found that among heavy drug users, the ratio of Democrats to Republicans was more than 8-to-1.

If indeed Liberals make up over 75% of drug users then there is no reason for Conservatives to oppose War on Drugs. Remember -- (#notallliberals) but enough Liberals are working to ensure that anyone who disagrees with them loses his/her career. Why should Conservatives, Independents, and Classical Liberals support freedom of those who work to take our Freedom of Speech away?

If over 35% of those who use drugs are Conservative, then all of us should oppose War on Drugs.
YES, how else could someone like Hank Johnson, Nancy Pelosi, or Joe Biden ever be elected? Only stupid people would vote for those people.....

YES, how else could someone like Hank Johnson, Nancy Pelosi, or Joe Biden ever be elected? Only stupid people would vote for those people.....

Those people are anti-drug they are ancient dinosaurs who enjoy their traditional drugz of choice, booze and pills, which is cool but they have no tolerance for other drugz of choice.

Could anyone give me a serious source like a study? Google gives tons of junk.

Amazing how drugz are bad until you are over fifty.
bart blind.png

We use illegal drugs more than conservatives. I think conservatives use legal drugs (vicodin, xanax, etc) more though.

Nothing to back this up, just my guess.

Thank you. Hopefully there is some data from one or more studies.

“Academic studies have found that those on the political left are five times more likely to use marijuana and cocaine . . . Another survey found that Democrats were five times more likely to use marijuana than Republicans . . .

A study published in the American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse found that among heavy drug users, the ratio of Democrats to Republicans was more than 8-to-1.”

Are Liberals Bigger Drug Users?

“Academic studies have found that those on the political left are five times more likely to use marijuana and cocaine . . . Another survey found that Democrats were five times more likely to use marijuana than Republicans . . .

A study published in the American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse found that among heavy drug users, the ratio of Democrats to Republicans was more than 8-to-1.”

Thanks JGalt. That's what I was going to post.

Interestingly, this Pew Study I came across says that Liberals are also more likely to suffer from mental illness...

democrats06.jpg

Don't shoot the messenger. :)

Thanks JGalt. That's what I was going to post.

Interestingly, this Pew Study I came across says that Liberals are also more likely to suffer from mental illness...

democrats06.jpg

Don't shoot the messenger. :)

It doesn't take a pricey government-funded Harvard study to determine that liberals are fucking nuts. That's a given.

:laughing0301:

We use illegal drugs more than conservatives. I think conservatives use legal drugs (vicodin, xanax, etc) more though.

Look at California, New York and Seattle Washington, where people in the video are the Democrat voter...These arent normal US citizens doping up...

Look at California, New York and Seattle Washington, where people in the video are the Democrat voter...These arent normal US citizens doping up...

How the heck do ya clean up a problem the city is promoting?

San Francisco gives free drugs, alcohol to homeless quarantining in hotels

I would love to pass out free bottles of piss to those junkies, and tell them it's "iced tea" or "lemonade." They're so doped-up they wouldn't know the difference.

Does that make me a bad person?

>San Francisco gives free drugs, alcohol to homeless quarantining in hotels

They have banned plastic straws, but give out over 4 million free plastic syringes annually, which litter the streets...

Back in 2014 there was a incident at a walmart where the Department of Homeland security were out practicing shooting "Zombies". Now look at the picture of the druggies in the subway and tell me would a DOH think he was being approached by a zombie?

Forum List

Back