Do Guardian Angels Exist?

I was just hearing a debate whether or not guardian angels are biblical or unbiblical, and if God can do anything for us then why would He need angels to look out for us, and I say that I believe in guardian angels and that they're like God's workers and He's the boss except they don't get paid. Btw, I'm just adding this video because I think it's really cute. :)

if they do they are doing a pretty shitty job of guarding lives....

do they do a good job of protecting lives or not?...
You'd have to know the path not traveled to definitively answer that. So absent that all you can do to assess the distribution is to catalog the outcomes that you do know about. So given that suffering is a relatively rare event over the course of a long human life, I'd have to say yes to your question.

You'd have to know the path not traveled to definitively answer that. So absent that all you can do to assess the distribution is to catalog the outcomes that you do know about. So given that suffering is a relatively rare event over the course of a long human life, I'd have to say yes to your question.
so when some little kid gets hit by a car or shot by a drive-by they did a great job?...

so when some little kid gets hit by a car or shot by a drive-by they did a great job?...
Depends.... are we giving credit for all the ones that didn't?

Because in that case the answer is overwhelmingly yes because the outcomes are overwhelmingly positive.

You are trying to define the rule by exception. Try looking at the whole distribution.

Depends.... are we giving credit for all the ones that didn't?

Because in that case the answer is overwhelmingly yes because the outcomes were overwhelmingly positive.
a angel would be a being of immense power and ability.....if someone dies who they are watching then they did a pretty piss poor job....and what being like that would want to sit by one of us all day long for our little lives and watch many of us doing things they would find disgusting like killing others....the so called guardian angels dont exist....

a angel would be a being of immense power and ability.....if someone dies who they are watching then they did a pretty piss poor job....and what being like that would want to sit by one of us all day long for our little lives and watch many of us doing things they would find disgusting like killing others....the so called guardian angels dont exist....
So if I understand you correctly unless everything is perfect God and angels can't exist?

Why is that?

So if I understand you correctly unless everything is perfect God and angels can't exist?
never said that did i?.....i said angels watching over our lives dont exist....how do you explain someone getting shot by some asshole and dying?...did his angel do a good job?....how about the asshole that did the shooting?....what happened to his angel?...

never said that did i?.....i said angels watching over our lives dont exist....how do you explain someone getting shot by some asshole and dying?...did his angel do a good job?....how about the asshole that did the shooting?....what happened to his angel?...
But that's your implication. Your argument is that angels (and God) don't exist because bad things happen to good people.

I am trying to understand why.

But that's your implication. Your argument is that angels (and God) don't exist because bad things happen to good people.

I am trying to understand why.
no thats your implication....i never said they dont exist,i said guardian angels dont exist...why didnt you answer my questions?...

how do you explain someone getting shot by some asshole and dying?...did his angel do a good job?....how about the asshole that did the shooting?....what happened to his angel?...
So because everything didn't turn out the way you thought it should that means there are no angels?

That would be like me arguing since you don't do everything I think you should that you don't exist.
Your existence... angel's existence do not hinge upon what I think you or angels should do. So why is it that you believe it should?

So because everything didn't turn out the way you thought it should that means there are no angels?

That would be like me arguing since you don't do everything I think you should that you don't exist.
Your existence... angel's existence do not hinge upon what I think you or angels should do. So why is it that you believe it should?
what the fuck good is a so called guardian angel if they dont guard your life?...a little kid gets killed....oh shit i guess the angel was off doing something else at the time....use your fucking head....

what the fuck good is a so called guardian angel if they dont guard your life?...a little kid gets killed....oh shit i guess the angel was off doing something else at the time....use your fucking head....
Again... you are trying to define the rule through exception. So unless everything is perfect, you will keep making the same argument ergo your expectation is perfection.

Again... you are trying to define the rule through exception. So unless everything is perfect, you will keep making the same argument ergo your expectation is perfection.
why dont you just admit that millions of so called guardian angels dont do a very good job at guarding....angels may exist but guardian angels dont....if they do many of them suck at that job....

why dont you just admit that millions of so called guardian angels dont do a very good job at guarding....angels may exist but guardian angels dont....if they do many of them suck at that job....
I already covered that in post #24. The data overwhelmingly shows more good than bad.

so you are saying that these immensely powerful beings are incapable of preventing someone from being killed by another human?...
I don't know that that's how it works. Why are you assuming that since bad things happen to good people that angels can't exist.

Forum List

Back