Do conservatives ever wonder WHY liberalism is prevalent in higher education?

I, like anyone with a triple digit IQ, can run a scientific survey and make it do anything I want it to do.

LIberals are science whores. Anything with a scientific patina is, by definition, true. I really think they should make logic mandatory for anyone majoring in the sciences --especially the social sciences that so severely abuse the scientific method.

Get thee to the Philosophy Department and learn something.

Perhaps its because liberalism represents intellectual ideas? Perhaps something can be said why political scientists tend to be liberal.

Because those who can...do...and those who can't...teach?:confused:

Sorry, SayIt...didn't see you beat me to it...lol

. . . Do leftists ever wonder WHY this is such an old cliche? Perhaps it's because liberals have flocked to cushy academic jobs with tenure (ie. jobs they don't have to be good at, because they can't be fired) for so very long?

Perhaps its because liberalism represents intellectual ideas? Perhaps something can be said why political scientists tend to be liberal.

From a scientific study :Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice | Racism, Bias & Politics | Right-Wing and Left-Wing Ideology | LiveScience

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:[/QU
Yeah whatever I found this in less than 60 seconds it means no more than what you linked.
BREAKING NEWS: New Study shows Liberals have a lower average IQ than Conservatives - Do you agree?

Do conservatives ever wonder WHY liberalism is prevalent in higher education

It goes back to that old saying:
People who can do
People who can't teach

I've noticed that many of the so called "professors" have little to no real world experience in the areas that they bloviate in. Their experiences are based on books and not much more.

I'll let you in on a little secret about the academic community: outside their EXTREMELY narrow little areas of concentration - whatever their degree is in - most college professors have trouble figuring out how to wipe their own asses without a schematic and directions from Houston Control. They're every bit as clueless about the rest of life as the average Joe Blow in his wifebeater, but they couch their ignorance in fancier words, so Joe Blow is impressed and thinks a PhD in Medieval History: 1493-1497 makes that person brilliant about everything.

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice | Racism, Bias & Politics | Right-Wing and Left-Wing Ideology | LiveScience

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

And what study is this based off of?

I believe it was a study done of the survey results when all the professors and PhD candidates at Berkeley were asked, "On a scale of 1-10, how stupid do you personally believe political conservatives are?"

Perhaps it is as David Horowitz explained? He said, Over ninety percent of all professors in our colleges and universities are liberals. The deans, even people working in their offices, it is dominated by liberals. They use their positions to indoctrinate the students into liberal ideas and if they don't answer that paper the way the teacher wants it answered they know they are getting a failing grade.

Today we know more about that as students are reporting these teachers thanks to cell phone videos, eyewitness reports, these stories are finally coming to light. I find it reprehensible that these liberal professors have robbed these students of their greatest God given gift - Imagination - & how to think for themselves. Of course for these professors they surrendered their own minds and with it - imaginations - long ago so its doubtful they "see" what is wrong here.

- Jeremiah

Do conservatives ever wonder WHY liberalism is prevalent in higher education

It goes back to that old saying:
People who can do
People who can't teach

Well, let's see.

Q: What two areas of endeavor are most heavily loaded with leftists and liberals?

A: Government and higher education (which are quite often the same thing, or overlapping).

Q: What two areas of endeavor are most difficult to get fired from, regardless of performance?

A: Government and higher education.

Hmmmmm. :eusa_eh:

Would these be the same people who tell me that my choice of political beliefs is programmed into my genes? Maybe the reason political scientists tend to be liberals is because they don't think, not because they do.

Do conservatives ever wonder WHY liberalism is prevalent in higher education?
It's the nature of an open mind to move forward.

Even when forward means you walk off a cliff?

The simple truth is that open minds do not limit themselves to two directions, they usually jump over the gaps people like you think are insurmountable.

Very true! That is precisely what I have noticed about the majority of them I have met. They don't know how to think! I'm wondering how does that happen to someone? What? Do they just check out from reality? They condemn the facts without even examining them, how is it possible to discover truth with your mind shutdown like a fort? LOL! You'd remain in ignorance for the rest of your life!

Do liberals ever wonder why liberalism does so poorly in the real world?

Really? You boys really did well from 2001 to 2009. Two wars that have turned out badly, and economic meltdown that almost matched that of 1929. Failed to go after the murderer of 3000 Americans on American soil. That was left up to President Obama. Not only that, it was left up to our President to try undo the damage that was done by the Bush Admin. while you fellows tried everything in your power to destroy the American economy.

2001 to 2009 was a triumph for modern progressives.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Didn't I already prove you had your head up your ass about these studies? I particularly recall pointing out how this one described anyone who has any bigotry as conservative, even if they self identified as something else.

Liberalism must carry a certain amount of arrogance and a view of self worth.
Liberalism is the ideology of "I know what's best for you"...
Intellectuals tend to feel they are superior to all others.
BTW, a college degree is no guarantee of the holder being an intelligent person.
I have met college grads who are book smart, but could not think their way out of a wet paper bag if they were spotted the open end.
So what are we talking about here?

I've noticed that many of the so called "professors" have little to no real world experience in the areas that they bloviate in. Their experiences are based on books and not much more.

They are paid gobs of taxpayer money to cloister themselves away in University buildings doing 'research'...
Professors are not there to teach. They are employed to write.
Not very productive. Challenge their authority and all hell breaks loose.
A couple months ago, the Governor of NC made a statement that he believes college students should major in subjects that have practical use in the business world. This statement was met with a furious reaction of UNC system professors who teach classes for degrees in things such as "women's studies" philosophy and the arts. A sampling of degree choices which net students with lots of student loan debt and few job opportunities.
Of course professors who teach these courses view this thinking as a threat.
Good.

Forum List

Back