Zone1 Do Atheists Implicitly Believe in "God"?

:eek-52: :eek-52: :eek-52: BLASPHEMY - there is only ONE person close to GOD - the POPE (hot line)

What you meant to say:

Unconditionally obey the commands (made up and written down by unknown people) and NEVER dare to question them.
"To Be Is to Obey (Us)"

Sheepish slavishness includes the ruling class's Constitution, which is treated by the bipartisan regime the same way the Fundamentalists treat the Bible. In fact, an omnipotent god was created by ancient rulers solely to establish a mindset of servitude to the most powerful people in real life.

You need some peace.
Your brand of peace is suspicious because it arrogantly flaunts a mafia-like discourse from within protection racketism (Derrida's "the unscathed" [safe-and-sound, heilig]).

You clearly need some attention.
We think that the christian arm of the Abrahamic religions (xian-islam-judaism) knew there would be a Hamas attack well before 7 Oct., forcing the world once again to be attentive to these mental illnesses that desire recognition for "renewal and rejuvenation" in the media.

Your brand of peace is suspicious because it arrogantly flaunts a mafia-like discourse from within protection racketism (Derrida's "the unscathed" [safe-and-sound, heilig]).
You don't have a clue about what I am talking about if you believe that.

[When all is said and done, we are in the end absolutely dependent on the universe; and into sacrifices and surrenders of some sort, deliberately looked at and accepted, we are drawn and pressed as into our only permanent positions of repose. Now in those states of mind which fall short of belief in a higher power, the surrender is submitted to as an imposition of necessity, and the sacrifice is undergone at the very best without complaint. In the life of a believer, on the contrary, surrender and sacrifice are positively espoused: even unnecessary givings-up are added in order that the happiness may increase. Belief in God thus makes easy and felicitous what in any case is necessary; and if it be the only agency that can accomplish this result, its vital importance as a human faculty stands vindicated beyond dispute. It becomes an essential organ of our life, performing a function which no other portion of our nature can so successfully fulfill.]

apologies to William James

In the life of a believer, on the contrary, surrender and sacrifice are positively espoused:
Delusions always have some sort of gratification, for the willingly deluded. Else they would not willingly delude themselves. This is not profound.

Delusions always have some sort of gratification, for the willingly deluded. Else they would not willingly delude themselves. This is not profound.
So you don't believe we are absolutely dependent on the universe and forced into sacrifices and surrenders of some sort?

That's what happens when you parse posts out of context and don't address the full point.
No, I quite directly addressed the very insubstantial and entire point. You just went too fast and confused yourself.

Believers look at something positively, giving them benefit.

Because, of course. Why else would they self delude, if it didn't bring them some sort of benefit?

No, I quite directly addressed the very insubstantial and entire point. You just went too fast and confused yourself.

Because, of course. Why else would they self delude, if it didn't bring them some sort of benefit?
You are skipping steps. We don't necessarily look at it positively. We understand there is a process at work. A progression. That order comes from chaos. That good comes from bad. Are these delusions? Or are they just good old fashioned observations?

You need to see us as delusional to justify your choices because you are insecure with your choices. Which is probably why you act like a spoiled child when you don't get your way.

We don't necessarily look at it positively.
Okay. But I spoke to this:

"In the life of a believer, on the contrary, surrender and sacrifice are positively espoused:"

So i guess you can take that up with him.

We understand there is a process at work. A progression. That order comes from chaos. That good comes from bad. Are these delusions?
No, those are just philosophical prattlings. And again, take that up with him. I see no need for self delusion in believing in zombie gods or sky daddies to say what you just said.

Forum List

Back