dmp's car review: 2006 Chevy Monte Carlo

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
HOLY Crap - I'm in a 2006 Monte Carlo whilst my RX8's heater something-or-nother gets fixed and lemme just tell you this is perhaps the worst new car I've ever been in. NASTY. The car handles worse - by a LONG shot - than my wife's F150 SuperCrew 4x4. When I hit the brakes the front of the car goes down quicker than a Frenchman on anyone asking to take over their country. I was getting car sick - literally car sick while driving that POS.

Wide, Flat, unsupportive seats, MASSIVE...dare I say 'titanic' amounts of body roll. My Sofa would probably do a better job at keeping me in place during traffic. This was perhaps the first car I can remember where I 'had' to keep both hands on the wheel to keep it going in the right direction. In order to have FOOT room, I had to back the seat so far I couldn't reach the radio comfortably. I'm no freak of nature with a 73" inseam - I'm 6'1" w/ a 36" inseam.

Oh - but the car is torquey. I honestly can't believe SOME GUY somewhere gave his stamp of approval on this POS.

That is all. I miss my RX8. :(

:puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3:

dmp said:
HOLY Crap - I'm in a 2006 Monte Carlo whilst my RX8's heater something-or-nother gets fixed and lemme just tell you this is perhaps the worst new car I've ever been in. NASTY. The car handles worse - by a LONG shot - than my wife's F150 SuperCrew 4x4. When I hit the brakes the front of the car goes down quicker than a Frenchman on anyone asking to take over their country. I was getting car sick - literally car sick while driving that POS.

Wide, Flat, unsupportive seats, MASSIVE...dare I say 'titanic' amounts of body roll. My Sofa would probably do a better job at keeping me in place during traffic. This was perhaps the first car I can remember where I 'had' to keep both hands on the wheel to keep it going in the right direction. In order to have FOOT room, I had to back the seat so far I couldn't reach the radio comfortably. I'm no freak of nature with a 73" inseam - I'm 6'1" w/ a 36" inseam.

Oh - but the car is torquey. I honestly can't believe SOME GUY somewhere gave his stamp of approval on this POS.

That is all. I miss my RX8. :(

:puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3:

They say sometimes you have to try out a new, younger model, in order to really appreciate the one you already have at home. ;)

Abbey Normal said:
They say sometimes you have to try out a new, younger model, in order to really appreciate the one you already have at home. ;)

LMAO - you've quite a way with words, young lady. :)

Forum List

Back