Discontinued Vehicle Models 2019-20

I am the typical DIY guy when is about cars. I like Honda cars because are easy to fix and won't require major repairs up to over 150,000 miles. The 2013 Accord was in need of a new catalyc converter after 170,000 miles. Water pump still working fine, and repairs have been the regular maintenance including the struts. The car engine and CVT still working without issues.

Hyundai is more complicated to work with. The design under the hood is to have key bolts in such hidden or hard to reach places, probably is the company's hope for you to desist fixing it by yourself and taking it to the dealer. And parts for Hyundai are expensive.

American cars are easier to fix. Having an old Buick, I love working in a heavy car with cast iron engine and transmission. disassembling the top engine is a delight. Lots of space, accessibility to remove bolts, the car cooperate a lot with you to do the repairs. Had Chrysler and Nissan vehicles before, Nissan was great, but Chrysler was very comfortable but was made to break fast.

Audi... ah.... Audi... any problem with this car you must remove the front bumper, put AC and water radiators to one side to finally have access and do a repair. I have been told that BMW cars are also complicated to be repaired.

I will keep buying Honda, Hyundai, Volvo, and other gasoline cars. I'm not in the mood to start learning how to fix "electric cars", because such is the purpose why Ford has decided to stop producing gasoline sedan cars, except the sport Mustang. Ford will start producing electric cars. They will maintain gas and diesel trucks for a while, but electric trucks might also be the next generation someday not far from today. Not just "some models" but the whole models. I don't know about their heavy trucks.
Good for you but what does all that have to do with discontinued vehicle models? :dunno:

Good for you but what does all that have to do with discontinued vehicle models? :dunno:

As I said, Ford is discontinuing the sedan gasoline models. What I heard from people from Ford is they will make them again but electric.

My point is that the change from gasoline to electric will also be a new challenge for DIY car owners.

In car history there are cases of entire "discontinued" brand name vehicles not because the cars were of bad quality but because for some unknown reason people stop buying them, as it is the case of Oldsmobile. Also, for some reason Buick still is surviving even when it is popular the saying that Buicks are "old people cars".

Also, I pointed that most car models made or having headquarters in Asia (Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, Mitsubishi, etc) have no issues at all. They also have SUVs and trucks and are sold very well internationally. I myself wanted to buy a Mitsubishi truck I saw while watching a movie but those are not accepted to be sold in the US. Still, that truck, the way I see it, it's better designed than the Nissan Frontier or the Toyota Tacoma.

I guess it should be also interesting for people who like talking about cars, to obtain a list of discontinued cars for next year, and also to know WHY those cars are being taken away from the market.

Forum List

Back