Disappointed in God

Yes. If he did, I would think i needed a padded room lol
Grin. You are not wrong about that. While it is an amazing experience, I would also call in severely addicting. That is why faith is better than knowledge.

Study the book properly. Learn the languages, history, cultures. Read rabbinical commentary of the Old Testament.

so wrong, that is to satisfy the 4th century objective if you are a christian ... not from the heavens.

the spoken religion, triumph of good vs evil - or, as the golden rule is all that is required for judgement if completed - no need for a book. the communist manifesto is no different than any of the desert religion documents.

Embrace agnosticism, my son. You don't have any answers because there are none. No one knows if there s a God. No one knows if there is a meaning in life. No one knows if there is an after-life. No one knows if we will be rewarded for our good deeds performed in life. Accept that we don't know any of that and carry on doing what you think is right.
Thank you for the advice but I’ve found my own Spiritual Path. I know thee is a Deity in charge of everything. I’ve had enough experiences to believe that without doubt.

There are many voices in religion forums stating they need God to show Himself before they can believe. Some tell us they have earnestly sought God.

Other voices tell us that Biblical accounts brought them not to awe and worship, but to active disdain of God.

Specifically, what has causes disappointment in God?
Which God? The Bible God? I will assume yes.

Per the texts, he is disgusting. Immoral, childish, craven, vain, cruel, stupid, and unforgiving.

Basically everything I would teach a child not to be.

I’ll try this from a personal level…

My father was the most decent, loyal, God-fearing individual I’ve ever known. He served his family, his nation, his employer and his God with equal dedication for the first 50 years of his life. He built a family and then a home for us, literally. He served everyone else’s needs before his own.
THEN, just as he reached the point in his life where he and my mother were going to be able to start to relax and do thing for themselves… BAM!!!! Cancer. Melanoma. Most likely caused by his exposure to Agent Orange while serving his nation and overexposure to the sun while working outside to help his family and others.

For three years we prayed and sought every bit of medical help we could. He refused to stop helping others and attending church regularly as he literally withered away. Especially after the Cancer moved into his brain. He died on his 54th birthday, taken far to soon and never having had the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of his labors.

My faith in God and Religion died with him. I’ve come to find my own Spiritual path in the last 20 years. One thst doesn’t suggest The Divine cares one whit about any of us.
Satan has dominion over the Earth. Mkay?
Jesus was the last time God intervened.

There are many voices in religion forums stating they need God to show Himself before they can believe. Some tell us they have earnestly sought God.

Other voices tell us that Biblical accounts brought them not to awe and worship, but to active disdain of God.

Specifically, what has causes disappointment in God?
Have they defined what would convince them it wasn't a magic trick?

well the dominion on Earth is the desert religions so indeed they are their own devil ... self made.

the 1st century itinerant was crucified for their liberation theology, self determination as requested and grated to a&e - till justice is brought against the crucifiers indeed the itinerants death was a reversal of noah and a path to ruination.

Have they defined what would convince them it wasn't a magic trick?
My husband is an atheist/agnostic, and he is an atheist because he wants to get through this life on his own...even if there is a God. We will never find him in a religion forum.

I am puzzled by people who come into a religion forum determined not to pursue God--and they want everyone to know of their lack of pursuit. Yet they retain an inner wistfulness that God will prove Himself to them. I don't understand that--not when they can discover this on their own.

Yes. His throne is built from a "sword." His throne is built from fear.
And not just disdain, but to disregard the existence of him. A supreme creator that is jealous? Tyrannical?
Setting aside you don't know what you are talking about, are you arguing that God can't exist because he's a meanie?

Thank you for the advice but I’ve found my own Spiritual Path. I know thee is a Deity in charge of everything. I’ve had enough experiences to believe that without doubt.
As I said, accept that we don't have any answers to theological questions and carry on doing what you think is right. If there is an after-life it just might be like the first day of school: Welcome and learn.

And you aren't going to tell us what these "experiences" were?
Were you on drugs? Did you have head trauma? Were you SO desperate for an answer, you unconsciously created your own, as many do?

The godless and especially the god haters are always rabid for our experiences, so they can trample them.

No.

Pearls before swine

The godless and especially the god haters are always rabid for our experiences, so they can trample them.
“Trampling” is seldom a good thing but earnest debate, exchange of ideas and experiences is always a good thing.
Pearls before swine
Expressing faith is the basis of Christian preaching and missionary work. “Pearls before seine”?! From a neutral observation, I’d say it’s more like “Swine without pearls”.

“Trampling” is seldom a good thing but earnest debate, exchange of ideas and experiences is always a good thing.

Expressing faith is the basis of Christian preaching and missionary work. “Pearls before seine”?! From a neutral observation, I’d say it’s more like “Swine without pearls”.

My Lord and Savior Himself said after a certain time, I am not expected to continue expressing said faith. See: pearls before swine. See: wipe the dust from your feet and move on. And not JUST that, but as a sort of curse on the people of the town.

That is why I have many here I consider demonic on ignore. I do not have to answer their so-called "questions" and I don't have to hear their howling from the cusp of Hell. May God save their eternal souls.

My Lord and Savior Himself said after a certain time, I am not expected to continue expressing said faith.
I have two questions for you:
1). Has that "certain time" been reached?
2). I think you can guess the second question so you can just answer it without me needing to ask it.

I see it another way...mining for gold. Mine for gold is often a long, sweaty, filthy endeavor ending in failure or merely finding fools gold. Some discover rich veins of gold. They tell others the gold is indeed there to be discovered.

Has that "certain time" been reached?
Are you still here? If there is no gold to be found in a Religion Forum, it is time to move on. On the other hand, if people are in the work mode of sweat and dirt, then encouragement is yours. Keep in mind, if you were mining for gold, would you ignore the pointers given by people who were successful?

Forum List

Back