Dinner last night

What is it about today?
Cheesecake, frozen eggplant parmesan, pizza. At work.

I don't think I'll ever eat again. I can feel my ankles swelling.

tonight.. 2 slices of thick hickory smoked fried bacon. 2 slices of raisin cinnamon french toast.. and diet pepsi. :D

It's too rainy tonight to stand outside minding a chicken on the rotisserie, so tonight it's roast chicken with cornbread stuffing.

Mr. Boe is elated.

Tonight it was steak on the charcoal grill.
Of course salads and baked taters with corn on the cob from my freeaer.

We had brain food.

strange_food01.jpg

I made salmon on Friday too. 375 @ 25 min, peppered with fresh, squeezed lemon, butter and dill

We were in Texas most of last week and brought back a really nasty bug. Not well yet but just now starting to feel human.

So we had a grilled cheese sandwich and some popcorn last night.

It stayed down.

Life is good.

The main thing is you don't puke it up or poop it out.

I like grilled cheese. No popcorn though..I'll stick with tomato soup on that one.

I'll have to contemplate tonight's dinner. At lunch I was watching bizarre foods and Andrew Zimmer ate some gross little mud fish boiled alive in Korea.

I don't think I'll fix that.

Then he ate some innards.

I'm not down for that either.

Though I used the Easter Ham and made some killer beans this weekend....
I just added the beans and some water to the roaster and slapped it in the oven and baked it. So my beans had all the good stuff from the ham pan, and I didn't have to dirty a pot or was the roaster. At least not then.

It made way more than my kids and I can eat in a couple of days...so I took it to church yesterday for potluck, and left it with the pastor's wife. They have 6 kids, they'll eat it.

So my one ham and a little less than a bag of beans fed....16 people, not counting the people at the potluck who ate some as well.

Wow.

Tonight - big salads with leftover roast chicken - and possibly homemade buttermilk biscuits if I'm feeling energetic.

I have a couple of avocados that are at the peak of perfection.

The main thing is you don't puke it up or poop it out.

Yes. It's a dilemma when you aren't sure whether you should lean over the pot or sit on it. And there's the possibility of making some bad decisions about that. But at least that phase is past.

My stomach isn't quite ready for the menu choices you mentioned though.

I like Boedicca's menu. I think tonight it will be spaghetti with a mild tomato sauce. (That's almost like tomato soup. :))

Though I used the Easter Ham and made some killer beans this weekend....
I just added the beans and some water to the roaster and slapped it in the oven and baked it. So my beans had all the good stuff from the ham pan, and I didn't have to dirty a pot or was the roaster. At least not then.

It made way more than my kids and I can eat in a couple of days...so I took it to church yesterday for potluck, and left it with the pastor's wife. They have 6 kids, they'll eat it.

So my one ham and a little less than a bag of beans fed....16 people, not counting the people at the potluck who ate some as well.

Wow.

there's a line in my old joy of cooking that says one definition of eternity is two people and one ham. i'm about ready to make some split pea soup with the easter hambone.

You are a woman!
I'm giving my hambone to my dog.

We have last year's still buried in the yard...it resurfaces every now and then.

We left one at the last place we lived. Actually, we left two, but one of them was there when we arrived. Our dog just found it.

We were in Texas most of last week and brought back a really nasty bug. Not well yet but just now starting to feel human.

So we had a grilled cheese sandwich and some popcorn last night.

It stayed down.

Life is good.

That's funny. you don't look human.

You are a woman!
I'm giving my hambone to my dog.

We have last year's still buried in the yard...it resurfaces every now and then.

We left one at the last place we lived. Actually, we left two, but one of them was there when we arrived. Our dog just found it.

I have a joy of cooking (my kitchen bible) and I do most of the cooking. My wife is nine years younger than me and learned to cook in a microwave. I am the oldest of 4 boys and learned to cook from scratch.
BTW I'm not a woman you sexist pig you....... :lol:

Forum List

Back