Die SEARS

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
sears is closing their rip-off automotive center and ...something else.

I feel sorry for people losing jobs (not like sears pays a lot) but they are one corporation that must die

everything sears sells is made in china . but unlike walmart they charge top dollar.

the 2 years I worked at sears caused me employment related mental issues(i'm not joking)
they take a handful of foreign people and shelter them with employment, then treat everyone else like crap.
their computer system is designed so only a crook can be a successful technician (I can explain if you want)

I won't buy anything sears related . OSH , discover cards, ECT

sears actually has the balls to think they're going to sue people who talk about their crap business on the internet

I feel sorry for people losing jobs (not like sears pays a lot) but they are one corporation that must die

everything sears sells is made in china . but unlike walmart they charge top dollar.

the 2 years I worked at sears caused me employment related mental issues(i'm not joking)
they take a handful of foreign people and shelter them with employment, then treat everyone else like crap.
their computer system is designed so only a crook can be a successful technician (I can explain if you want)

sears actually has the balls to think they're going to sue people who talk about their crap business on the internet

I have been a professional mechanic and machinist for the majority of my 64 years. In my experience all of the major repair chains are inherently dishonest. I worked for Goodyear in Pompano Beach Fla in 1976 while I was there on business and taking my pilot training. I had to quit because the management directed the mechanics to cut hoses and belts to generate more repairs. Based in Seattle as a mechanic most of my career I have seen "estimates" from my customers from all of the chains that would make your jaw drop. They all give free estimates so I do encourage people to go to these places to take advantage of the free service which saves them money. I charge for everything I do that takes time or uses my equipment. The estimates I see from these organizations are usefull as a starting point when diagnosing my customers vehicles. Much of what is written on these free diagnostics is utter nonsense/fraud on many occasions.

I don't know that Sears is any better or worse than many of the chain repair organizations. I do own many Sears tools. The Craftsman gaurantee is just as good as Snapon and in many instances the price, quality and tool design is as good or better than their competitors.

Last edited:
I remember when Sears was the best place in America to work.

Profit Sharing was how capitalism was supposed to work.

My old man retired fat and happy thanks to Sears Roebucks profit sharing plan.

Now?

Now the place is another slow death retail shithole.

Last edited:

I have been a professional mechanic and machinist for the majority of my 64 years. In my experience all of the major repair chains are inherently dishonest. I worked for Goodyear in Pompano Beach Fla in 1976 while I was there on business and taking my pilot training. I had to quit because the management directed the mechanics to cut hoses and belts to generate more repairs. Based in Seattle as a mechanic most of my career I have seen "estimates" from my customers from all of the chains that would make your jaw drop. They all give free estimates so I do encourage people to go to these places to take advantage of the free service which saves them money. I charge for everything I do that takes time or uses my equipment. The estimates I see from these organizations are usefull as a starting point when diagnosing my customers vehicles. Much of what is written on these free diagnostics is utter nonsense/fraud on many occasions.

I don't know that Sears is any better or worse than many of the chain repair organizations. I do own many Sears tools. The Craftsman gaurantee is just as good as Snapon and in many instances the price, quality and tool design is as good or better than their competitors.

Most all of the limpwristers on this site never held a tool in their life, much less bought one.

From what I've read, they're not doing away with all of their automotive departments. They're closing 100 to 120 Sears/KMart stores, and that could mean nearly 15% of their automotive departments, depending on how many of the closures have an automotive department.

Do many people here even use Sears auto?

If you don't like sears, don't shop there. But don't wish for them to die.

sears is a cut-throat business that rips everyone off .

the only thing they know about cars is how to charge a lot of money.
if you hire an AC tech for the air conditioner, they'll talk about replacing your roof

If you don't like sears, don't shop there. But don't wish for them to die.

sears is a cut-throat business that rips everyone off .

the only thing they know about cars is how to charge a lot of money.
if you hire an AC tech for the air conditioner, they'll talk about replacing your roof

Removing the roof is SOP when accessing the A/C thing-A-majig and Doo hickey. I thought EVERYONE knew that.

Now?

I took my 92 year old dad to Sears for a new coffee pot and a citrus juicer. After we made the purchase they charged us a dime for a bag. I suppose that's an indication on how far Sears has fallen.

Now?

Sear Roebuck was the best. Bought my first double barrel shotgun there. Well, my dad did when I was thirteen....:razz:

They would replace any broken tool.

there was a time when people had PRIDE in what they made and sold.

Now its fuck whoever you can and take as much of their money as you can.

Its the ayn Rand way

Forum List

Back