Didn't Know About This...

They also said Biden is trying to turn the US away from God.

I heard someone on NPR once talking about how currency designs are usually approved between two to four years prior to the changes being implemented and new currency minted.

If that's true, and I have no reason to believe it's not, Biden didn't have anything to do with this change...

They aren't nearly as bad as your fantasy, because not only has it merely not crashed, it is the most popular and secure investment on the planet.

I can't dumb that down any further for you.

Now go buy some gold from Ron Paul.
strawman.jpg

Seems like pretty much everything they do these days is symbolic in some way of something.

To reject the notion and to trivialize it is naive.

Well, in this case, it's not naive to do that.

People are getting their panties in a wad because Washington "has turned away from God".

Fuckin' please.

Where was their outrage 23 years ago, when the Delaware quarter was minted?

1024px-2006_Quarter_Proof.png

Last edited:
I heard someone on NPR once talking about how currency designs are usually approved between two to four years prior to the changes being implemented and new currency minted.

If that's true, and I have no reason to believe it's not, Biden didn't have anything to do with this change...

2 to 4 years for currency change approval? If that's the case, then that means Trump is responsible for turning the US away from God!

Well, in this case, it's not naive to do that.
People are getting their panties in a wad because Washington "has turned away from God".

Fuckin' please.

Where was their outrage 23 years ago, when the Delaware quarter was minted?

I wasn't even thinking about the quarter when I said that. I was just generally speaking.

I don't even look at coins. Not really. Usually I just drop em in that little donation thing on the counter if I get em back in change.

I wasn't even thinking about the quarter when I said that. I was just generally speaking.

I don't even look at coins. Not really. Usually I just drop em in that little donation thing on the counter if I get em back in change.
Good, let's change our primitive motto back to E Pluribus Unum.

No, it doesn't...
Yeah, it does. If it takes 2 to 4 years for currency changes to happen, and the President (as some have mistakenly said) is responsible for it, then that means Trump is responsible for the change on the quarter where Washington turned his back on the motto "in God we trust", meaning that Trump is the one that turned the USA away from God. Ya gotta be careful with this conspiracy bullshit, because it can come back to bite you in the ass.

The US bonds remain the most secure investment in the world.

Isn't that because our government has proven they'll "print" more money to pay the interest? ... I can't help but think "printing" 30 trillion dollars these past 14 years is just bound to cause inflation ...

But don't higher interest rates make all bonds better? ...

If US bonds are the most secure in the world ... then it's not the bonds ... it's the United States ...

Yeah, it does. If it takes 2 to 4 years for currency changes to happen, and the President (as some have mistakenly said) is responsible for it, then that means Trump is responsible for the change on the quarter where Washington turned his back on the motto "in God we trust", meaning that Trump is the one that turned the USA away from God. Ya gotta be careful with this conspiracy bullshit, because it can come back to bite you in the ass.

Go look at a Connecticut state quarter from 1999 and get back to me.

Better yet, I just got done giving the smack-down to my idiot cousin, so I have photos. I proved her wrong and now she doesn't want to talk to me. She's a typical, uber right-wing zealot.

Here is the obverse of the Connecticut state quarter:

conn.jpg

Anyone who looks at this and still says that Trump is to blame for "turning us away from God" is a fucking retard.

And here's the reverse, just so you can see the date:

conn01.jpg

There's no "conspiracy bullshit" here, and there sure the fuck isn't anything biting me in the ass. It was a simple design change.

But, if this is indicative of someone "turning us away from God", that someone would've been Bill Clinton...

Isn't that because our government has proven they'll "print" more money to pay the interest?
Which they generally do by issuing bonds. Couldn't do that, if they weren't viewed as secure.

It's not really "printing money", that's kind of a misnomer.

The world loves US debt. It just does. Not because our house words are "Americans always pay their debts". It is because we can be counted on to do so, being one of the largest and most resilient economies in the world. If not #1 in both categories.

Much of this has to do with our stability. Our institutions. The fact that we won't manipulate currency with no regard to our own peril, and that our leadership is civil and is always on the way to being replaced in short order.

Another reason our peaceful transfers of power are so important. People don't like uncertainty or corruption in their international investments.

Which they generally do by issuing bonds. Couldn't do that, if they weren't viewed as secure.

It's not really "printing money", that's kind of a misnomer.

The world loves US debt. It just does. Not because our house words are "Americans always pay their debts". It is because we can be counted on to do so, being one of the largest and most resilient economies in the world. If not #1 in both categories.

Much of this has to do with our stability. Our institutions. The fact that we won't manipulate currency with no regard to our own peril, and that our leadership is civil and is always on the way to being replaced in short order.

Another reason our peaceful transfers of power are so important. People don't like uncertainty or corruption in their international investments.

We sure could issue bonds if they weren't viewed as secure ... they just won't sell, or there have to be a higher interest rate ... like my mother said, junk bonds pay high interest rates, one can make a lot of money buying them ...

We used to run the presses back before digital technology ... today, Treasury just calls the FED and has them credit the US checking account and debit the Nation Debt ledger ... OR ... treasury issues bonds, and deposits the money in their account at the FED while debiting revenue ... so lately, we're 'printing" more money, not borrowing it ... typically this leads to hyperinflation ... the Weimar Republic did this in Germany after WWI, a quintillion Mark war debt is manageable with trillion-fold inflation ...

We can't keep paying off old bonds by issuing new bonds ... that's a pyramid scheme and it will crash and burn ... not all this current inflation is from Russia ... some of it is intrinsic to our economy and government mismanagement ...

All empires fall ...

Then that wouldn't work. But it does work. Very well.

As long as we print money to pay the interest ... or issue more bonds to cover the interest payments on previous bonds ... why do you think Congress has a debt crisis every few years? ... to raise the debt ceiling and borrow more money ... this is only sustainable with hyperinflation ... if it's $5m to mail a letter, that $30t debt doesn't look so big after all ...

Worked well for the Weimar Republic ...

Just because Treasuries are the safest investment doesn't mean they're safe ...

As long as we print money to pay the interest ... or issue more bonds to cover the interest payments on previous bonds ... why do you think Congress has a debt crisis every few years? ... to raise the debt ceiling and borrow more money ... this is only sustainable with hyperinflation ... if it's $5m to mail a letter, that $30t debt doesn't look so big after all ...

Worked well for the Weimar Republic ...

Just because Treasuries are the safest investment doesn't mean they're safe ...
That all sounds very scary. But kind of fantastical.

That all sounds very scary. But kind of fantastical.
Just keep your head in the sand ... you don't have money to worry about to begin with ...

"A debt crisis can also refer to a general term for a proliferation of massive public debt relative to tax revenues, especially in reference to Latin American countries during the 1980s, the United States and the European Union since the mid-2000s, and the Chinese debt crises of 2015."

Forum List

Back