Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
Yeah, struth wasn't talking about any of that shit, when you decided to "reply" to him.

So, I ask AGAIN, what was the supposed "problem" with his reasoning, that you felt so strongly about, but could not.... even address?

I think you are just throwing shit against a wall, like a monkey.

Ok. You want to talk about the CLEAN BREAK STRATEGY.

Tell us why you think it is important first.

Bibi wanted Saddam gone and Syria isolated and destabilized in 1996.. The Brits began Operation Mass Appeal in 1997 to churn out propaganda and sell the war.

In 1998 the Dual citizenship signatories of the PNAC tried to push Bill Clinton into invading Iraq.. He was too smart for them.. Bush hired a bunch of them to his cabinet.

Liberals lie. It is a fundamental part of being liberals. Indeed, is a tautology to say that liberals lie.

tau·tol·o·gy

noun

1. the saying of the same thing twice in different words, generally considered to be a fault of style (e.g., they arrived one after the other in succession ).

I'm not a liberal and Saddam didn't try to kill Papa Bush.. Dubya was pumping out excuses... like the cat ate my homework.. His father disapproved of invading Iraq.

Iraq had been chased out of Kuwait.. That was enough.

It was a very stupid, irresponsible move on Dubya's part, but he sure wanted to be liked by Blair and the Israelis.

Newt Gingrich and Charles Krauthammer made a convincing argument and got me to believe that an Arab population was ready to support a democratic government, and that such a functioning nation in the middle of the ME would be our answer to Islam.

Did Gingrich convince you that the Iraq invasion was a failure when he openly began informing the public that it was going to be a failure in December 2003?

*** FMR. REP. GINGRICH: Well, the war’s a failure in part because the strategy, as I told you on this show in December of ‘03, has been wrong consistently, it’s been a strategy that was far too American.

*** Second, it’s a, it’s a failure because the instruments of national power don’t work. And it’s important to understand we all focus on Maliki’s government. The, the Baker-Hamilton Commission reports that out of 1,000 people in the American Embassy, 33 speak Arabic, eight of them fluently. Now, at some point we have to have a national conversation about the fact that, outside of the uniform military, none of the instruments of national power work, and they need to be fundamentally overhauled. This isn’t about policy.

Bibi wanted Saddam gone and Syria isolated and destabilized in 1996.. The Brits began Operation Mass Appeal in 1997 to churn out propaganda and sell the war.

In 1998 the Dual citizenship signatories of the PNAC tried to push Bill Clinton into invading Iraq.. He was too smart for them.. Bush hired a bunch of them to his cabinet.

So, there were people that wanted Saddam gone, and were pushing for that in the real of public discourse.

Got it.

Ok, is that the part that upsets you, or do we now move on to the next part?

Did Gingrich convince you that the Iraq invasion was a failure when he openly began informing the public that it was going to be a failure in December 2003?

*** FMR. REP. GINGRICH: Well, the war’s a failure in part because the strategy, as I told you on this show in December of ‘03, has been wrong consistently, it’s been a strategy that was far too American.

*** Second, it’s a, it’s a failure because the instruments of national power don’t work. And it’s important to understand we all focus on Maliki’s government. The, the Baker-Hamilton Commission reports that out of 1,000 people in the American Embassy, 33 speak Arabic, eight of them fluently. Now, at some point we have to have a national conversation about the fact that, outside of the uniform military, none of the instruments of national power work, and they need to be fundamentally overhauled. This isn’t about policy.

Maliki was an Iranian stooge. another ridiculous blunder by Dubya.

I'm not a liberal and Saddam didn't try to kill Papa Bush.. Dubya was pumping out excuses... like the cat ate my homework.. His father disapproved of invading Iraq.

Iraq had been chased out of Kuwait.. That was enough.

It was a very stupid, irresponsible move on Dubya's part, but he sure wanted to be liked by Blair and the Israelis.

His father disagreed. Bill Clinton had a policy of fucking with Iraq though his whole time in office. That was not peace. That was brinksmanship.

From both sides. Saddam was playing the same game from the other side.

All my questions are real. You are welcome to answer any one of them when you get done pissing and moaning all over this thread.

Wow. I thought for sure you would pick one. Was my request for you to drop the spin shit too much? You just couldn't do it?

His father disagreed. Bill Clinton had a policy of fucking with Iraq though his whole time in office. That was not peace. That was brinksmanship.

From both sides. Saddam was playing the same game from the other side.

Arabs, oil men, diplomats, historians, and American expats in the ME all opposed Bush's invasion.

Do you know what the Dual Containment Policy was?

In early December 1998, the biggest news concerned impending congressional proceedings on the impeachment of Clinton. The question was scheduled for House floor debate on Thursday, the 17th. Voting appeared likely the next day.

On Wednesday, the 16th, Clinton again bombed Iraq, falsely claiming it was not cooperating with UN inspectors. Consequently the House postponed the impeachment matter for a day and Iraq took over the headlines. Killing a couple of hundred Iraqis, the bombings continued until impeachment was voted December 19.

How is any of that relevant to anything we have been discussing? Your focus has been completely on "proving" or spam botting your talking points that there was no good reason for supporting the war and that those that did are "bloodthirsty warmongers".

Jumping from that, to suddenly, a point about judging the policy from a perspective of years afterwards, is a complete subject change.

It really, really looks like you are playing the circular debating game, to avoid being nailed down to really defending any of your central points.

Wally.

1628440457563.png

Arabs, oil men, diplomats, historians, and American expats in the ME all opposed Bush's invasion.

Do you know what the Dual Containment Policy was?

In early December 1998, the biggest news concerned impending congressional proceedings on the impeachment of Clinton. The question was scheduled for House floor debate on Thursday, the 17th. Voting appeared likely the next day.

On Wednesday, the 16th, Clinton again bombed Iraq, falsely claiming it was not cooperating with UN inspectors. Consequently the House postponed the impeachment matter for a day and Iraq took over the headlines. Killing a couple of hundred Iraqis, the bombings continued until impeachment was voted December 19.

Like I said, Brinksmanship, not peace. So, what is your point?

SAG is Saudi Arab Government. You don't know who Bandar is either.

Dude. My point is, that your post was irrelevant and made no point and had nothing to do with the post you responded to.

you seem to be a spam bot, like NOt, but set to "random shit".

Who the fuck cares about Bandar relevant to this issue?

Clinton was trying to distract Americans from his Monica sex scandal.

Ok. And that is relevant to what I said how? What does it matter to this thread? Or the Iraq War?

Do you even understand that you have not actually made a point?

How is any of that relevant to anything we have been discussing?

It is most relevant because you cited Gingrich as a source of inspiration that helped to produce your support for starting a war that ended up killing half a million Iraqis.

He was an architect of the war and nine months in he sees it going to shit so he openly objects to what W and all his Lieutenants were doing.

And you trusted that white Christian moron for advice on starting a war in a Muslim country and you want to say his objections after the war and occupation started are not relevant.

I understand when you don’t know how to respond so you need to end it and run away in a new direction.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back