Did you know that our Dept of Homeland Security, est. 2002 already has 240,000 employees?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Just let that sink in for a minute. An entire government agency that didn't even exist 18 years ago already employs the population of a good sized American city! WTF do they all do? And what are we getting for our tax dollars in funding this enormous bureaucracy? I can tell you one thing we AREN'T getting. That is a secure homeland.

Did you know that about a dozen agencies were reassigned to be under the DHS? I don't think you did. Customs, immigration, coast guard and a bunch more were folded together under a coordinated command structure to make sure intelligence could be more easily shared.

The Republicans were all about creating the DHS under the guise of fighting terrorism, remember?

The Republicans were all about creating the DHS under the guise of fighting terrorism, remember?
Both Dems and Repubs failed to mention that US citizens unwilling to go along with the ridiculous and illegal acts would be the so called "terrorist" back then either.

occupied I did not, thank you. My question remains valid however why do we need 240,000 employees working homeland security? Our government is out of control on it's spending as well as it's staffing. It is all wasted tax money.

occupied I did not, thank you. My question remains valid however why do we need 240,000 employees working homeland security? Our government is out of control on it's spending as well as it's staffing. It is all wasted tax money.
I'm sure a lot of it is wasteful but most of it is crucial. We are an absurdly big country with a lot of different threats from every direction.

Did you know that about a dozen agencies were reassigned to be under the DHS?
Actually it was 22 according to the OP's link that he didn't bother to read.

• The Department of Homeland Security was established in 2002, combining 22 different federal departments and agencies into a unified, integrated Cabinet agency.

Last edited:
Just let that sink in for a minute. An entire government agency that didn't even exist 18 years ago already employs the population of a good sized American city! WTF do they all do? And what are we getting for our tax dollars in funding this enormous bureaucracy? I can tell you one thing we AREN'T getting. That is a secure homeland.

Yay Bush!

The same kinds of people who back Trump today were gleeful at the creation of DHS and the Patriot Act.

"He kept us safe!"

Remember that?

I'm sure a lot of it is wasteful but most of it is crucial. We are an absurdly big country with a lot of different threats from every direction.

The major threat we face is Bi-Dung's Administration and a Dimm majority Congress!
Our forefather's only gave us one remedy.
And there are no taker's.

Anyone who is against the Department of Fatherland Security and the Patriot Act is a traitor who wants the terrorists to win.

The major threat we face is Bi-Dung's Administration and a Dimm majority Congress!
Our forefather's only gave us one remedy.
And there are no taker's.
Ah the "enemy within". A favorite of fascists everywhere.

The PATRIOT Act. If you ain't fer it, yoo ain't a patriot.

Thanks to the Patriot Act, former House Speaker Denny Hastert (R-IL) was caught making hush money payments to hide his molestation of children.

Up to that point, I had no idea he was a Muslim terrorist.

Reminder: You can't just say terrorist. You have to say MUSLIM terrorist.

You must live in a state that illegals have the right to vote and you may be an illegal.
Either way, you are anti- American.
That's right. If you ain't a fascist, you are anti-American.

Are you REALLY surprised?

Democrats are not just for 'Big Government' - they are for HUGE government.

Government does not MAKE money (unless you count printing it).

That being said, every new agency, new department, new employee they create / hire is another drain on tax payers...and they could care less.

Are you REALLY surprised?

Democrats are not just for 'Big Government' - they are for HUGE government.

Government does not MAKE money (unless you count printing it).

That being said, every new agency, new department, new employee they create / hire is another drain on tax payers...and they could care less.
DHS was created by a Republican President and a Republican Congress, dumbass.

I find your claim that you have a degree in journalism virtually impossible to believe. You are nothing more than a copy-and-paste parroting rube of the stupidest bullshit.

Then again, I have a very low opinion of the erudition or veracity of journalists. So maybe you do have that degree.

Forum List

Back