Did you know that 'gyyped' is a racial slur?

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Whoopi Goldberg has apologized after being criticized for using a derogatory term on "The View".
The actress shared a video message via the show's official Twitter profile after she faced backlash for using the word "gy***d" when discussing how some Donald Trump supporters felt after his loss in the 2020 election, Entertainment Weekly reported.
Goldberg then said in her apology video, "You know, when you’re a certain age, you use words that you know from when you were a kid or you remember saying.
"And that’s what I did today, and I shouldn’t have."

comment:
I did not know that 'gyyped' was a racial slur.
Cher should also apologize for defaming gypsies.

Whoopie also farts a lot on The View
ABC and The View are on the cutting edge of low class Left Wing behavior.

Whoopi Goldberg loudly passed gas during Wednesday morning's show in the latest cringe-worthy moment for the co-host.

Video of the incident shows the veteran actor getting thrown off her talking points after experiencing the gassy interruption.

Goldberg even went on to acknowledge the incident, telling the audience: 'That was gas,' as her co-hosts and the audience laughed out loud.

I don't understand the woke or anti-woke thing. I don't think it would be possible for me to care any less about what someone calls me, or what anyone else wants to be called. I simply dont care. what I find stupidest about the whole thing is people that get all worked up because they can't say the n word or other offensive terms. There are lots of words in English, find one that is not offensive.

Can I ask how the word became a racial slur? I ask because I have never looked at it in such a way. To me, it's another way of saying that a person got ripped off.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Apparently it refers to Gypsies.
We used "gypped" occasionally as kids and was synonymous with "ripped off".
Never had any other connotation for us.
In this case, I don't think Whoopi has anything to apologize for.

Last edited:
People just used to be a lot less offended by things than they are today.

The term "jewing" used to be a popular synonym meaning to to drive a hard bargain that was very common among ordinary people.

And honkies never objected much to the idiom "that's mighty white of you" given to those who were particularly decent.

Its just all about common conceptions people have about certain people groups.

Whoopi Goldberg has apologized after being criticized for using a derogatory term on "The View".
The actress shared a video message via the show's official Twitter profile after she faced backlash for using the word "gy***d" when discussing how some Donald Trump supporters felt after his loss in the 2020 election, Entertainment Weekly reported.
Goldberg then said in her apology video, "You know, when you’re a certain age, you use words that you know from when you were a kid or you remember saying.
"And that’s what I did today, and I shouldn’t have."

comment:
I did not know that 'gyyped' was a racial slur.
Cher should also apologize for defaming gypsies.

The left are turning on their own.

They wanted to eat her for that.

Yum.

There will be a tipping point when even some of the left will say enough is enough. The only reason she is apologizing is because of the $$$. But at some point, for some on the left, logic and common sense will be more important than the $$$, and they will turn.

Forum List

Back