Did you know that Congress has already determined, as a matter of law, that the Jan 6 Capitol attack was an insurrection?

No Congress has not made any determination of an insurrection it takes both the house and Senate dumbass

No, that would be a determination to be made by the Judicial branch. Congress has no authority to have any part in making such a determination. The Legislative Branch has the power to make laws. The power and duty to apply laws belongs to the Judicial Branch. That's pretty much the core point of the distinction and separation between the two branches of government.

No, that would be a determination to be made by the Judicial branch. Congress has no authority to have any part in making such a determination. The Legislative Branch has the power to make laws. The power and duty to apply laws belongs to the Judicial Branch. That's pretty much the core point of the distinction and separation between the two branches of government.
That is all news to the leftist kiddies.

except I told you the other day and you thanked me for it,,

to date you have never answered the question,,
Must have slipped my memory, as I have no recollection of such a conversation.

So, are you making it up or can you link it for us?

No not according to the 14th amendment section 5
Passed by the Senate on June 8, 1866, and ratified two years later, on July 9, 1868, the Fourteenth Amendment granted citizenship to all persons "born or naturalized in the United States," including formerly enslaved people, and provided all citizens with “equal protection under the laws,” extending the provisions of the Bill of Rights to the states. The amendment authorized the government to punish states that abridged citizens’ right to vote by proportionally reducing their representation in Congress. It banned those who “engaged in insurrection” against the United States from holding any civil, military, or elected office without the approval of two-thirds of the House and Senate. The amendment prohibited former Confederate states from repaying war debts and compensating former slave owners for the emancipation of their enslaved people. Finally, it granted Congress the power to enforce this amendment, a provision that led to the passage of other landmark legislation in the 20th century, including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Congress required former Confederate states to ratify the Fourteenth Amendment as a condition of regaining federal representation.

What, the bullshit medal thing? It was a feel good vote. It was not an adjudication. If you do not allow the accused to defend himself then there is a gross lack of due process. Second, the vote was not on the question “Did Trump commit the crime of insurrection?” And even if it was, that does not constitute an adjudication. Rather it is a political vote. Politicians vote for different reasons. I suspect that here they were voting to give a bunch of rent-a-cops a medal because … stuff.

You mean, I am sorry if you do not get how our system works, but you are just confirming what a fucking idiot you are. You even stunned me this time.
And yet it is a now a law and says it was an insurrection.

He's both. Being a liar, and being ignorant, are not mutually exclusive.

If he wasn't so fucking ignorant, he'd at least be able to lie more convincingly.

Creep is on FIRE tonight....

8biovw.jpg

What, the bullshit medal thing? It was a feel good vote. It was not an adjudication. If you do not allow the accused to defend himself then there is a gross lack of due process. Second, the vote was not on the question “Did Trump commit the crime of insurrection?” And even if it was, that does not constitute an adjudication. Rather it is a political vote. Politicians vote for different reasons. I suspect that here they were voting to give a bunch of rent-a-cops a medal because … stuff.

You mean, I am sorry if you do not get how our system works, but you are just confirming what a fucking idiot you are. You even stunned me this time.

At most, Congress could enact a law defining something that Trump is alleged to have done, as “insurrection”. But even if they did that, Trump could still not be prosecuted under that law, for anything that he is alleged to have done before that law was enacted. To try to enact a law that worked that way would make it an ex post facto law, which is explicitly prohibited under Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 3 and Article I Section 10, Paragraph 1 of the Constitution.

It was a bill, now a law.

It was an awards ceremony. Award ceremonies aren’t law.

Public Law 117 - 32 - An act to award four congressional gold medals to the United States Capitol Police and those who protected the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.​

Here’s a clue, laws are not drafted to award medals.

Forum List

Back