Did you know that alcohol is made out of shit?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
It's true. Fermentation is a process whereby micro-organisms (yeast) consume sugar and shit out ethanol.

Pretty cool huh. :thup:

one of my professors would let us know when class wass dismissed by telling us it was time for bacteria urine.

• Banned
One of my favorite flavors of excrement...

guinness-04.jpg

manifold said:
It's true. Fermentation is a process whereby micro-organisms (yeast) consume sugar and shit out ethanol.

Heh maybe thats why i dont like it!! (Caint stand the taste :D)

So when the wife tells me I have a "shit-eatin' grin," there's actually some truth to that?

Parents teachin' their kids to be the next generation of sop-heads...
:eusa_eh:
Parenting style strongly affects drinking, Demos says
27 August 2011 - Parenting style is one of the strongest influences on how a child drinks as a young adult, a study suggests.
Independent think tank Demos studied data based on more than 30,000 children born in the UK in the last 40 years. It found that a "tough love" style of parenting was the best way to ensure children drank more responsibly when they were aged between 16 and 34. The research also suggests that being too authoritarian with children could be as ineffectual as being too casual.

Warm and affectionate

Researchers found that the best approach was for parents to be warm and affectionate until the age of 10 and then combine this with more discipline. Then at ages 15 to 16 there should be more supervision. It found high levels of parental attachment when children were aged under five significantly reduced the chances of them drinking excessively later in life. Demos's study found bad parenting at 16 made children more than eight times more likely to drink excessively at that age and over twice as likely to binge drink when they were 34.

Its report says parents should discuss alcohol with their children and set firm boundaries on drinking, avoid being drunk around them and actively ensure they develop sensible expectations of consumption. It says ensuring teenagers do not have easy access to alcohol at home and monitoring drinking in the home environment is another important element of a tough love approach. The think tank recommends that parents take a lead role in dealing with "an entrenched binge drinking culture" in Britain with government support. The government should enforce under-age drinking laws - in partnership with local authorities and retailers - so that alcohol boundaries are clear, it says.

Investment should also be made in alcohol-related school programmes involving parents, the report says. Activities for at-risk children are also important during school holidays when there can be more opportunities to engage in binge drinking, Demos says. Report author Jamie Bartlett said the impact of parenting on children's future drinking "cannot be ignored". "This is good for parents: those difficult moments of enforcing tough rules really do make a difference, even if it doesn't always feel like that at the time." Data used in Demos's study came from the 1970 British Cohort Study and the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children.

BBC News - Parenting style strongly affects drinking, Demos says

Let's raise our glass to life anaerobic
They piss till they die and ~ DAMN! ~ that's heroic.
We bottle their piss and we call it wine
Or beer, or we distill it and call it moonshine.​

We age it in barrels and bottles and kegs.
We drink down their piss til we can't feel our legs
So hail anaerobics, our favorite bacterium
We give you sugar and you give us delerium.​

editec 2011​

Granny says, "Drink dat rot-gut long enough an' it'll rot yer gut...
:eek:
What damage does alcohol do to our bodies?
1 October 2011 - We know that drinking too much alcohol is bad for us. It gives us hangovers, makes us feel tired and does little for our appearance - and that is just the morning afterwards.
Long term, it increases the risk of developing a long list of health conditions including breast cancer, oral cancers, heart disease, strokes and cirrhosis of the liver. Research shows that a high alcohol intake can also damage our mental health, impair memory skills and reduce fertility. The direct link between alcohol and the liver is well understood - but what about the impact of alcohol on other organs? Numerous heart studies suggest that moderate alcohol consumption helps protect against heart disease by raising good cholesterol and stopping the formation of blood clots in the arteries.

Toxic

However, drinking more than three drinks a day has been found to have a direct and damaging effect on the heart. Heavy drinking, particularly over time, can lead to high blood pressure, alcoholic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure and stroke. Heavy drinking also puts more fat into the circulation of the body. The link between alcohol and cancer is well established, says Cancer Research UK. A study published in the BMJ this year estimated that alcohol consumption causes at least 13,000 cancer cases in the UK each year - about 9,000 cases in men and 4,000 in women. Cancer experts say that for every additional 10g per day of alcohol drunk, the risk of breast cancer increases by approximately 7-12%. For bowel cancer, previous studies show that increasing alcohol intake by 100g per week increases the cancer risk by 19%.

A recent report in BioMed Central's Immunology journal found that alcohol impairs the body's ability to fight off viral infections. And studies on fertility suggest that even light drinking can make women less likely to conceive while heavy drinking in men can lower sperm quality and quantity. Why alcohol has this negative effect on all elements of our health could be down to acetaldehyde - the product alcohol is broken down into in the body. Acetaldehyde is toxic and has been shown to damage DNA.

Dr KJ Patel, from the Medical Research Council's laboratory of molecular biology in Cambridge, recently completed a study into the toxic effects of alcohol on mice. His research implies that a single binge-drinking dose of alcohol during pregnancy may be sufficient to cause permanent damage to a baby's genome. Foetal alcohol syndrome, he says, "can give rise to children who are seriously damaged, born with head and facial abnormalities and mental disabilities".

'Clear dose relationship'

Now always having been a chicky boom boom babe with tequila, I have not suffered as most in the lets see what beer will give me the worst shits on the planet.

This is my husband though. He keeps trying out different beers and sobs on the porcelain altar most Saturday nights and has not learned his lesson yet.

I have to give him credit for stamina though. He's a champ and always going "not this one honey".

I'm learning to guage by meters now for bazooka barfs.

and this is proof :eusa_hand:

Milwaukee Beast is bad, but I can go one worse.

StagBeer.jpg

This crap tastes like they took a dead deer, put it in a vat of boiled wheat for 2 days, then bottled the run-off.

I take it that you haven't tried Moosehead yet?

It's an experience. Moosehead beer inspires people to jump into frozen lakes while their friends are ice fishing.

And you folks have the nerve to diss people in Kentucky and Tennessee. Sheesh. Get a grip.

Forum List

Back