Did you know Ben Carson has no idea what the debt ceiling is?

I think he's being obtuse about this. The debt ceiling has branding power with rebel republicans.

Seriously?

As in, he's purposely being dumb to attract RWNJs who don't know what the debt ceiling is?

I doubt it. More likely he doesn't know either.

But yes, his ignorance does appeal to some.
The Debt Ceiling is the Pie in the Sky with unlimited borrowing paid back by pixie dust............

The Debt Ceiling is a tool to try and reverse course on our enormous debt...................To FIND CUTS to stop having to borrow...........

Obama's initial budget proposes an added $74 billion in spending, Cornyn dismisses it as 'happy talk'

Yet he asks to increase spending by 74 Billion..................
You can inhale that dust if you like, but cutting spending will entail making laws to restructure government operations. Making political waves out of the debt ceiling is a way to get votes and funds from simple people.

Full interview: Dr. Ben Carson on the economy | Marketplace.org

Full interview.................he knows what the Debt Ceiling is.............He said he wants to Freeze Spending and will not continue us down the path to year after year of raising the debt limit.............which leads to more and more debt...................................

Basically, he is saying that he wants to cut the credit card off..................

He also stated that he would order every department of the Federal Gov't to make 3 to 4% cuts across the board........CEO's do this all the time in business..................Dept. heads...........meeting..................cut your spending by x amount give me your proposed cuts for approval............................................

And we all know HOW CEOs do it...Business Visas and off-shoring.
Then again, Cheney off-shored our Military already.
Different Topic................Federal Agencies find a 4 % cut.................or I'll find someone who can..............

Not quite true, I believe Michigan was the first state to import H1-Bs for their IT.
Disgusting.
I don't support that...........Trimming the fat of Federal agencies by 4%.........cry me a river.

The candidates who support their followers cannot easily cut the fat.
Their Party Clubs and Rallys will become Ghost Towns.
Mob rules...................to a Fiscally destructive path.

I'm not sure I understand it either,

is it like having a credit card and I keep getting the limit set higher so I can borrow more, I'd hate to go over the limit. Should I spend less or just keep the limit going up. Of course its not my choice is it.

Who raise the US debt limit, the Federal Reserve?
The 'debt ceiling' is a ridiculous political contrivance, having nothing to do with 'fiscal responsibility':

Five myths about the debt ceiling

I think he's being obtuse about this. The debt ceiling has branding power with rebel republicans.

Seriously?

As in, he's purposely being dumb to attract RWNJs who don't know what the debt ceiling is?

The Debt Ceiling is the Pie in the Sky with unlimited borrowing paid back by pixie dust............

The Debt Ceiling is a tool to try and reverse course on our enormous debt...................To FIND CUTS to stop having to borrow...........

Obama's initial budget proposes an added $74 billion in spending, Cornyn dismisses it as 'happy talk'

You can inhale that dust if you like, but cutting spending will entail making laws to restructure government operations. Making political waves out of the debt ceiling is a way to get votes and funds from simple people.
Baloney.........it's not Mandatory spending we are talking about................The 12 Federal Agencies get a set amount of funding each year to operate................They must make do with that amount of money...............

Are you really trying to saying Ben Carson is stupid? Really? You're playing that card?
I know many Physicians, Accountants and Attorneys who have NO idea what's going on in the world besides what they do all day.
Of course, most of the professionals in my community are very busy and thankfully successful and have no time to really concentrate on the bullshit coming out of their Conservative Talk Radio host's mouth.

Ben Carson botches debt ceiling interview - Business Insider

Ryssdal: I'm going try one more time, sir. This is debt that's already obligated. Would you not favor increasing the debt limit to pay the debts already incurred?

Carson: What I'm saying is what we have to do is restructure the way that we create debt. I mean if we continue along this, where does it stop? It never stops. You're always going ask the same question every year. And we're just gonna keep going down that pathway. That's one of the things I think that the people are tired of.

Ryssdal: I'm really trying not to be circular here, Dr. Carson, but if you're not going to raise the debt limit and you're not going to give specifics on what you're gonna cut, then how are we going to know what you are going to do as president of the United States?

----------------------

Hilarious.

There's no doubt that you think all black people are stupid. You get really upset when a black man gets out from
under your control eh Jethro? Good to see you have finally stopped hiding your racism and let it all out there. Moron.

Seriously?

Baloney.........it's not Mandatory spending we are talking about................The 12 Federal Agencies get a set amount of funding each year to operate................They must make do with that amount of money...............
It's like a parrot.

Cutting spending will entail making laws to restructure government operations. You have to make a budget.

Ryssdal: I'm going try one more time, sir. This is debt that's already obligated. Would you not favor increasing the debt limit to pay the debts already incurred?

Carson: What I'm saying is what we have to do is restructure the way that we create debt. I mean if we continue along this, where does it stop? It never stops. You're always going ask the same question every year. And we're just gonna keep going down that pathway. That's one of the things I think that the people are tired of.

Ryssdal: I'm really trying not to be circular here, Dr. Carson, but if you're not going to raise the debt limit and you're not going to give specifics on what you're gonna cut, then how are we going to know what you are going to do as president of the United States?

----------------------

Hilarious.

He didn't "Botch it" racist. He said we need to control spending and h'es right

Are you really trying to saying Ben Carson is stupid? Really? You're playing that card?
I listened to what he was saying................when you read between the lines, as he is soft spoken, he's saying CUT SOMEWHERE or we are gonna shut down................I believe he wanted to say it...............but they'd have a field day with it..........

As it is, they are saying.........as was the interviewer...........that he didn't know what it is.....................Not to mention that that if they want to be factual on it....................MANDATORY SPENDING is 2/3rd's of the Budget..............It gets paid...............including the interest payments irregardless of the temp shutdown of non essential personnel of the 1/3rd...............

Not to mention that they can go to passing the 12 budgets that our Congress basically doesn't do anymore..........

Seriously?

It's like a parrot.

Cutting spending will entail making laws to restructure government operations. You have to make a budget.
They are supposed to make 12 BUDGETS, and 12 bills for appropriations..........EVERY YEAR..................A CR is last years budget on ALL 12 AGENCIES plus or minus any add ons...............

Do Progressive not understand that deficits come from overspending?
It's an act of balancing which congress has defaulted on completing. There's no guaranteed income, so we rely on lawmakers to guess appropriations. Spending has to be cut with law, not through mismanagement.

Do Progressive not understand that deficits come from overspending?
It's an act of balancing which congress has defaulted on completing. There's no guaranteed income, so we rely on lawmakers to guess appropriations. Spending has to be cut with law, not through mismanagement.
Again, 12 Appropriation bills, to give a budget to each agency.............................that is your budget, and that is the law.................

The CBO, and others project expected revenues..........................

debt_ceiling.jpg

We go through this every time. The RWs always blame President Obama for putting us deeper in debt instead of understanding that he doesn't have anything to do with that.

And they never understand what the debt ceiling is.
Ryan/Boehner tell obama to spend away!! | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

We'll explain it again but they won't understand it this time either.

Not at all surprised that Carson doesn't understand it either. Neither do PaulRubioCruz. They voted for the debt but now say they'll filibuster against raising the debt ceiling. How do these yahoos get elected?
How do they get elected?
Ebola
Diseased children from below Mexico
Isis

----------------------

Hilarious.

Rdean is 100% stupid and liberal as always. He says Carson does not know what the debt ceiling is but fails to present any evidence.

I miss GW, let's elect Sean Hannity.
The problem is that most Americans don't know what the Debt Ceiling is because the name doesn't describe what it is.
It should be called the "How much do we need to borrow to pay off our incurred Debts?".
debt ceiling is a good enough name. Neither a family or govt should increase debt when each man, woman and child is already in debt $70,000 thanks in part to continuous debt ceiling increases.

Simple enough for a monkey to understand just not a liberal

I miss GW, let's elect Sean Hannity.
The problem is that most Americans don't know what the Debt Ceiling is because the name doesn't describe what it is.
It should be called the "How much do we need to borrow to pay off our incurred Debts?".
debt ceiling is a good enough name. Neither a family or govt should increase debt when each man, woman and child is already in debt $70,000 thanks in part to continuous debt ceiling increases.

Simple enough for a monkey to understand just not a liberal
Boring...

Forum List

Back