Did you ever think you would see this outside the SCOTUS building

When governments anywhere know for a fact they are taking away people's rights they usually have to call out the army. Apparently people get kind of upset.

Ever heard of federalism?

Roe is a terrible decision, which even Bader-Ginsburg acknowledged. If it's struck down, don't worry, you can still rip your babies apart limb from limb in the womb. You just have to rely on your state not to take this "right" away.

I wouldn't mind seeing this inside The Supreme Court ...

maxresdefault.jpg

Other than some bollards out front there's not much outside, that and I suspect that they have a aversion to barbed wire and gates anyway.

R.d6aa8e9f37475e68879418a522fc274e

Though they do remind you of it when you go in.
OIP.NpqbOC_OO2GkVC4bCGSQhwHaE1

When I went it was like going through TSA to get into the building and their were guards everywhere once you were inside of it.

Never in a million years. Never. I will say that as many times as I have to.

You will never see that kind of behavior from those on the right who know better.

I'm sure there are those on the left who know better, too, but are afraid to say it. They know what their leaders and clique-mates will say or do to them if they do.

Now, seeing as this is our first time crossing paths on this forum:

If it was out of some sense of false objectivity you presented that argument then spare me. I can't stand people who think themselves mentally adroit enough to remain above the fray, even I'm not immune to the draw. If you're the type who thinks any and all acts of this nature are white right wingers or some other garbage then you are blind beyond hope.

If you think that by me defending the right that I somehow toe the line for them, you are sorely mistaken. They are just about as weak and feckless as the left. I'm only telling you these things as to clear up any seemingly willful misconceptions you have of me.

Otherwise, well met and have a pleasant night.
Fair enough; the short answer is that no, I didn't have any nefarious ideas in mind. My role in society requires me to be impartial, and I try to practice that here as well; in this case, I focused on just the sentence that says "Republicans have never engaged in this kind of behavior." One can make an argument about which party did it more, or in what way or for what reason, but not when you include the absolute "never." It's not true that "all" attacks such as this are from white right-wingers, but the link shows that some are.

Honestly, I'd rather speak with people here based on what we have in common (American democracy rocks, Communism sucks, and so on) rather than get involved in the name-calling and roundabout trolling that often goes on. I'm not on here as often as everyone else, though, so I can't often keep track of who said what and when. Even if we disagree about some things, I would much rather have a well met and pleasant night than rack up an adversary for something little.

So, have a pleasant Tuesday. :)

I focused on just the sentence that says "Republicans have never engaged in this kind of behavior." One can make an argument about which party did it more, or in what way or for what reason, but not when you include the absolute "never." It's not true that "all" attacks such as this are from white right-wingers, but the link shows that some are.

The use of the word "never" was appropriate, given the type of behavior I described. Illegally picketing outside a Justice's home, doxxing the children of another, attempting to assassinate a Justice. When I say I have never seen Republicans engage in this uniquely evil behavior, I mean it. Those are third-world intimidation tactics. What you focus on are terrorist acts which may or may not have specific targets in mind. What these leftists are doing are targeted acts of aggression and intimidation toward meaningful authority figures in our government, actual attempts to destabilize it.

Once again, never is sufficient and accurate. Focusing on one word is wholly insufficient without analyzing the context of the claim being made.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'd rather speak with people here based on what we have in common (American democracy rocks, Communism sucks, and so on) rather than get involved in the name-calling and roundabout trolling that often goes on. I'm not on here as often as everyone else, though, so I can't often keep track of who said what and when. Even if we disagree about some things, I would much rather have a well met and pleasant night than rack up an adversary for something little.

So be it. And for that, you have my respect.

Chuck Schumer. End of list.

BUT that was 2 YEARS AGO? And he apologized in public, less than 24 hours after he said it. Two years ago, with an apology? Two years ago.....

No one has encouraged violent acts against scouts in the Democratic side of the leadership.

This fence up, is what is now our new norm since Trump sent his thugs down to the capitol on 1/6.

BUT that was 2 YEARS AGO? And he apologized in public, less than 24 hours after he said it. Two years ago, with an apology? Two years ago.....
And do you naively think the extremists in your party were ever swayed by that apology? Not in the slightest. To my knowledge, he never discouraged any violence against the SCOTUS justices, either. The damage has been done, and people, no matter who they are or how stupid they might be, have the capacity for memorization and the ability to act on the false rage those comments cause. The age of the comments he made is irrelevant, the apology is meaningless, namely because it did not stop the attempted assassination of Kavanaugh, the doxxing of ACB's children, or the leak of the Dobbs draft.

You underestimate the staying power of comments like that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back