Did Billy Graham get a message from God?

Evangelical right wingers like Ralph Reed and Gary Bauer came to the same epiphany. So have many of my fellow Southern Baptist's. After years of preaching about putting a Christian in the White House and mounting evangelism missions to save the "lost" Mormon's, suddenly Mormonism is alright, it's acceptable, they're one of us. :rolleyes::roll eyes:

The whole Christian facade of the GOP's Evangelical movement just collapsed and nobody noticed but you and I.

"Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!"
He said, "Nobody loves me."
I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?"
He said, "A Christian."
I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?"
He said, "Protestant."
I said, "Me, too! What franchise?"
He said, "Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912."
I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over."

Emo Philips

Voted 44th funniest joke of all time in "The 75 Funniest Jokes of All Time" in GQ magazine (June 1999)

That is funny. REALLY funny!:D: clap2:

I'm wondering seeing as how Graham made a change in his "cult list."

Billy Graham’s Evangelical Group Removes Mormonism From Cult List

CHARLOTTE (CBS Charlotte/AP) — The evangelical group run by Rev. Billy Graham does not believe Mormonism is a religious cult anymore.
According to The Charlotte Observer, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association removed Mormonism from its list of religious cults this past week.

“Our primary focus at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association has always been promoting the Gospel of Jesus Christ,” Ken Barun, the association’s chief of staff, told The Observer in a statement. “We removed the information from the website because we do not wish to participate in a theological debate about something that has become politicized during this campaign.”

Scientologists, Unitarians, and Jehovah’s Witnesses, among others, were listed as religious cults according to Graham’s association.
The move comes after Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney met with Graham last week, with the aging evangelist pledging to do “all I can” to help the GOP nominee win the presidency.

Romney went to see Graham and his son, the Rev. Franklin Graham, at the elderly evangelist’s mountaintop home in the mountains of western North Carolina.

Billy Graham’s Evangelical Group Removes Mormonism From Cult List « CBS Charlotte

I just think it's funny that hard core conservatives christians arent nearly had hateful and racist as you libtards claim....and man if a black goes republican they get all kinds of racist talk.....

The two times I visited an evangelical church, a mega church, I sat through classes explaining how Morons are going to hell because mormonism is a cult.

That's been going on for decades.

Evangelical right wingers like Ralph Reed and Gary Bauer came to the same epiphany. So have many of my fellow Southern Baptist's. After years of preaching about putting a Christian in the White House and mounting evangelism missions to save the "lost" Mormon's, suddenly Mormonism is alright, it's acceptable, they're one of us. :rolleyes::roll eyes:

The whole Christian facade of the GOP's Evangelical movement just collapsed and nobody noticed but you and I.

What's next? A Jew???

They spend so much time teaching their 'flocks' about how all other religions are going to hell... a great marketing scam if you think about it.

Looks like democrat hatred can transcend any doctrinal gulf, praise Jeebus.

Oh please.....I've been an eangelical christian for 30 years......and I've never had an issue with mormons..

What's next? A Jew???

They spend so much time teaching their 'flocks' about how all other religions are going to hell... a great marketing scam if you think about it.

IU love liberals.......they love to project on us.....I'd for for a jew or a muslim, depending on their politics.....now others it would be more difficult for me.....I'm ok with people of the book......but all in all, policies and values matter the most.....

CHARLOTTE (CBS Charlotte/AP) — The evangelical group run by Rev. Billy Graham does not believe Mormonism is a religious cult anymore.
According to The Charlotte Observer, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association removed Mormonism from its list of religious cults this past week.

“Our primary focus at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association has always been promoting the Gospel of Jesus Christ,” Ken Barun, the association’s chief of staff, told The Observer in a statement. “We removed the information from the website because we do not wish to participate in a theological debate about something that has become politicized during this campaign.”

Scientologists, Unitarians, and Jehovah’s Witnesses, among others, were listed as religious cults according to Graham’s association.
The move comes after Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney met with Graham last week, with the aging evangelist pledging to do “all I can” to help the GOP nominee win the presidency.

Romney went to see Graham and his son, the Rev. Franklin Graham, at the elderly evangelist’s mountaintop home in the mountains of western North Carolina.

Billy Graham’s Evangelical Group Removes Mormonism From Cult List « CBS Charlotte

Especially funny is that the morms still have his religion listed as the home of the devil.

Graham has more than a hot line to GOD,he is at his door steps.

I am sure the Veil is very thin between him and the Lord right now. I hope that Billy is learning alot from the Lord in the final days/months/years of his mortal probation. I have no doubt that the Lord has much to show him, especiall when he gets to the other side. I am confident he will be working with the others in preparation of Christ's return.

Oh please.....I've been an eangelical christian for 30 years......and I've never had an issue with mormons..

ah come on. you know you secretly hate me:)

I think what you mean is that your caricature of the "GOPs" Evangelical movement just collapsed.

That's what you don't seem to understand. Your view of it was a straw man you created.

I just think it's funny that hard core conservatives christians arent nearly had hateful and racist as you libtards claim....and man if a black goes republican they get all kinds of racist talk.....

I think it funny that the evangelicals are once again sacrificing what they previously considered principles for what they believe to be poltical advantage. Do you honestly believe that Romney has anything but contempt for them? LDS hold them in as great of contempt as they hold the LDS.

I think it funny that the evangelicals are once again sacrificing what they previously considered principles for what they believe to be poltical advantage. Do you honestly believe that Romney has anything but contempt for them? LDS hold them in as great of contempt as they hold the LDS.

$$$$ and power are excellent motivators to....ahem....evolve.

Forum List

Back